• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Bok's Fantasy Book Mafia

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I’m gonna ISO Johnny because the stuff he’s saying doesn’t add up with what I know which is massive a red flag

I can see what he’s saying being a way to bus kirino while attempting to get townpants which makes think of a possibly Kirino/Johnny/Legacy or Kirino/Johnny/Moe team

Worst case scenario Minish/Johnny/Legacy or Moe but in this case we just lose I guess

You thinking Ex is the towniest person here right now is very ???.
):

it’s literally my nickname
Ex “the towniest person here right now” Light

at least from my PoV lol
me and Rubik prolly

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I can discuss things with Ex without feeling like I'm licking sandpaper. I'm slowly growing more concerned about him in all honesty but he's probably never my chop for today.

Just because the dude will talk with you doesn't mean he's town. I did a huge ****ing ISO and have been then only one to actually do one this phase and explain my reasoning for someone. Mechanics talk is nothing compared to actually scum hunting and posting reasons for people being scum.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I agree, mechanical talk is extremely weakened in this setup because even with the restrictions if yall keep abusing softs **** means nothing because mafia probably has ways to figure out people's roles so they can very well hint at stuff that can't be explicitly countered or straight up from dead players

I made a post commenting the overall votes based on the votecounts around page 61 and I feel like noone really mentioned anything from it umu

anyway finishing the Johnny ISO

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Day 1 Vote Count 1

ExLight
(3) (Kirino, Libk, Rag)
Mikey the Moeblin (2) (Chevy, Johnny)
Rubik (1) (Minish)
Morbid Minish (1) (Ex)
Pen (1) (Mido) waves to Mido
Ragnarokio (1) (Rube)

Day 1 Vote Count 2

ExLight (3) (Kirino, Libk, Rag)
Mikey (2) (Johnny, Chevy)
Ragnarokio (2) (Rubik, Pen)
Rubik (1) (Minish)
Pen (1) (Mido)
Chevy (1) (Mikey)
Libk (1) (ExLight)

Day 1 Vote Count 3

Ragnarokio (3) (Rubik, Pen, Minish)
ExLight (2) (Kirino, Rag)
Libk (2) (ExLight, Johnny)
Pen (1) (Mido)
Mez (1) (Chevy)

Day 1 Vote Count 4

Ragnarokio (4) (Rubik, Pen, Minish, mikey)
Libk (3) (ExLight, Johnny, rag)
ExLight (1) (Kirino)
Pen (1) (Mido)
Mez (1) (Chevy)

Day 1 Vote Count 5

Ragnarokio (6) (Rubik, Pen, Minish, SMS, Chevy, Kirino)
Chevy (3) (Mikey, Johnny, libk)
Libk (2) (ExLight, rag)
Pen (2) (Mido, Mez)

Vote Count 1.6

Ragnarokio
(5) (Rubik, Pen, Minish, Chevy, Kirino)
Chevy (5) (Mikey, Johnny, libk, SMS, rag)
Pen (2) (Mido, Mez)
Libk (1) (ExLight)

Ragnarokio (5) (Rubik, Pen, Minish, Chevy, Kirino)
Chevy (5) (Mikey, Johnny, libk, SMS, rag)
Pen (2) (Mido, Mez)
Libk (1) (ExLight)

Vote Count 2.1

The Sun Fan
(1) (Mellow Ezlo)
Rubik (1) Mikey

Vote Count 2.2

The Sun Fan
(2) (Mellow Ezlo, ExLight)
Rubik (2) (Mikey, Libk,

Vote Count 2.3

Rubik
(2) (Mikey, Libk)
The Sun Fan (1) (ExLight)
Mellow Ezlo (1) (Sunsun)

Vote Count 2.4

Rubik
(2) (Mikey, Libk)
Mellow Ezlo (2) (The Sun Fan, Rubik)

Vote Count 2.5

Rubik
(2) (Mikey, Libk)
Libk (1) Johnny Sooshi,

Vote Count 2.6

Rubik
(2) (Mikey, Libk)
Libk (2) (Johnny Sooshi, Legacy of Smiles)

Libk (3) (Johnny Sooshi, Legacy of Smiles, Exlight)
Mellow Ezlo (3) (The Sun Fan, Rubik, Kirino)
Rubik
(2) (Mikey, Libk)
[/QUOTE]

I have to go get ready but wanted to have this to look at for later.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I get that this was a joke mostly, but it feels weird. Maybe that's me, but I tend to take Mikey's "I have no meta" posts with a grain of salt. This feels almost...forced? Like the need to throw something back just to make him look bad for making his statement. Maybe I'm just tunnelling too hard.

Additionally, I can see where Min has her paranoia about Tristan pocketing SMS come in. That said, both haven't made enough of a push to really read them much. I kinda like SMS so far, and his activity is NAI, so maybe a slight town lean?
(...)
So walk me through this. Your scum leans are Mikey/Mez/me/Min. You initially think up a Mikey/Mez team, add on that Mez and I are never scumbuds, and then walk back your Mikey/Mez team. All of this is done while never addressing why Min is scum lean, or why you have no other town leans, and shade is thrown towards Ex too.

Who is your base scum team and why? If I go off your follow-ups, it can't be any team other than me, Min, and Mikey, so if it's not that, why?

As an added bonus, why omgus vote? Is it because of actual suspicion, or because you're frustrated at Mikey's push?
First meaningful post from Johnny.
Sheeps a bit on Minish's opinions, throwing a bit of shade on Tristan.
Hounds Chevy a bit, funny enough trying to discredit their push on Tristan/Moe.

From this I feel like there's a bit of contradictory behavior and setting up a possible mislynch on Chevy.

I'm willing to pressure Libk, I think some more posts are justified. However, I will unvote him if it feels like others start taking advantage to form a wagon.
He then disappears for a while, only dropping a pressure vote on Libk which is fine but not a proactive move since I had to suggest it as a counterwagon to my own leading wagon.

Vote: Chevy

I'll swing this, idc. Scum af, and if you think it's mine mistake at this point, you're probably also scum or scum adjacent. I'll die on that hill
He then shows up at EoD where he drops his vote on Chevy. I think this is coherent with him questioning Chevy earlier in the phase, but NAI at best.

Chevy flip genuinely surprises me. That eod was super scummy. The wagon is open to judgment, myself included, but I'm willing to give Mikey town pants for jumping on it so quickly, and I'm not super inclined to think Libk is either. I'll go double check his late D1 posts and see if I can learn anything from it. His pickup in activity is really what had me town leaning him on that one

I Rag's wagon is my starting point. It gained speed really slowly, but I didn't like how it had people jumping ship and boarding right up to the last minute. Min and Kirino are good staring points there, and if either one were scum or vig, I could see them aiming to kill Chevy overnight after a mislynch.

SMS feels like either a scum play, aimed at getting a talkative and engaging player out, or a possible SK push for the same.

Stay tuned, I'll be back soon, or maybe in the morning, idk. It's nearly 1 am and I'm tired.
Defending Moe again.

Tries to shove one of the death responsibility at either Minish and Kirino. Not sure if this is related to the current push, but if it is then I feel even more skeptical towards his soft because I don't remember him pushing any of them throughout the entire D2 Phase and in the ends just comes off as throwing shade.

I'm not sure who he thinks was each kill here. He suggests (in the order of Chevy-SMS kills) either Mafia+SK or Vigi+Mafia, the latter being a bit strange if he really was thinking Tristan is a possible Serial Killer? No mention or subtle hints either. I guess benefit of the doubt could also make him also consider Tristan as harmless, which would be fair I guess. In the end kinda stays on the fence to not weight in on who the really thinks was the Mafia kill.

Good post by Tristan overall, and I'm sure I'll reread it to pick it apart more, potentially, but I don't like this here

What exactly about the vote was there to like? It was a measured vote that stuck to a player that they really didn't think was scum. It plays out very similarly to Pen, who you criticized for maintaining a vote when he had no real reason to. It also, as you noted, put Rag in hammer range. L-1 is more likely from scum than an actual hammer, which maintains the safeness that the post seems to give off.
A bit of treat and hit towards Tristan? Still no real shade thrown at the person he knows to not be Town.
I don't really understand the comparison to Pen and Kirino here since they did really different things, but seems to come off as throwing shade on both Kirino and Pen, a bit more towards Kirino.

Tbf, a smart SK sees your call for a kill on chevy by the vig and does it.
This message is extremely weird.
Scroll up to the post where he speculates about the night kills and Johnny never suggests the idea of a SK killing Chevy before, only Mafia or Vigilante, to which he pointed at Minish and Kirino. In this message he changes the narrative to Chevy possibly being a SK target as opposed to only SMS like before, which is weird since then he'd not only not be implying Minish or Kirino as Serial Killers, but also not pushing the idea of Tristan being such.

#354 is a post replying to me catching up with the thread and my rainbow list. Dude disagreed with everything except Rubik/Sunfan yeet

I actually really like this response. I may flip my opinions on Libk and Kirino because of this, but I'll double check their posts first. That said, there absolutely is a world where you both are scum. I'm not insinuating that you were looking for an excuse to kill Rag, more so that it seemed somewhat convenient for a wolf to do, and thus you're potentially a wolf. But for scum to push a specific kill rather than go with the flow on D1 is something that would look scummy, and I don't usually get that from your meta, so that is an argument in favor of town leaning you.
Responding to Kirino. Saying he might flip opinions on Libk and Kirino (townlean and scumread at the time) leaves his reads on them free to flipflop with a public excuse to back them off. Feels like staying on the fence.

I think you're right on this mostly. Monish has been super noncommittal in a way that doesn't fit her town meta. Tristan's posts are full of content and while I want to town read him for it, the lack of aggressiveness feels weird to me, like you said, how he played with me in your Smash Bros game. Libk is kinda mia again. I like his content when he's here, but it's hard to not scum read someone

I think I'll vote for Tristan, knowing full well his wagon was the two inactives from yesterday.

Vote: Tristan
who's Monish WHO'S MONISH
I'm assuming what you meant when pointing to Libk was that it was hard to not scumread someone that keeps disappearing.

Throws shade at Minish, and Libk. Looking back his vote on Tristan while saying he wanted to Townread felt pretty weird but I guess makes sense if he knew Tristan was 3p? The excuse of it being two inactives from yesterday is a bit bizarre, though.

At this point of the Day I feel like literally everyone is either scum or null in Johnny's list, lol.

Right after this he prods Tristan into claiming alignment. I'm a bit curious as to why this wasn't done in the first day of the Day 2, rather than in the last 4 hours aka after wasting 94.44% of the Day. And I guess this is what Legacy had been pushing when they ask why Johnny didn't ask earlier. I know there was the doubt on whether or not outing this in thread was a thing but that could've been solved right after Day began maybe. I don't know, things feel weird here.

Unvote

I'm inclined to believe this. I was told that I can reveal this info by Bok. I received a letter in the night from an anonymous source saying that Tristan is neither town nor scum. This not related to my role in any way.

Vote: Libk
I'm assuming this was supposedly to put pressure on Libk for him to say something? Although a bit too late on the Day? It feels weird for someone who he's had been getting townie vibes whenever is around to be his vote. I'd've expected him to vote Kirino or Minish, who he threw some shade throughout the Day and specially if they already had the supposed one-of-them-but-never-both-is-scum thing going for them which the dual shade seemed to be pointing to.

I guess that if this was a policy lynch for inactivity it's fine and possibly townie?

Also, why so quickly to stop worrying about the possibility of them being SK? This really bothered me back then and I think I called it out but kinda got ignored.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
D3 is mainly mechanical discussion and talk about WIFOM which they said they were tired of but pushed and doubled down still
and some issues in the understanding so I don't think it's worth ISOing for now

but from some stuff I know and the ISO I'm strongly scumreading Johnny
Rubik is Towncore and Minish is a townread.

The main possible scumbuds I can see from his interactions are:
- Johnny+Tristan - In this scenario they outting a letter check as 3p rather than mafia to make sure Tristan wasn't the Day's lynch (which feels a bit weird but I can think of a couple reasons like modifiers for a play like this). In this case legacy is Town.

- Johnny+Kirino - Johnny constantly threw shade at Kirino D2 but slowly swapped him and the day's lynch places in their reads which felt like shading to distance and indirectly protecting afterwards. In this case Minish is likely Town (I don't think he insists there's a scum between them both if they're both scumbuds and Minish's ISO just makes me think her and Kirino are never together).

- Johnny+Legacy - In this scenario the first result is fake and likely something akin to a Rolecop to figure out Tristan's alignment and they have a messenger to which they tried to mess Rubik with. In this case Tristan is indeed 3p.

Moe is the leftover and I didn't notice relevant interaction other than some light defending and some prodding from Johnny which is ambiguous. Note that some of these exclude each other, so we can't have like Johnny+Legacy+Tristan, but we can have mixes between these and the leftover people in the PoE.

Just need to point out that I won't be here from 4 hours before EoD and at that point votes will pretty much end up going between me (or the countervote if one exists at that time) and the person I voted.

So we need to decide some things before then:

- Mikey, do you really want to insist on thunderdoming me today?
- Who is everyone willing to consider voting for today?

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I’m willing to vote either Johnny or Kirino for this phase. I feel like Kirino fits more teams due to PoE but I feel like Johnny has more evidence against him.

If you try to gladiate Moe it might hurt town because if one of you is town scum can just jump in that wagon and make it a 4-vote wagon that wins ties. If you’re not sure you’ll be around EoD it might be better to not vote and hope all other players will be around to vote since we have some lenience due to it being MyLo not LyLo.

Kirino

Tatakae
I don't know about a Johnny lynch, since I was actually feeling more positively about him as per my last post. That Legacy seems willing to go after him is also interesting: I could potentially see it if they're scumbuds since Legacy also has a fair amount of suspicion on him and might want to bus, but I think it'd be more likely that they'd just try to force a town lynch today if they can. Their suspicions on each other don't necessarily seem committed, though, and if they're scum, they'll probably just end up voting me anyway. I imagine they'd only bus each other if they viewed a lynch on me as unviable and attracting suspicion, and decided to accept the loss and keep playing.

I'm still ultimately focused on Legacy as a lynch target, because I really can't look past his unreasonable desire to lynch me earlier, given other potential targets based on his PoE that he comparatively paid little attention to, and especially given the timing. It's still possible that Minish is scum with him, but it arguably looks even worse if Minish is town, because it seems like he's taking advantage of a townie strongly scumreading another townie in order to mislynch them during MYLO.

I suppose we could also no lynch to have more time for discussion and to hope the PoE gets smaller, but I think it's possible that we'd still lose the game in that case, depending on what Tristan is and what he does, or the existence of some other killing power. Besides which, the smaller the amount of players, the easier it is for scum to force a lynch. As for thunderdoming, I'd normally be fine with it given my scum reads, but I think Ex brings up a good point about it being too easy for scum to manipulate, and the fact that Legacy keeps suggesting it makes me somewhat suspicious.

I’m willing to vote either Johnny or Kirino for this phase. I feel like Kirino fits more teams due to PoE but I feel like Johnny has more evidence against him.

If you try to gladiate Moe it might hurt town because if one of you is town scum can just jump in that wagon and make it a 4-vote wagon that wins ties. If you’re not sure you’ll be around EoD it might be better to not vote and hope all other players will be around to vote since we have some lenience due to it being MyLo not LyLo.
Ok so a few points:

- If we can't decide who to vote by 4 hours before EoD (at least between two names) then honestly I think town is sort of lost.
- I can't afford to not vote unless Mellow decided to vote and decides to vote in favour of town. Otherwise, the three wolves can just all vote as soon as I leave and win.
- I really do not want to thunderdome Mikey today. If he won't move on from me today though then one of two things is true: either a) we have just lost the game immediately or b) either me or Mikey is a wolf and we must thunderdome.

I would prefer to chop inside of Kirino and Rubik today too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom