• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Canadian Mafia II - Endgame

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I did give Chevy a motivator shot, as Rag confirmed and Ex guessed, but I didn't realize they wouldn't be told about it. I assumed the pineapple was that motivator shot, and they weren't told what it did. Seanzie's claim to be a fruit vendor cleared that up for me.

The reason I was wary to claim was because I was worried Chevy might be roleblocked tonight and it would go to waste.
Oh, the pineapple is why I was motivated? There were 2 separate messages. Hopefully scum doesn't get a roleblock.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
So Minish is somewhat tunneling SMS, and I checked him out and it seemed fine, besides the fact that he's busy.

Vote: Morbid Minish

???
I came into today saying he wasn't likely to be mafia because he didn't move during the night. I've mentioned SMS like two or 3 times, and those were with talking about everyone else as well.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Vote: Zinger

zinger's decleration to abstain from the trivia minigame initially pinged me, however his defense was much worse. Falling back on something like "i'm not reading any of the posts anyways" as a defense does not feel like town zinger to me. Town zinger would double down on whatever he was doing, not try to find a way to excuse his behaviour. I also would have expected some more tunnelling and OMGUS from zinger but instead he just stuck to broadly criticizing his wagon.

The wagon swinging to storm at the last minute doesn't look good for him either, however kirino being town makes the swing less suspicious

@Chevywolf30 @MapelSerup @Morbid Minish : Why did you decide to vote for storm over zinger?

@Zinger2099 :What did you mean when you referred to my "open wolf meta"?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I'm wondering what everyones thoughts on Kirinos Night Death are?

very strange death. Kirino wasn't particularly active and his vote at EOD made him look bad. The only reason I can imagine wanting to hit him is because he can be a generally strong player as town when he isn't having activity issues. I feel like there should be better targets for anyone with that reasoning though, like minish or me.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
@Chevywolf30 @MapelSerup @Morbid Minish : Why did you decide to vote for storm over zinger?
Honestly, Zinger just seemed too obvious to me, even though we knew he wasn’t a jester. I had been leaning Storm for most of the game, as he had done more at the beginning. I also felt like if there was a vig shot in the roles handed out Zinger would be a more likely target than Storm, and that Storm would be more likely to do more damage as scum.

Kirino voted Storm at the very end but seemed to be hard leaning Zinger most of the day. Combine that with Storm’s EOD urges to lynch Zinger once he was cleared and Zinger seems like the obvious lynch for today. So much so that it’s almost worrying; I’d like to see a few more takes before throwing my hand in with a vote.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Question #9 is: This master of illusion, abandoning a desired career in piano playing, turned to the subtle art of sleight of hand and went on to fool Penn & Teller twice before proceeding to win America’s Got Talent... twice.

@Rag, you keep trying to apply your knowledge of my meta as a justification for my being scum, but if you're town, you are clearly underestimating how much I am enjoying being Jim Carrey and using that role as an excuse to troll. More likely, though, you're scum, and you're just open-wolfing hard on me with overly thought out B.S. reasons why. Anyone who does know my meta knows my play in this game doesn't match anything I've ever done in a game, be I Scum or Town.

*Presses the buzzer even though an answer hasn't been posited in search of its question*

"Who is Jim Carrey? Jim Carrey is an illusion."

OMGUS Vote: Ragnarokio

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
did anyone answer a question wrong last day? I'm a bit curious on what sort of passive modifiers can happen
we shouldn't be able to roll stuff like strongman/ninja right? because it's pointless without an active action that only affects mafia

also, assuming we might get decent ones, should we take some gambits and make plans on how to use passive stuff in case we get to -Lo? lol

btw was noone else surprised at the half majority vote thing :exlight:
I don't think anyone mentioned it yet
it should influence how we read a few of the votes a bit because I interpreted it as being maj and I just kinda didn't care and was just trying to be around to hammer

I'm wondering what everyones thoughts on Kirinos Night Death are?
I don't really remember his reads other than him being a bit iffy of Zinger/Storm, while strongly wanting to lynch Zinger over the idea of him being a Jester, and throwing some shade at Rag

I feel like the reason was probably not his reads and instead just because he's a strong player and maybe because he's considered good at trivia?
there's probably a limited amount of players here that would know that though

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer

A few different reasons. One was that I thought Storm had a bit more lynch potential (I mistakenly thought it took maj) and I wasn't sure I'd be around for eod so I placed my vote there. Second was that I suspected Storm more than Zinger. I don't have a ton of meta on Zinger but what he was doing didn't exactly seem AI to me. Storm however, had lied a few times already and said that thing about knowing his luck I would survive til the end and avoided explaining his post. And the third reason ties into the second a bit. Storm kept lying about always being the n1 kill and always being the d1 lynch and about how d1 usually ends in no lynches and multiple extensions. Normally I'd just chalk that up to Storm being his usual self. But this game there are a few newbies/people who haven't played here a ton. So I felt he may be taking advantage of that and lying about stuff to try to get some sympathy and sway votes away from him.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
also, assuming we might get decent ones, should we take some gambits and make plans on how to use passive stuff in case we get to -Lo? lol
Considering Chevy has his motivator shot stewing, we could potentially agree as town to let them have a question. That would give people a chance to get questions wrong purposefully while we wait for Chevy. Since the passive effects can be good or bad, maybe we could gamble for good effects?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom