• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hopes for Zelda in 2021

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
We only have hours left on this News Year's Eve, soon we'll be kicking off 2021 and whatever it brings. This year we got Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, which isn't a standard Zelda game anyway and was probably more of take what we can get game rather than a game that we wanted (BotW 2).

So, in the New Year what do you hope to see from the series? We all probably want to get our hands on BotW 2, but if we got anything else what would you like to see? Maybe you'd like to see a particular game or games ported or remade?

I think I'd be content if 2021 expanded the selection of games on Switch Online, at least giving us GameBoy and Nintendo 64 games alongside all the Zelda games that those systems offered.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Only thing I'm expecting in regards of Zelda is BotW 2 (which I both think and hope will have it's own title, it's not like we refer to MM as OoT 2)

BotW2, not that I'm hyped for it. But once it's out we'll see if Aonuma is going to keep making BotW sequels or something new.

I'd like Wind Waker and TP on Switch, though I don't really care at this point since my controller would probably get drift.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
The TP and WW Wii U ports brought to Switch would be nice. If not that, then at least a GC NSO selection so I can play them portably.

BotW2. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave it an announcement and release date not long before it releases like they did with AoC. I'm not expecting it, but it wouldn't surprise me either.

I think there's some merit to the SSHD rumors, so I expect that to hit at some point in the year. I'd buy it, especially if they fix the controls.

A bit of a wild card would be ports of the 3DS remakes of OoT and MM. I want those on Switch. I just doubt they'll ever release.

I'll be content with TWW HD, TP HD, and BotW2 all releasing on Switch in 2021. But I would love for Nintendo to be a little more ambitious and also release OoT, MM, and SS on Switch. I think we might get Skyward Sword for its 10th anniversary as was the case with the HD remakes of The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the two N64 Zeldas as well.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I think the game I most want ported is Skyward Sword- it's the 10 year anniversary of the game, it was released on Wii which only had 480p (and still managed to look gorgeous, might I add), and the Joycons make SS' motion controls a shoo-in for a HD remake.
If Nintendo would be so kind as to put Skyward Sword, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess HD all together in the same game for $60, why, that would be even more impressive. Actually, I think I would prefer OOT HD to TP HD, but TP HD is a lot less work presumably.
GBA virtual console with minish cap, FS, and FSA would be dope, allowing people to play the multiplayer as intended

obviously botw2 is announced to be released next year, and given precedent with skyward sword should have some sort of special edition release to celebrate

"Zelda 35" rofl

I don't like Zelda 2 but I will support rubik in the quest to bring back horsehead

I never got the chance to play WW/TP HD so if those could come to Switch that would be great. Though I am a little worried if they end up doing a compilation thing for the anniversary when you consider how Mario 3D All Stars turned out. Limited release, full price, next to no improvements or options for the games. It's a scary thought.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I don't care about ports so the only thing I'm actually hoping for besides botw2 is a new sprite-based 2d zelda

although I really don't think that's going to happen, botw2 is where all the attention is going to be at, but someday I'd like to see one

edit: hey, wasn't there gonna be a zelda mobile game? maybe we'll see that this year

Last edited:

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I don't care about ports so the only thing I'm actually hoping for besides botw2 is a new sprite-based 2d zelda

although I really don't think that's going to happen, botw2 is where all the attention is going to be at, but someday I'd like to see one

edit: hey, wasn't there gonna be a zelda mobile game? maybe we'll see that this year
the odds of another 2D zelda are about the same as:
1) The odds of an older 2D game (such as minish cap) getting a remake in the same vein as Link's Awakening
2) The odds of nintendo handing a license over to an indie company to make a spinoff (like crypt of the necrodancer)

only the latter would be sprite based, probably

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
the odds of another 2D zelda are about the same as:
1) The odds of an older 2D game (such as minish cap) getting a remake in the same vein as Link's Awakening
2) The odds of nintendo handing a license over to an indie company to make a spinoff (like crypt of the necrodancer)

only the latter would be sprite based, probably
we're gonna get an original overhead zelda game again at some point, no doubts there, but yeah I don't think nintendo would make it sprite based and they'd just rather do the 3d overhead thing again like w/ every game since phantom hourglass, another studio would be more willing to try to make it 2d over nintendo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom