• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Bok's Fantasy Book Mafia

Just got off work, I'll be around till the end of the day now mostly.

Day 1 Vote Count 3

Ragnarokio (3) (Rubik, Pen, Minish)
ExLight (2) (Kirino, Rag)
Libk (2) (ExLight, Johnny)
Pen (1) (Mido)
Mez (1) (Chevy)

Not Voting (4) Mellow Ezlo, SMS, Mikey, Libk

With 13 alive it takes 7 votes to reach a majority. The day will end on Friday, March 19th at 10pm MST. (About 5 hours)

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
So is Minish legit voting Rag or was that a leftover vote from RVS?

I looked over her reads list and I guess it was ok, but there are some stretches with her logic that seem too hasty to me and that's why I'm not too impressed. Her read on Pen being somewhat fleshed out when he didn't even seriously post to my knowledge is odd, like I don't think Pen is even a talking point as a potential town lean just because he hasn't posted and that gives him "a laid back feel". I've seen plenty of Town Pen games where he was present and very active on Day 1.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
So is Minish legit voting Rag or was that a leftover vote from RVS?

I looked over her reads list and I guess it was ok, but there are some stretches with her logic that seem too hasty to me and that's why I'm not too impressed. Her read on Pen being somewhat fleshed out when he didn't even seriously post to my knowledge is odd, like I don't think Pen is even a talking point as a potential town lean just because he hasn't posted and that gives him "a laid back feel". I've seen plenty of Town Pen games where he was present and very active on Day 1.

It's interesting you don't know if my Rag vote is serious or rvs but seem to know my readslist well enough when the vote was included in it. Also me and Rag had a whole back and forth after that as well.

Pen doesn't have to post a ton for me to have a read on him. I'm using his meta which is I find that he jumps in way sooner with a more serious tone when he's scum because he loves to be scum. The opposite of that would lead me to think he's possibly town this game. That's not a stretch by any means. Also, Kirino said the same thing yet you neglect to point that out.

What other reads are "stretches"? Because I barely suspected many people and found most null at the moment.

And if this wagon on Rag is bull what do you say about her own admittance that she's been playing more towards her scum meta?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Unvote, Vote: Libk

libk hasn't really said enough all game to be readable but thats probably a good enough reason to lynch them and it beats letting myself be lynched

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
And if this wagon on Rag is bull what do you say about her own admittance that she's been playing more towards her scum meta?
I think her clarity with admitting she is playing to her scum meta probably means she isn't scum here, but I could be wrong. Your reasoning of her being scum is reliant on a game I'm not familar with, and I don't think you have very good case aside from that anyway.

I get that you think you have a good grasp of Pen's meta but I think you're giving him a pass here that isn't warranted, he should totally be a null. If Kirino said the same thing I'd caution him of the same. 2 posts isn't substantial enough to read into, bottom line. One of the last games that I played with Pen he was town and very active on Day 1, so I think his activity is probably NAI.

These two reads are stretches with hastily made conclusions and are my main concerns of your reads. Rag has two jokes votes on her atm and now you are piling on her and now Mikey has. There are a lot of town games where you've voiced a desire to want to not make easy lynches on Day 1, so my question for you is do you honestly believe Rag isn't an easy lynch right now?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Oh you meant Kirino agreeing with Rag, I don't really think her content has been lackluster, I think her interactions with people have looked ok. If you can point out the exact thing that makes you all worried, I'd take it into consideration.
This. Her biggest thing was with me about how I was saying I deserved lunch and she said it wasn't my fault if I got mislynched or something.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I never know how to interpret posts like this. This is something I've done as scum, try to seem townie by essentially surrendering yourself (it's like AtE but not really). At the same time, Libk's post seems sincere, so I'm really conflicted. I take this kind of thing as a more subtle form of AtE because Libk could easily say something like this to make us pity him a little. I think he's a decent wagon and I would vote him in the interest of self preservation, something I normally try to avoid, if votes on me pick up steam.
Just to add a bit of enlightenment, Libk did the same thing in his last game, kind of gave up and self-voted and it looked really scummy, I was like so sure he was going to flip red, but he was town.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
from my PoV in that game it was kinda clear you both were decently likely to be the rebels because you kinda kept discreetly agreeing and protecting me after I suggested that you should be protected rather than hunt

Rag would be pretty proactive but hesitate and step back whenever things started getting a bit too obvious but I feel like that was more because of the context of the game rather than an usual mafia style
@Morbid Minish This post kind of makes me negate your meta view on Rag based on the game in question.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I think her clarity with admitting she is playing to her scum meta probably means she isn't scum here, but I could be wrong. Your reasoning of her being scum is reliant on a game I'm not familar with, and I don't think you have very good case aside from that anyway.

I get that you think you have a good grasp of Pen's meta but I think you're giving him a pass here that isn't warranted, he should totally be a null. If Kirino said the same thing I'd caution him of the same. 2 posts isn't substantial enough to read into, bottom line. One of the last games that I played with Pen he was town and very active on Day 1, so I think his activity is probably NAI.

These two reads are stretches with hastily made conclusions and are my main concerns of your reads. Rag has two jokes votes on her atm and now you are piling on her and now Mikey has. There are a lot of town games where you've voiced a desire to want to not make easy lynches on Day 1, so my question for you is do you honestly believe Rag isn't an easy lynch right now?

I think Rag would absolutely say she's playing to her scum meta as scum. She's very smart and knows that something like that would look favorable. So it's not AI to me. And yeah most people aren't familiar with the game I am referencing and it was an unusual game to begin with. But I read people easier by being scum with them and that's the closest I have to that with Rag. You don't think that a case that someone who is usually more aggressive and proactive in helpful ways as town, but how is proactive in more fake ways (just prodding but not doing much else) as scum is strong? I don't know what to tell you there. I see a difference in her plays (one she admitted to herself, after I voted her mind you so it must have been a strong case if it were true) so I'm going to follow that.

I'm not giving him a pass. You're acting like I've town locked him, when I just think his play has warranted him a town enough read to not want to lynch him today. Also it has nothing to do with activity like you're seeming to imply (except for I think he would have been active in the game sooner as scum), it has to do with tone.

They're absolutely not stretches with hastily made conclusions, especially considering the fact that I tend to read them on these things in other games as well.

I don't think Rag is the easy vote here and I'm not sure why you think she is? She had two rvs votes on her that I don't take into consideration because they should be moved if not serious. And before I brought up my thoughts on Rag others were town reading her. It feels like you honed in on my reads list and read no other posts in the game.

As for you and Tristan, it was explained in my reads list. I'm bad at reading you both. Tristan seems a bit scummy to me and usually when I read him scum he's town. So I don't want to mislynch town d1 on a **** read. I feel like I can solve him and you with more posts. Rag I feel like is someone who will become more inactive the less interested she gets. And I actually felt like she was my strongest case after thinking about everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom