• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Mafia: The Gathering II - Gods of Kaldheim Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Laughs in "I'm not convinced SMS is actually Cop", though the point about protection is interesting. With that said, do you typically know you've been jailed, because that's a piece of info that is curiously missing.
No, one’d just usually be informed that they were blocked (and sometimes only if you had a real action), although the way Rubik worded it was pretty clear that it was either an investigative or disruptive role.
Jailers are more common that Town Roleblockers in small setups here, so it kinda makes sense for them to assume that’s a thing. And even if they interpreted as something like Tracker that’s prolly something they would want to get rid as soon as the Cop at best.

I would also like to say, if we do lynch SMS and he flips red, and if in the night Sun flips green, if I survive the night, I'm coming for you, Ex.

No, one’d just usually be informed that they were blocked (and sometimes only if you had a real action), although the way Rubik worded it was pretty clear that it was either an investigative or disruptive role.
Jailers are more common that Town Roleblockers in small setups here, so it kinda makes sense for them to assume that’s a thing. And even if they interpreted as something like Tracker that’s prolly something they would want to get rid as soon as the Cop at best.
I read it as more of an investigative role, but if it was more of a disruptor, that would change things.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I would also like to say, if we do lynch SMS and he flips red, and if in the night Sun flips green, if I survive the night, I'm coming for you, Ex.
I’m Town and I’ll defend myself accordingly if you do. That being said, lynching a cop claim sounds nonsensical and scum will nightkill them for us if it’s legit (and if they don’t we get more night to possibly catch scum).

I’m Town and I’ll defend myself accordingly if you do. That being said, lynching a cop claim sounds nonsensical and scum will nightkill them for us if it’s legit (and if they don’t we get more night to possibly catch scum).
That is assuming 1) this setup has a Town Cop and 2) scum aren't capitalizing on that assumption.

I really, really don't like the assumption that there is a Town Cop, and SMS does not read to me as a Town Cop.

What makes you so sure about that?

I for one am quite certain we have a Vig killing off sus players who were unfortunately Town and not scum. But hey, fewer chances to mislynch later in the game! Right?

both n1 shots are really bad vig shots
I won't rule out the possibility but Kirino is absurdly random and would've been much better on someone who had said much less, and Chevy was the towniest person in the thread (yes, this is only my opinion but if you're vig and shot chevy, I'd advise you to reconsider how you choose people for your targets)

Kale, you're more than welcome to go on talking about how you don't think there's a Town Cop
I don't think you're making any headway

its really more of a problem for tomorrow; worst case scenario there's 2 scum + 1 serial killer alive right now.
Why try and lynch a cop today? If he's real, scum are incentivized to kill him, and if he isn't, we can make that decision tomorrow rather than today.

Within the remainder (this is assuming SMS is not town) there are one, and maybe even two people we'd rather kill. Why not go for that?

its really more of a problem for tomorrow; worst case scenario there's 2 scum + 1 serial killer alive right now.
Why try and lynch a cop today? If he's real, scum are incentivized to kill him, and if he isn't, we can make that decision tomorrow rather than today.

Within the remainder (this is assuming SMS is not town) there are one, and maybe even two people we'd rather kill. Why not go for that?
I was waiting for someone else to point it out.

Unfortunately, the someone else at the top of the list is you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom