• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Canadian Mafia 2 signups - The Return of Alex Trebek

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Howdy fellow Canucks, and welcome to the pseudo-sequel to my previous Canadian Mafia game!

Before we begin signing up, there is something I would like to briefly go over and that is the game's central mechanic: Trivia. In honour of the late, great, Canadian icon Alex Trebek, this game will include a variety of Jeopardy-style trivia questions all relating to Canada in some way. Everybody will be Vanilla in this game - with the exception of the mafia, who have access to both a factional kill and roleblock - and answering trivia questions will be the key to unlocking abilities.

So how exactly does it work? Basically, each time you answer a question, you will receive a single-shot ability that must be used during the night or day phase immediately following the day in which you receive it. Correct answers will lead to active abilities while incorrect answers will grant you a passive ability. Passive abilities may be negative utility, so be cautious - googling answers will be permitted as it is impossible to police. The first person to answer each question, correct or not, will receive that question's associated ability, while each person may only answer one question per day. There will be between 7 and 9 questions per game day and they will be posted every few hours in order to give everyone opportunities to submit answers. The main idea of this is for everyone to be able to learn some hopefully interesting things about this country while having fun playing an otherwise relatively traditional mafia game at the same time!

General Rules: Please keep these in mind while signing up
  • Day phases will be 48 hours while night phases will be 24 hours. I will make the days longer if there is enough demand for it, but I would prefer not to.
  • During the first game day, every player will be required to vote. Once the first day ends, if any players have not placed a vote, RNG will decide it for them. No lynch is a valid vote.
  • Half-majority, rounded up, will be required for the first game day only for a lynch to go through (ex. with 12 players, majority would be 7 votes, and at least 4 would be required on one player for a lynch to occur).
  • A minimum of 4 posts will be expected from all players on each day. If this is unattainable for any reason, all you need to do is shoot me a message. Each vote count will include a list of people who have not yet met that quota for the day.
  • If the game reaches MYLO, voting no lynch will be allowed, but only for the first MYLO phase. If the game remains in that state following the night phase, no lynch will no longer be allowed.
  • LYLO will be announced but MYLO will not. All votes will be locked in LYLO.
  • Characters will be randomly assigned alignments, so there will be no particular reason why certain characters are town and vice versa. Additionally, there will be no third party players.
  • Due to the nature of this game, there will be no limit on claims. Keep in mind that the mafia can answer the questions too, though they will not be permitted to discuss the answers within the mafia private chat. In other words, mafia must independently answer the questions.
  • I will not be posting the answers to any questions until the end of each game day. If you answer one, you will simply be told whether the answer was correct or not. You may answer as many questions as you like before I post the correct answers, but will only receive one ability.
  • Questions must be answered in the form of a question like on Jeopardy (ex. What is, Who is, Who are, etc.).
  • When you sign up, please state the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of Canada, as an indication that you have read and understand the rules and how this game will work.
Players:
  • Kentucky Fried Picori
  • SexLight
  • Coronavirus Labyrinth
  • Dale Earnhardt
  • Charles Xavier
  • Mmmmm
  • Rasul? I think?
  • Wile E. Coyote
  • That's obviously me in the avatar
  • Arrogant Worm
  • Totally not persuaded by funnier
  • Couch? What couch?
Replacements:
I can really accommodate almost any number of players, but ideally I would like at least 12.

Last edited:
I'm Canadian, so I guess I have to /in.

Being that I am Canadian, do I really need to state the first thing that comes to mind when I think of the only place I've lived for my entire life? Seems silly. Like, I can just say "me" and that's a valid answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom