• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Bok's Fantasy Book Mafia

Kirino

Tatakae
It did seem odd that Tristan essentially meta-read Moe while pretending not to do so, although I can easily buy that it was just a bit. It’s also not completely irrational for Chevy to suggest a Moe-Tristan scum team based on that, given that it was a town read; it’s not an opinion I share, but I can at least see where he’s coming from.

Chevy as a whole is definitely playing more boldly and erratically than usual, given how casually he’s been throwing out reads and suggestions. But I generally wouldn’t expect new scum to be so reckless and place so much unnecessary attention on themselves. If anything, I’d at least have expected him to be more cautious after receiving suspicion, especially since most scum would likely coach him to do just that. Instead of backing down, though, he’s maintained pretty much the same play. Some of his thoughts are dubious or questionable, but that’s not too unexpected given his level and how early it is, and I’ve felt similarly about some of his takes in previous games. It’d be different if his reads seemed forced or artificial to me, but I can usually at least see what he’s getting at. I’m also a fan of his interaction with Rag, since he seemed to genuinely question his approach but then appeared to take Rag’s words (which assumed he was town) to heart. Overall, he strikes me more as insecure town experimenting, rather than scum.
"hey chevs don't make an association between mikey and mezlo too early it'll look weird"
no lol are you kidding me

someone can read as being coached and maybe you can pick up on that at times but making a read on the absence of coaching is just so nonsense I really can't get behind that at all
I agree with this to an extent, but I think general advice like “hey you should probably chill out a bit” would be very easy to give, and could reasonably be expected in a situation like this. I view Chevy as the kind of person who would be receptive to advice, too.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Coaching reads are hard because the scum team could easily avoid coaching for this very reason. I find that rather unlikely though, and I agree that Chevy is a bit too erratic atm. I've also seen this kind of erraticism from newer players very often (how many games has Chevy played? I haven't read any since Pen mafia X).

Addressing Min's earlier post about me, I see early proactiveness as being pretty townie in general, and SMS was the first person who stuck out to me as making an effort to read multiple people. I didn't play or even read classic video games mafia so I have no idea how anything in that game went.

Through my quick reread, Libk caught my eye as someone who was present during the RVS silliness but then disappeared once the game got serious. Same thing with Rubik actually. Both of them last posted more than 24 hours ago.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
@Morbid Minish My scumlean on you was because you were disagreeing with me on a couple of my reads, and whenever someone does that I scumlean them just out of a sense of automatic omgus I now realize I have. In the car RN, I'll have to update my list tonight or tomorrow morning.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Also I did some brief looking into what I mentioned earlier. Tristan's read of SMS felt interesting to me at the time, because SMS's post actually was reminding me of Classic Video games mafia for some reason. And I checked and it did kinda feel like as town SMS is more jokey at first, whereas as scum he seems more proactive early on. And that's what I was feeling here.
I think this should be taken case by case, I'll typically only RVS as long as RVS is going on, but once it's over I won't keep that up. This is just something I do that is NAI. Granted if I miss RVS completely for some reason, my first vote might be jokey, and that has happened a few times.

Anyway, if it seems like I'm actually putting effort in this game it's because I am, lol. Last game I didn't even cast one legit vote because I kept forgetting about EoD. I think if that repeats from me again I'll be very mad at myself.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Coaching reads are hard because the scum team could easily avoid coaching for this very reason. I find that rather unlikely though, and I agree that Chevy is a bit too erratic atm. I've also seen this kind of erraticism from newer players very often (how many games has Chevy played? I haven't read any since Pen mafia X).
While on the topic of coaching, I think I feel the same way: sometimes there are just some players that a scum team will let loose and not even try to coach. Giri for example, as scum I've seem him do some off the wall stuff and his scumbuds didn't seem to pull the reigns in on him (I'm thinking back to like last year when he was still a relatively new player). I think a well built scum team might recognize that given the player is new, they could probably get away with a lot more than an experienced player might.

This isn't to say that this is what could be going on with Chevy, he could just be experimenting as town, kind of like Kirino suggested.

Day 1 Vote Count 2

ExLight (3) (Kirino, Libk, Rag)
Mikey (2) (Johnny, Chevy)
Ragnarokio (2) (Rubik, Pen)
Rubik (1) (Minish)
Pen (1) (Mido)
Chevy (1) (Mikey)
Libk (1) (ExLight)

Not Voting

Mellow Ezlo, SMS

With 13 alive it takes 7 votes to reach a majority. The day will end on Friday, March 19th at 10pm MST.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom