• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

BotW 2 E3 trailer

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
it means the islands have a designated "start" and "finish"
Once again, no it doesn’t. It means there’s an in-universe connection between two points. Having a road out in the middle of nowhere means nothing towards the overall structure of a game.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
it means the islands have a designated "start" and "finish"
To me it seems like its entirely possible for Link to skydive onto any part of the islands he wants. Sure there might be an entrance to the island, but it didn't look like you'd have to start there. Of course, we see a worm monster in a cave at one point in the trailer, so that's not to say there can't be linear stuff to explore. That could be on the islands or under the surface, but the architecture on its wall looked like the stones on the islands, so hmmm. Very curious.

I have some issue with the way they presented it. I feel like this teaser would've hit much harder if it was at the very end, after the farewells, without saying it was BotW 2, pretty much exactly how they did in 2019 for the first BotW 2 teaser. We all would've been expecting it to be that, of course, but I still think it would have helped for hype.

Also, the teaser itself shouldn't have shown off the ground level of Hyrule IMO. The ground they chose to reveal is seemingly largely unchanged from BotW, besides Boko camps on Talus's now. If they were to update old areas, you would think those updated areas would get shown off instead, or they would at least refrain showing off the ground world altogether if they haven’t finished that part yet. How they would update the ground world was a concern for many since the world's appeal was expended in the first game.

Keeping the overworld the same as BotW would be a little disappointing, but it also made me think of things that could change the landscape in in-game events, like islands falling on Whistling Hill to make a proper dungeon, possibly even connecting to underground segments upon impact to make dungeons even more sprawling, even if this teaser does nothing to suggest that. I am getting a little bit of a Bowser's Fury vibe where different 'level' segments are grouped together but getting from one to another requires no loading screens, just a windbomb long horizontal glide from one island patch to another. I also love that Hyrulean Magnezone's design! I noticed its feather-egg shoulders seem to be the same feather-egg design as the lamp on the island that Link swam through.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Keeping the overworld the same as BotW would be a little disappointing, but it also made me think of things that could change the landscape in in-game events, like islands falling on Whistling Hill to make a proper dungeon, possibly even connecting to underground segments upon impact to make dungeons even more sprawling, even if this teaser does nothing to suggest that.
Actually, it does. You can catch a glimpse of what looks like architecture that matches the sky ruins fallen down to the surface.
image0.png

Also further in the background there appear to be buildings, so the potential for reconstruction and new stuff on the surface isn't zero.

Rinku

Suupa Saiya-jin
Actually I think we might get into a surprise here. We might get both underground and sky in the same game. Zelda fell into the abyss, but how to get it? perhaps the Sky is the answer?
I think there will be exploration in both the sky and the underground. 5 years is far too many for Nintendo to just implement a few changed landscapes or even a sea of sky-islands to an already finished game (BotW 1). Sea? did I say sea? A far fetched one, but why not all three? (underground, sea and sky)

Just been looking again at the teaser and I think near the end you can see the rocks falling away from Hyrule Castle, perhaps that is going to become an island as it seems as tho there is only a thin connection between it and the ground! Seems to be a lot lot of Malice still around tho!
Yes you can see broken paths running between the islands.

Mii

Mi
Hi uh, here’s my thought after watching a twenty-minute long video. If you look at the pictures in the trailer carefully and find the same spot in Bot, you’ll see that the bokoblin horns are longer, however, the most interesting thing is that all sheik towers disappeared, and there are no lava on the death mountain. So I think it’s a time before the Sheikah towers and that’s 10000 years ago (?) Back in BotW there’s a kid in the forest stable. She says that people once lived in the sky in the ancient times... What’s more, if you go to Impa’s house and listen to the ancient legend again, you’ll see that Link in the trailer looks really similar to the ancient knight, especially the green patterns on Link’s right arm. In the previous trailers, there’s a green hand underground and a lot of players think that the hand is from a kind of power of Sheikah, but I think it’s at least related to the Zonai tribe, and according to the story Impa told, the hand is likely to be the ancient knight’s. Because of the hand, Link seemed to get new powers (similar to the Sheikah runes), also when he use some kind of Stasis power, Link didn’t use the slate at all. So my guess is that Link and Zelda went back to the ancient times and tried to stop Ganon (or Ganondorf) completely and I hope the Zonai tribe’s disappearance in BotW will get explained
(Some theories credit to Zeltik on youtube and Zelda with short hair on bilibili)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I love the floating islands. I would expect there are both sky and underground aspects to this game.

I am surprised they didn't show off more though considering how much time they have taken. It could well be they are still experimenting with ideas and that 2022 is too optimistic a release date. I would like to see some new enemy types as the variety in BoTW was lacking. Bokoblins riding a talus is good but where are the deku Baba, like likes, gibdos, darknuts etc, and also that they have improved (by getting rid of) the weapon breaking this time.

There isn't that much of note to discuss in the trailer unfortunately so I don't expect these forums to revive much after this showing.

Last edited:
Actually, it does. You can catch a glimpse of what looks like architecture that matches the sky ruins fallen down to the surface.
image0.png

Also further in the background there appear to be buildings, so the potential for reconstruction and new stuff on the surface isn't zero.

Oh that's somewhat of a relief! I hope the sky pieces aren't just ruins but actual places to explore and that the new constructions have good amount of content with it. Maybe we'll even get to help on some construction like in Tarrey Town.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Strange that no one has mentioned it yet, but I could easily see a time-reversal mechanic based on both the reversed music and the water droplet seeming to move backwards.
The water thing to me seemed more like anti gravity to my eyes. I figured it was a result of the ability that let Link fall upwards and phase through the sky island. I am guessing that's your primary method of reaching the sky. You fall up until you hit something, or until you cancel the ability and thus are put into free fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom