• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Just a point, but i'm responding to an earlier comment. The pointing of the sword to the sky may be a hint that the powerups from ALTTP could be returning, such as the ether or Earthquake medalions that when used, Link would point his sword to the sky.

What do you think of this?

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Just a point, but i'm responding to an earlier comment. The pointing of the sword to the sky may be a hint that the powerups from ALTTP could be returning, such as the ether or Earthquake medalions that when used, Link would point his sword to the sky.

What do you think of this?

Hmmm, that would mean that medallions would make a return or perhaps it would be a special power up that grants Link magical abilities for doing certain movements with the sword. I find this to be interesting. I would like to have the use of medallions again most likely as those seem like they would work better for an intense battle. Making certain abilities occur during certain sword swings may cause a problem for people if they're in a fight and they make the wrong moves.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
The Meaning of "Skyward Sword"

Since I found no one had posted something like this, I have decided to post my ideas on what the meaning of Skyward Sword could mean.

Ok, the legends of Hyrule states that the Master Sword was a blessed sword, right? The Goddesses had given it the power to banish evil, hence the name.

So I believe that the title "Skyward Sword" could be referencing that the sword is in fact blessed by the Goddesses of the Heavens above. This also gives me reasons to believe that the sword will have special powers during the game where you must point your sword to the Sky in order to access certain abilities, thus gaining aid from the Goddesses themselves.

Ikana

Trollkastel
that's what I thought when I heard the name maybe you will be more connected with the goddesses with the sword.I like your theory even though I want much more info about the game I still don't want to spoil too much for the game but who knows we might get more info about it.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
It seems that the sword is going to be central to the plot of the game, having been emphasized in the art, gameplay, and now the title. The rumor that the game will explore the origin of the Master Sword seemed very plausible to me, and now this name just reinforces that idea in my opinion. I think perhaps the plot may talk about how and why the Goddesses gave the sword it's mystical power, and that powerup the sword gets when pointed upwards is just it receiving a temporary boost of energy from the Goddesses. Ah, now I really want to know more about the game's story. Cannot wait!

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Like they said, Miyamoto wanted Link to raise his sword high while riding on horseback in TP. They did that, but it didn't quite have the effect they were looking for.

We already know that raising the sword to the sky charges it, and we know that there is a connection between the heavens and the sword this time around. The title "Skyward Sword" isn't just referring to the correlation between the two, though. The image of holding up a sword to the sky is a very powerful and symbolic image. It's empowering. It gives hope and shows triumph. Doesn't anybody remember Miyamoto holding up the Master Sword some years ago, hyping up all the fans? Military and geurilla leaders did/do it to pump up their soldiers. Even today, people raise their guns to the sky. The hero holding his weapon to the sky.... very moving.

As for how exactly the sword gains power... dunno. I want to think goddesses, but this Mysterious Blue Figure looks more like a fairy... still, she doesn't look human, so she could be a goddess or lesser spirit of sorts. Maybe the "charge" is a blessing. I don't know. It does appear to be the Master Sword, though, sooo... I really can't think of what this charged power might be other than a blessing of sorts. Or.. perhaps it draws power from the heavens? Like, actually uses the power of higher beings?

C

CDi-Fails

I think that the Skyward Sword is the Master Sword but with the Goddesses combined *they look like the WW's great fairy when combined* and sealed inside it due to Ganondorf's dying power *remember, Link stabbed Ganondorf in his open wound, so he could have done something with his remaining power* and when Link points it towards the sky, the spirits of the people that have died send there power to the sword

Hero Of Spirits

Champion of Cyrodiil
Yes, I fully believe that the girl in the concept art is the Spirit Of The Master Sword, or Skyward Sword. Whatever it is, it looks very promising. The graphics are a hit with me, & it looks brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom