• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Pokemon Presents

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Speaking as someone whose favorite gen was 4 and Pearl being one of my favorite entries in the series, Sinnoh remakes are disappointing but not for the reason I expected it to be. The return to chibi models was not necessarily the last thing I wanted to see, but its definitely down there. Going back to them feels like a massive downgrade. I'm honestly not certain if I would have preferred this or if they just copied SwSh's models 1:1. And I'm afraid to ask if all the pokemon are in it or not. Either way, I'm skipping them, and I'm bitter that I have to feel that way about my favorite gen.

Legends, on the other hand.... looks promising. Why does a side thing look more like what new gen pokemon should be than SwSh ever did? I guess it's still too soon to tell, mechanically speaking. Already not a big fan of some of the Let's Go aspects I saw like catching pokemon without battling them. But like I said, too soon to be sure. The openness and the player maneuverability look like they have potential to make exploration more than walking down a set path, which is what I've always wanted to see. I'll keep my eye on it.

Assuming Legends doesn't disappoint me, I honestly will have a hard time choosing between Cyndaquil and Rowlett. I'm actually genuinely surprised to see two of my all time favorite starters as choices. So that makes me happy.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Uh, no, Legends is a premake of gen 4, it's not gen 9.
The word you're looking for is prequel :p
Jokes aside you cant deny the legends series will be a lot more impressive than pokemon has ever been in the past. I would be okay with them cancelling development of new mainline games if we got a new legends game every 3-5 years

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The word you're looking for is prequel :p
Jokes aside you cant deny the legends series will be a lot more impressive than pokemon has ever been in the past. I would be okay with them cancelling development of new mainline games if we got a new legends game every 3-5 years
Oh no I definitely agree with you there. My main point was it's not a mainline pokemon game, which is what I thought you were saying.

Here's the video to watch it

New Pokemon Snap - April 30
Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl - 2021
Pokemon Legends Arceus - 2022

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Alright, so from what we've seen so far, snap is going to tide people over until the remakes come out for the people who are into snap. I'm not personally

The remakes themselves look very safe in execution so far and in a lot of ways seem like downgrades from modern pokemon. I definitely need to see more about them before deciding whether or not I buy it- the main make or break factor for me is whether contests and underground have online capacity so that I can play with my sister and brother in law. Otherwise things like the lack of overworld encounters and the chibi overworld style are kind of turning me off from the games not to mention the apparent exact 1:1 to the originals, so I might pass on these pending more info? These games really didnt need remakes I can just play platinum on my 3ds

Legends is so enticing. It looks really rough performance wise and I really doubt it'll get shipped out a year from now but I'm always buying it and I don't see any way I couldn't enjoy it, the gameplay looks great and the quality of things like animations is so high. Hopefully they can get the fps up to snuff by next year, the fps drops in botw were pretty annoying and that was only in high traffic areas

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
image0.png

This is for Legends. ATB battle system is literally the one way I can think of them ruining Pokemon gameplay besides Let's Go and its that. Of ****ing course it is. I can't have anything nice. I am far less optimistic now.

The rest of that is promising, but ATB is ****ing awful. Why do companies keep trying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom