• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Mafia: The Gathering II - Gods of Kaldheim Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would it be best? Now we know the alternative, Giri, was town too.

Welp I can't read, my bad, sorry. Too many "i"s between Giri and Kirino, though :p

Sun was the one to bring up SK out of nowhere, and since there were two kills N1, that means there is at least one other killing role.

Oh you're right, gonna check this later.

basically accused me of playing up that I'm a newb even though I never did so after trying to bond over being new to these forums.

Your whole ISO up until that point;

I'm so confused now. Is there a hidden rule here? Does it mean the first six rules don't apply if you live in the state of Maryland?

As someone who presently lives in that specific state, I'd like to know what's going on here. Halp.
I think so too, but since this is my first game here, I figure better safe than sorry, because you know what they say about assumptions...
I know what you are, but what am I? :eyes:
Sounds like a challenge.

Vote: Chevywolf
So you say, and yet, my vote shall stay. For now.
*just spent the last idek how long looking for how to access thread bookmarks*

*finally found the bookmarks, only to realize they're not on a per-thread basis*

*prepares the spreadsheet*

So, yeah, jokes, a vote, and a lot of "I'm new" talk.

It's interesting that you bring that up though, since I didn't push you further for it. Is that the only reason you suspect me?

(Btw hope you get better soon!)

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
You said all good town players are scum, and I know you consider yourself a good town player. I know you were trying to brush it off as a joke, but I do think it’s the kind of comment you’d make as scum.

Naga is purely gut feeling, my weakest scumlean.

Any specific one?
I said all the good town players are scum because I didn't feel like any of them were trying.

I might be good at identifying the scum team as town, but that doesn't mean I'm necessarily a good town player. An inability to get people lynched is pretty damning.

-

Because he seems to be getting traction, I should probably reveal this much:

It's mechanically unlikely Sun killed anyone last night.

So, yeah, jokes, a vote, and a lot of "I'm new" talk.

It's interesting that you bring that up though, since I didn't push you further for it. Is that the only reason you suspect me?

(Btw hope you get better soon!)
1) It was D1. There's nothing to work with on D1 without context, which I would not have because I am new to playing mafia on these forums. Note the "first game here", which is very different from saying just "first game".
2) Why would a player new to mafia, much less forum mafia, be looking to use thread bookmarks to track posts? Or use a spreadsheet? Those are not the actions of a player new to forum mafia.

I'm less suspicious of the fact you pushed me to begin with than how you pushed in a way that subtly undermines my towncred on D1 in a way that could easily lead to a mislynch of me later in the game.

There's suspicion, then there's undermining, and the only people in the game with enough knowledge to undermine D1 are not town.

I still want to see his defense of where he got SK from. It's a very specific role to focus on.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
At the time SMS I found his somewhat cold and focused behavior to be more similar to his scum meta. I’m on the fence about him, and I could probably swap naga for him on my scumreads depending on how toDay goes.
This is a stretch I only have like 2 posts from last phase. I'm not mad tho, you're good to my knowledge Ex, we must protecc u bb.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I'm sick. All I want to do is sleep.
have a great recovery and come back to kick some ass here willya

This is a stretch I only have like 2 posts from last phase. I'm not mad tho, you're good to my knowledge Ex, we must protecc u bb.
sounds like you rolecopped me :glare:

Vote: SMS

I said all the good town players are scum because I didn't feel like any of them were trying.

I might be good at identifying the scum team as town, but that doesn't mean I'm necessarily a good town player. An inability to get people lynched is pretty damning.

-

hmm, gotchya
well this messes my reads a bit

This kinda tracks with one of their last comments, yeah.
I reread them and didn’t catch anything, can you show me which one?

Now that's interesting. Hmm.

1) It was D1. There's nothing to work with on D1 without context, which I would not have because I am new to playing mafia on these forums. Note the "first game here", which is very different from saying just "first game".

Agreed.

But it works both ways; there's no context I can lean on either, so the question was to be sure and gauge your experience, kinda similar to what I asked other folks.

2) Why would a player new to mafia, much less forum mafia, be looking to use thread bookmarks to track posts? Or use a spreadsheet? Those are not the actions of a player new to forum mafia.

You're right, that's not what a total newbie does. But I'm not sure what we're arguing here? You answered you've played before and that's it, I'm not gonna tell you the opposite.

I'm less suspicious of the fact you pushed me to begin with than how you pushed in a way that subtly undermines my towncred on D1 in a way that could easily lead to a mislynch of me later in the game.

There's suspicion, then there's undermining, and the only people in the game with enough knowledge to undermine D1 are not town.

This point I get, though.

What caught my attention was that half your posts until that point were about side-stuff. Thought it may be just likeable posting that you can't really disagree with. Which is a common evil tactic.

But it was D1, I wasn't sure and it wasn't enough to case, so it was left as a mention. Seemingly you'd feel better if it was a direct, strong push instead, but that was unlikely to happen from my slot.

The awkward thing now is that you say I was undermining for future use, and reading your reaction to a small comment now it seems like a bit... much? Like, why would you dedicate that much time to it. Haven't voted/suspected/cased you, there's no immediate danger, so this is surprising.

I reread them and didn’t catch anything, can you show me which one?

Got Giri and Kirino mixed up, but it was this one;

Looking at it now, I think it might just be ExLight being ExLight. I'm more interested in Giri now anyway.

What caught my attention was that half your posts until that point were about side-stuff. Thought it may be just likeable posting that you can't really disagree with. Which is a common evil tactic.

But it was D1, I wasn't sure and it wasn't enough to case, so it was left as a mention. Seemingly you'd feel better if it was a direct, strong push instead, but that was unlikely to happen from my slot.

The awkward thing now is that you say I was undermining for future use, and reading your reaction to a small comment now it seems like a bit... much? Like, why would you dedicate that much time to it. Haven't voted/suspected/cased you, there's no immediate danger, so this is surprising.
You're the only one who's directly interacted with me in this way so far, and of course I'm going to defend myself as hard as possible, especially this early in the game. Especially since I don't have enough info to strongly sus anyone, much less push a lynch, at this point.

Reactions can be pretty telling, after all.

do you (Kale and Reki) need any sort of context or meta on any people here since it’s your first time playing here?
I think I'll be fine. I'm pretty good at figuring things out based off in-thread context. It's just a matter of getting enough. Meta is an added bonus I'm happy to exploit when I have knowledge of it, but I'm not about to backread all the games everyone in this game participated in.

Though, speaking of meta, do I get a pinkie promise that you're town? :3

im not caught up and I have some schoolwork to do
the soonest I can get caught up with the game is tonight, I'll try my hardest to be ready for things then

my one take is that the list lists the dead players as "exiled" maybe there's a way they all come back to life?
I really hope not but there's a way to get exiled things back right?
my magic inexperience is definitely showing with this question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom