• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Bok's Fantasy Book Mafia

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
ooh, so Balefire being final meant it stops dead player interactions
not necessarily a possible reviver

Hello hi yes, we’re ready to receive all the compliments about what a great setup it was ty
Thanks for the game too Fun uwu

I personally really really enjoy JOATish roles so that was really nice to have. The roles seemed balanced and fun and honestly despite not having any casualties in my team I feel like people don't realize how clutch this win was and how easily everything could've collapsed for us, so it was a pretty close game.

The game itself was really tidy and organized, from the Role PMs, to the Votecounts, to the punctuality with phase changes, and I feel like these sort of small details aren't as greatly appreciated as they should. So great job there too.

The softclaims rules are something I personally have a bit of a hard time everytime since it I feel like people always end up leaking one thing or ten trying to dance around it specially when they start panicking, which is prolly uncomfortable. I feel like this one is more on the players than the hosts but I wonder if the setup could've used tweaks to demotivate it even further in a more passive way. I think we mentioned some stuff like this in the scumchat at some point.

anyway expecting to kick everyone's ass again in Fantasy Mafia 2 uwu
(I'm joking please don't mislynch me D1 next game)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I literally sabotaged my own wincon by stomping sun that night lmao.

Gg

Well played scum, sorry for being totally unable to decide if I was scum or town siding lol

Oh, and here was Legacys failed letter to Minish:

"Mellow - 100% confirmed as Neutral*
Legacy of Smiles - 100% confirmed as Town*

*Please share. Mellow role unknown, could be any 3p.

Mikey - Frustration and refusal to make reads is towny? Scummy posts early on that show TMI but late posts are good enough to redeem this.

ExLight - ??? Too tired to bother.

Johnny - Some concerns but nothing much to say.

The exact scum team should be Sun Fan + (Rubik / Kirino) + (ExLight / Johnny / less likely but still possible Mikey).

Wagonomics works out with only these combinations also.

Hard to imagine a world where Sun Fan is town but if you can think of one then pleass share it. Otherwise... definitely go for them tomorrow unless things change.

Rubik/Kirino probably not aligned. Both have good partner potential with Sun Fan. Last slot is a wildcard.

These reads may or may not be awful so give them a bit of a pinch of salt still."

Oh, and here was Legacys failed letter to Minish:

"Mellow - 100% confirmed as Neutral*
Legacy of Smiles - 100% confirmed as Town*

*Please share. Mellow role unknown, could be any 3p.

Mikey - Frustration and refusal to make reads is towny? Scummy posts early on that show TMI but late posts are good enough to redeem this.

ExLight - ??? Too tired to bother.

Johnny - Some concerns but nothing much to say.

The exact scum team should be Sun Fan + (Rubik / Kirino) + (ExLight / Johnny / less likely but still possible Mikey).

Wagonomics works out with only these combinations also.

Hard to imagine a world where Sun Fan is town but if you can think of one then pleass share it. Otherwise... definitely go for them tomorrow unless things change.

Rubik/Kirino probably not aligned. Both have good partner potential with Sun Fan. Last slot is a wildcard.

These reads may or may not be awful so give them a bit of a pinch of salt still."
I don't think this aged tooo badly for literally my first Night in the game with no meta on anyone (sending this to Minish I just assumed Minish was locktown for the sake of the letter).

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Sorry for voting you Johnny. I didn't want to but at the end my hand was forced and it was be ****ed or hope that you were a lucky hit.

Kirino I hate you for your AtE. It makes me feel bad every time. Haha.

I tried to subtly hint that I thought I had blocked the kill by continuously asking about the Sunfan kill. That's why I kept bringing it up, and bringing up Kirino and Tristan specifically. I also tried to hint that there wasn't a vig anymore by saying that vig was likely x-shot and saying I didn't think the same person killed Chevy and Sunfan.

I was going to make a longer post talking about a lot of stuff but I don't really feel like it now so I'll just be brief.

I think for my next game I would possibly open up claiming a bit, but not having full on hard claims, it would be more of a hybrid game, claiming wise. I don't really like the idea of the game just boiling down to PoE mechanical solving and town getting a get out of jail free card after not playing very well early in the game. Minish played the game as intended and was able to figure out the scum team, even though it didn't work out for town in the end.

Overall I would say that no role claiming was a reason town lost, but it was far from the only reason, the biggest being scum played and communicated well and at the end of the day the better team won. I also think they got away with a lot of stuff they shouldn't have and if more people had looked at wagons and done ISO's then the game would have gone differently. But I understand that not everyone has time for that or that isn't how they prefer to play so I'll try making my next game to accommodate more playstyles, however, I'll never design a game that can come down purely to mechanical solving.

If anyone has any feedback for the next game I'd greatly appreciate it, I think I'll stick with the role madness theme with many unique roles going forward. I have a few ideas about the next game already and besides the ideas mentioned above I would like to do more with the items, rather than them just being tied to one players flavour cop shot.

Also big thanks for @funnier6, haven't really said it yet but the game wouldn't have gone off the ground as smoothly as it had if not for you and it was good chatting throughout the game. Anyways, I won't have access to this account much longer so reach out to me on discord if you want to talk (if you can find me).

Hope everyone at least had fun and thanks for playing and reading this ramble fi you did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom