• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Bok's Fantasy Book Mafia

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I'm a little upset we aren't taking my green names suggestion seriously. Those with names other than green are scary. So

VOTE: ExLight

No way that someone that used to be light can be any color at all now that they are not light. Not green = dead

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Additionally, Morbid Minish, Mido, and myself, are green names. Mido is a Kokiri, Minish is... well Minish, and I'm a typo of link who is also green. I'm unsure about anyone else. They're null

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
my goal this game is to avoid getting modkilled

Vote: Exlight

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
hunting scum sounds hard in a game without claims

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Chev's post just gives off newbie trying to get an early start to me. I don't think there's too much there to read into.
hunting scum sounds hard in a game without claims
This is my number 1 problem with claim heavy games because it essentially removes all deep thinking as you can simply solve an entire game based on poe in many cases. I feel like it kind of ruins the point.

This is coming from a native ZDer though, a site that has become known for its anti-claim culture in general.

Ragnarokio

wagonomics and player interaction is the way to go ig

we can still coordinate and ask stuff like who targeted who and conclude some stuff from those too

my understanding was this wasn't allowed

Chev's post just gives off newbie trying to get an early start to me. I don't think there's too much there to read into.

This is my number 1 problem with claim heavy games because it essentially removes all deep thinking as you can simply solve an entire game based on poe in many cases. I feel like it kind of ruins the point.

This is coming from a native ZDer though, a site that has become known for its anti-claim culture in general.

i feel like this generally isn't true. ZD in general seems to have trouble designing balanced games and so i can imagine it might be the case here sometimes. On most of the sites i've played on though games are designed so that they can't be solved mechanically and that reads are necessary. I've also never personally seen a forum mafia game where people don't engage in deep thinking and do things like wagon or tone analysis to try and determine people's alignment. I have seen those kinds of things eschewed in some chat mafia settings though, like epicmafia or town of salem, and I enjoy those games less because of it, so i see where you're coming from.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Your goal should be to hunt scum.

Vote: Ragnarokio

Also my name is green because my birthday is saint patrick's day.
Happy birthday as it were

This. A lot of older ZD games were very limited on soft and hard claims, so this is how it usually played out.

we can still coordinate and ask stuff like who targeted who and conclude some stuff from those too
Coordinating is still limited though. You can ask for a role to do something, but there is no way to get feedback.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I don't think Chevy's post on wanting to vote me, if Mikey flips town, is inherently scummy, though I think it didn't come across the way they wanted. Not gonna give Chevy town pants for something like that though, since it's pretty nia.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard

I would tread carefully when it comes to claiming. Saying who you targeted is probably pushing the limits (the rules say the limit is essentially "I have reason to believe this person is town"). Which, actually, sounds like it would be fairly easy to fake especially for scum because there are countless roles that could fit that bill.

Kirino

Tatakae
I’m used to playing games in which claiming is restricted (even if I’m unsure about banning it entirely), so I don’t view it as so much of an obstacle. Player interaction and alignment flips provide a lot to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom