• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Mafia: The Gathering II - Gods of Kaldheim Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went back and re-read the low-posters to get a better impression on them.

Quiet Jinjo is a bit low on content, but seems worried to be tricked by ExLight once again and doesn't give them credit for the vote changing.

The observation about SMS and Mikey's voting is good imo. The former I need to check later in this post, but the latter tracks with their unwillingness to pressure-vote another player they thought was lying, as pointed out earlier.

Btw Jinjo, why didn't you vote D1? Can kinda guess here, but would you mind explaining a bit?

And given your worries about ExLight, guessing you'd be interested in talking/pushing the slot?

The meta seems to track, but there's little to base a read on so far so whatever.

Yellow Spiritual Mask Salesman has the random vote at the start Jinjo talked about - which looks bad, agreed - and questions ExLight about freaking out for a couple votes.

Thing is, SMS doesn't suspect Ex D1, and wants to protect them D2. Which... isn't really explained further? The RC accusation may be justified - and there's some lovely back-and-forth - but the D1 precedent means either a genuine read or role stuff - and a couple things could fit in that case -.

Later on we see some talk about the game being flavor-solvable, and that's it.

Don't really get the "aggressive" vibes Ex talked about, to be honest. The ISO doesn't look good, but there's little to no aggression and a more low-key approach imo. Not a strong suspect but someone to keep an eye on for sure; it could drop on the list pretty fast, depending.

Who would you like to look into next, SMS?

Avatar-changing Giri has a bit more to read into. Another seemingly joke-vote on ExLight, suspicion on Rubik for their vote ("Is this a pressure vote? Or do you have an explanation?"). Then spotting SMS's kinda contradction about Ex. But they don't have an active vote by day's end, still waiting to hear about that :p

Starts D2 with a town-read on ExLight due to the whole Minish thing, trusting their reactions to be genuine. I'm not so sure about that - seems like it could be faked, and Jinjo pointed out at a precedent - but then Giri explains Ex could be the one responsible for the second kill. Hmmm.

Sun is their strongest suspect, seemingly for being very vocal, and there's some prodding of Rubik for they low-key approach and an assumption.

There's some exchange with ExLight about their reads, which is reasonable considering their trust on Ex.

While I don't agree with some of the arguments presented - mainly for Ex's and Sun's reads - there's towny-looking progression in the Rubik suspicion, even if it started a bit omgusy.

All in all Giri looks a bit better than last phase - that no vote! -, here's hoping they maintain the activity.

Occasional naga10 calls out Rubik vote on Giri, same as the above player. Dunno if anything meaningful could be read from that that wouldn't heavily rely on speculation, but fun to note.

Then says Ex is "probably" evil - but meta would seem to indicate otherwise, still waiting on your explanation of that, if you don't mind - and talks with Sunfan and Chevy about SKs and why would they bring that up. That continued into D2, when they expressed they still would like to hear an explanation about it. On re-read it seems like genuine worry.

The sticking point about the ISO is the willing choice to no-lunch, though. Don't like it one bit.

But then there's more content come D2, pointing fingers at a Rubik/Sun exchange. While I mostly like the take and think it makes sense, the kinda weird bit is that the two suspects are the same Giri has. These two really are on the same page.

Agrees with Jinjo and states that the Minish vote looked generally sus, but only one of three votes would be likely to be from a mafiosi in their opinion. This is indirect shade for Mikey, still waiting on them to expand a bit more here.

The later Vig talk makes sense, too.

Overall I like naga10 more than last phase considering the content, same as Giri. Wouldn't see myself voting for any of them so far.

If I had to rank these four from more towny-looking to less, it'd be something like Giri/naga10->Jinjo->Spiritual Mask Salesman to me.

@Reki

a bit unrelated to the game but @funnier6 asked me to tell you he’s single atm

You mess with me :(

I'm here only for the murdering tho :p

I'm convinced that since you used must, you've either town read Ex or you know something from n1. Which one is it?

Oh, wow.

Gonna have to ask, how is blatant rolefishing handled here?

We usually lynch those, but honestly I think Giri would probably be coached if he was scum. I can see this going both ways honestly.

Funny you answered given that I've been thinking about your execution. Don't even suspect you but there're so many connections with folks talking/voting/defending you that it could give us quite a bit of info.

Would you be up for it?

(Just in case: jk)

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Funny you answered given that I've been thinking about your execution. Don't even suspect you but there're so many connections with folks talking/voting/defending you that it could give us quite a bit of info.

Would you be up for it?

(Just in case: jk)
Lol, I was actually trying to get lynched D1 but for some reason it didn’t work.

so I actually wouldn’t mind except for one thing: I have never been mislynched outside of D1, and it’s something I’m kinda proud of, so I’d put up a fight against that, lol. Just assume I’m town when analyzing them.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Jinjo usually reacts strongly to pressure, so if at some point you end up needing her to be more active or her alignment is a keypoint you can place a few votes on her and see what happens.

I’m a bit on the fence about SMS. I feel like his plays are ambiguous, but I’m slightly more inclined to Townlean because I can think of two posts he made that apparently contradict each other but if he fell for something I said it actually makes sense.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Ok I went back and I see what the deal is. Idk what to think of it atm, idk if Rubik would do something like this as scum.

Anyway, I dislike the votes on Minish from yesterday so that leaves Sun in a really weird spot for me atm and I need to ISO him, Mikey is in the same boat.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Rubik’s soft is really generic, and hard to discuss. I’m going to treat it as NAI. I don’t think he’s lying about it, though, which eases my mind about Sun being a Serial Killer or the Scum carrying the kill (so unlikely to have a modifier).

Why are you fishing, maybe I just town read him
How much are you townreading me in a 1-100 scale? Bad answer will result in me tunneling you :suspicious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom