• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Graphics of Skyward Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikana

Trollkastel
It wouldn't surprised me if they did they have done it before with OOT but even if they don't change the Graphics I wouldn't mind.The TP graphics was just too dark like for me,with these graphics we get this bright beautiful graphics but don't get me wrong I love TP graphics but they were just too dark for me.

I really hope they change too.. PH and ST were both awful in every way.
I'm not fully sure on this one right now.

That's not necessarly true, sure the graphics on those games sucks, and I hate traveling by train and boat, but the history is pretty good.

N

NiaSoPurdy

i didn't mind the cell shaded graphics but it was just a smidge too bright for my liking, hence in my opinion, cheapened the look of the game....i actually liked the TP graphics....but i'd prefer a happy medium of dark and light rather than all bright and cartoony

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
It wasn't exactly cell-shaded. It seemed to be a combination of Twilight Princess graphics and Wind Waker graphics. It looks okay but I sort of don't like the minor cell-shading. It looks nothing like the art.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
The TP graphics seemed kind of... dark and dusty to me. But THIS! Well, I know one thing: the dungeons in WW felt so much richer, there was a real sense of atmosphere in them, because of the cell shading and the flat colour tones, something TP didn't have for me. SO I would be more than overjoyed if the kept them :3

However, you make a good point, and it does make me wonder... they very well could change the graphics, or have already changed them since that interview. Idk, we'll just have to wait and see I guess. I'm not worried about the graphical style though, what I'm worried about are the controls...

EDIT: Person above me, remember the Earth Temple in WW, how dark and gloomy that was. It was cellshaded, and it wasn't bright and colourful... remember that isn't the only thing Cellshading can do~

L

Limppu

I expected an other graphic style like TP, but not as dark and now I`m really disappointed... I don`t dislike the "new" style! I think it`s great but I have to cutton up to it...
Mabye my opinion will change when I see big, epic outdoor levels (not like the tiny level in the demo...)

However, you make a good point, and it does make me wonder... they very well could change the graphics, or have already changed them since that interview. Idk, we'll just have to wait and see I guess. I'm not worried about the graphical style though, what I'm worried about are the controls...

Yeah I know Miyamoto made the controls look very complicated, especially the bow and the beetle

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Yeah I know Miyamoto made the controls look very complicated, especially the bow and the beetle

Yeah... though according to some interviews of dudes who played the demo, they work fine. I'm reserving judgement though until there are some demo reviews released :c
Hahah, so much for "less complex controls" huh. Ah well, thinking about it, at first I was a little disappointed because I was expecting TP-esque graphics, but now, I actually really hope they keep the cell shaded ones. Or at least the same vibrance the cellshaded ones have...

Nine-tailed Fox

FUS RO DAH!!!!
I was very dissapointed after waiting this long to find out that the TP-esque graphics for Zelda Wii evolved into the TP/WW hybrid I saw at E3. :( Oh well. I hope they do it better than The Wind Waker.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
To be honest, I despise the TP style. After all, if I wanted photo realism I'd look out my window. What I want are creative, imaginitive, colorful graphics in a WW vein and that seems to be what we're getting in TP. Cel shaded, yes, cartoony, no. And really, Jesper's statement above really disappoints me.

Zelda for kids can stay on the DS, but not the Wii!!1!

When has Zelda ever been for kids? When, I ask you. Zelda has been a family friendly franchise aimed at all ages, not just the little kiddies or the more mature gamers, ever since the beginning and the only exception so far has been TP with it's T rating. Really, what's kiddy about a little boy in green traveling through a mideval world to kill/defeat/seal a giant demonic pig and save the princess of a usually prosperous and peaceful country? And it's not exactly an M rated thing either.

Really, it just ticks me off how people say that the Cel Shading automatically makes a Zelda game "Dora the Explorer" material. I mean (sorry for the language) what the hell? Seriously, learn to use logic. WW actually has the usual dark storyline with lighthearted moments of most Zelda games, but people write it off as a "Dora the Explorer" thing just because of the style. Any Zelda fan who thinks that is a sorry excuse for a Zelda fan, period.

Anyways, moving on, I think the Realistic Cel Shading is actually the finalized style, because (correct me if I'm wrong) Miyamoto said that in regards to the concept sketch a long time ago. This leads me to believe that, at the time, they were using the TP style but eventually decided to change it to the Realistic Cel Shading we saw in the presentation.

DCMN

Hero of Internet
I guess the preview art got everyones hopes up for a TP sequel. To be honest I was disapointed at first too, but now I really do dig these new graphics, they are just stunning.

This led me to think that the semi-Cell-Shaded graphics aren't permanent. Personally I liked them, I think they're a good idea, but what I think Nintendo should do (although it is unlikely) is to put an option to change graphics on the game, What do you think?
I don't see why that would make you think they aren't permanent. Miyamoto was basically describing exactly what we saw in the Skyward Sword trailer. He showed us a game with realism like Twilight Princess with a fantastic colorful style.

Yes, games like The Wind Waker surprised us with their style when we were expecting something more realistic, but that was always before we had trailers like this. At E3 we saw full gameplay. It isn't changing at this point. Besides, we already saw a surprising shift in style; they made us think it was going to look like TP with that artwork and gave us SS. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom