• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Some SSB house rules

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Just thought I'd put these out here! Me and my siblings use these whenever we play Smash Brawl (the only version we have)
You can't use the same character twice in a row.
You can't use the character that just won.
Link and Toon Link are the same character.
When we have 3 players and a CPU, the winner picks the CPU's character.
Loser picks map.

no items and we take turns picking stages are probably the only things, the no items one annoys me b/c I'm the only one out of ALL my friends who likes to play w/ items

Tbf I hadn't played smash in forever when I bought Ultimate. I hate a fair amount of the items that are new to me. Then after I knew what they were and played with a friend, he didn't enjoy the game much with items on either. Whenever we played together in Brawl we'd basically turn off half the items anyway.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Tbf I hadn't played smash in forever when I bought Ultimate. I hate a fair amount of the items that are new to me. Then after I knew what they were and played with a friend, he didn't enjoy the game much with items on either. Whenever we played together in Brawl we'd basically turn off half the items anyway.
Yeah, Brawl's what I play and most of the items are an automatic off every time. Some are always on, and some we cycle thru.

D

Deleted member 91332

My brother usually pleads for "no OP characters"
OP characters happen to be whatever character I want to use at the moment.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I'm with @twilitfalchion on this.

1. No items.
2. Stocks only (number doesn't matter).
3. No final smashes.
4. Only legal stages, those usually being Battlefield or Omega stages.

In terms of character picks, I really don't care on the character picks. People should use the characters they like, and have fun playing.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I agree on no items, but it's not a hill I'd die on. I don't mind them, but I don't need them either. I disagree on the final smashes tho. Those are just as much as a part kd a characters moveset as anything. I'm also fine with assist trophies.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I agree on no items, but it's not a hill I'd die on. I don't mind them, but I don't need them either. I disagree on the final smashes tho. Those are just as much as a part kd a characters moveset as anything. I'm also fine with assist trophies.
yeah I feel like they added the bars to characters to introduce final smashes to competitive play but then competitive play went and turned them off

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
I like items. I just don't use them. Recently I've come to the realization that Level 3 CPU isn't actually that powerful, so I've since made my default CPU level 7 so I can do some training. One day, I'll be ready for Level 9. I already am, with some characters, I just wanna git gud with all the top tiers.

Quin

Disaster Master
yeah I feel like they added the bars to characters to introduce final smashes to competitive play but then competitive play went and turned them off
To be fair, the FS meter is ass and totally unbalanced too, way more so than the smash ball, and this is coming from the most "casual" smash player here probably. I never turn it on.

I play stock, all stages with hazards on, and all items on med. Thats how I feel the game is meant to be played and I have the most fun this way. I actually play better with items too, but part of it is probably too because so many people have no idea how to use them. Kinda getting bored and tired of so many people online turning off so many elements of the game. I can play the tourney*** way for like half an hour or something before I'm done playing. Kinda dropped playing online with randoms because of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom