• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Mafia: The Gathering II - Gods of Kaldheim Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
this ought to mean kale is confirmed town, right?
kale would know to vote for giri here and trigger a hammer, I think?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Sup folks, day's been over for 14 horus. Unfortunately I had a deadline at work today and didn't get home til late. Been a long day but I just remembered I need to do this, so I'll get the update out.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
VOTE COUNT
Ban (2): Jinjo, Sun
No Lynch (1): Kale

Hearing a roar deeper in the cave, the remaining hunters ran headlong deeper. They had lost many friends, family members and loved ones to this fight, and they would not let them have died in vain.
As they kept going, though, Sun Fan noticed something out of the corner of his eye.... Ban was slowly inching closer and closer to Kaleficent. In his hand he noticed the torchlight reflect off a metal object in Ban's hand - a knife. His eyes widening in realization, he tackled the assailant just as Ban lunged at his target. He had before recognized Ban as a familiar face, but now he saw this so-called "god of lies" for who he truly was. With a yell and the helpof his own magical abilities, Sun Fan laid Ban to rest.

Ban has died! They were Tibalt, the Godfather

Breathing heavily, Esika, God of the World Tree, stood up, "I believe we have found the traitor in our midst"
Halvar, God of Battle walked over and gave a curt nod of thanks, still shocked that Tibalt had nearly snuck up on him, "I thank you for your keen eyes, dear Esika. Without them, we may have both been lost."
That was when they noticed that they felt.... alone in the cave. Ever since Tibalt had died, things seemed oddly quiet. The thrashing and roars of the beast had ceased, and Jinjo had disappeared.

Vorinclex, the Voice of Hunger, had already left the cave. With those blasted planeswalkers out of the way, there were none left on Kaldheim who even knew what he was. There was no one else who would be able to stop him. Tibalt had served as a fine distraction, but his usefulness had passed. The walkers were gone and the gods were decimated. This place disgusted him. Intelligence. Nature. Free thought. Fairness. All these things and more stood against the goal of the Phyrexians. The process of compleating this plain could finally begin.... and Kaldheim would fall to Phyrexia.

Jinjo has won the game! They were Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, the Compleationist

CAST OF CHARACTERS:
  1. @Mikey the Moblin - Narfi, Betrayer King, a Mafia Goon
  2. @Rubik - Niko Aris, a Planeswalker and Town Jailkeeper
  3. @Morbid Minish - Birgi, God of Boasting and a Vanilla Townie
  4. @Chevywolf30 - Tyvar Kell, a native Planeswalker and the Town Jack of All Trades
  5. @ExLight - Toralf, God of Fury and a Vanilla Townie
  6. @Jinjo - Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, the Compleatonist
  7. @Kaleficent - Halvar, God of Battle and a Vanilla Townie
  8. @Ban - Tibalt, a Planeswalker and the Mafia Godfather
  9. @Reki - Jorn, God of Winter and a Vanilla Townie
  10. @The Sun Fan - Esika, God of the World Tree and a Vanilla Townie
  11. @Spiritual Mask Salesman - Kaya the Ghost-Assasain, a Planeswalker and the Town Flavor Cop
  12. @Kirino - Alrund, God of Wisdom and a Vanilla Townie
  13. @naga10 - Cosima, God of the Sea and a Vanilla Townie

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
did you hint your PR at any point? it was kinda lucky of them hitting you so early on
No that was something I realized after the fact, I hadn't softed. I probably woulda just asked you "what would I see if I rolecopped you?" because you were sussing me and I wanted to know if it was just bc of my slip.

Congrats Jinjo! You were great, never thought it could be you.

Also the competing wincons in the setup were pretty interesting, didn't think it could get that crazy. Hats off to the gamerunners for that and the flavor.

Fun game folks, thanks for having me.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I feel like my main complaint was Giri and Jinjo both controlling the kill and being in the same chat. There was never a risk of them hitting non-town and that just allowed town’s numbers to go down insanely fast (lmao I see now why yall thought Korra 4’s scum was too strong).

Role madness or a larger amount of players would’ve helped balance the game a bit. Or maybe turned their kills into Odd/Even while the other party was still alive.

In any case thanks for hosting Deku (and Libk), it was fun. Could’ve had a bit more of care with the Phases update but eh.

In the mafia chat Giri asked me if I am multiball with ExLight and I thought that was a slip Giri made and this is why I killed ExLight at night. I also did an iso of ExLight and there were some weird posts ExLight made that also made me think he was working together with Giri. ExLight flipping town really surprised me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom