• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors The official AoC help thread

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Now that the game is officially out a lot of people are going to play it (I assume of course ;) ). If you're stuck in the game and need help you can ask it here. There'll be many people helping you out.
The purpose of this thread:
-To ask for help if you're stuck in the game or having troubles with the controls, sound etc.
- Of course helping out those who ask for help in this thread.

Don't use this thread to:
- Complain about the story, characters or game in general.
- Post theories about the game.

Be patient when you ask for help. Just give it some time when you don't get an answer right away :)

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I think we should all agree to spoiler tag when necessary :)

I'm dead stuck on

Revali. His second phase when he whips out bomb arrows always wipes me out completely!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hahaha yep not a bad idea ;)

Possible answer
Watch his moves. He shoots and circles around. Try to freeze him or bomb him. This will bring him down long enough for you to do harm. You can also try to do a wall jump so you're up in the air. Took me a bit too to defeat him. You'll get him. I know it :)

Now that the game is officially out a lot of people are going to play it (I assume of course ;) ). If you're stuck in the game and need help you can ask it here. There'll be many people helping you out.
The purpose of this thread:
-To ask for help if you're stuck in the game or having troubles with the controls, sound etc.
- Of course helping out those who ask for help in this thread.

Don't use this thread to:
- Complain about the story, characters or game in general.
- Post theories about the game.

Be patient when you ask for help. Just give it some time when you don't get an answer right away :)
How do I access the main map and how do I save a game? Just cleared a level and had to do it again after I closed the game.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
How do I access the main map and how do I save a game? Just cleared a level and had to do it again after I closed the game.
This should happen automatically. After each chapter or mission on the map you should see a sword symbol in the bottom right corner. This indicates your game is being saved. The same with the map. That becomes available after the first Sheikah tower is restored. This will take you into the map where all mission and sidequests you've unlocked so far are shown.
Maybe you closed the game too early? If your game won't save you can do it manually by pressing the - button on your switch. This takes you into the system settings and allows you to save your progress.
Make sure you finish a chapter or mission completely. When you can't move your weapon after a mission/chapter is cleared it means you completely finished that chapter/mission

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I just got a Royal Guards Claymore with a yellow-circled seal. Is it safe and/or a good idea to merge another weapon with a yellow seal? I’ll end up having 2 circular seals.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I just got a Royal Guards Claymore with a yellow-circled seal. Is it safe and/or a good idea to merge another weapon with a yellow seal? I’ll end up having 2 circular seals.
Personally, I don't pay much attention to the type of seals when I fuse weapons. I just put whatever skills I find useful for that character's moveset on their weapons. However, similar seals boost each others' stats, I believe, so you have that going for consistency. You can always see a preview of how it will turn out before you fuse, too.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Personally, I don't pay much attention to the type of seals when I fuse weapons. I just put whatever skills I find useful for that character's moveset on their weapons. However, similar seals boost each others' stats, I believe, so you have that going for consistency. You can always see a preview of how it will turn out before you fuse, too.
Ok, thanks. Is it worth putting the valuable seals into this one weapon? I’m not sure if I can get both of them back or if I’ll get a better weapon later on.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
You eventually unlock the ability to remove seals, so you can take advantage of that to get a seal from one weapon on another. However, you can’t directly transfer, so you’ll only get to keep one.

To explain better, you could remove an undesirable seal from the new weapon to make room for a seal from the old one. The first seal on the list will be the only one carried over. If the first seal isn’t the one you want to keep, you can remove that too so the one you want is on top, and then merge.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
You eventually unlock the ability to remove seals, so you can take advantage of that to get a seal from one weapon on another. However, you can’t directly transfer, so you’ll only get to keep one.

To explain better, you could remove an undesirable seal from the new weapon to make room for a seal from the old one. The first seal on the list will be the only one carried over. If the first seal isn’t the one you want to keep, you can remove that too so the one you want is on top, and then merge.
Ok. Is the Royal Guards Claymore the highest damage claymore in the game, like in BOTW? I don’t want to look it up for risk of spoilers.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Ok. Is the Royal Guards Claymore the highest damage claymore in the game, like in BOTW? I don’t want to look it up for risk of spoilers.
Generally, there is a tier to how strong certain weapons can get, but no, it isn’t necessarily the only choice for a good two hander. My strongest two handed is an edge of duality that had a base attack of 70. It’s all about the base attack a weapon has when you find one. The higher, the better. You’re not gonna find stuff like that until postgame so my advice is to use the best you get when you get it and save the fodder weapons with good skills for postgame weapon hunting.

Can anybody give me tips on the level Invading Terrors (where Mipha needs to beat 17 guardians in a short period of time). I have tried it many many times but cannot beat it. I run out of time by the time I get to the last two guardians. The guardians are just so far apart. I'm at level 92 with Mipha and still can't do it. Please help! :)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Can anybody give me tips on the level Invading Terrors (where Mipha needs to beat 17 guardians in a short period of time). I have tried it many many times but cannot beat it. I run out of time by the time I get to the last two guardians. The guardians are just so far apart. I'm at level 92 with Mipha and still can't do it. Please help! :)
Mipha is one of the best guardian slayers if you use her right. Her character action that teleports her puts her in midair, which is exactly at eye level for guardians, so that’s free eye shots for weak point damage and staggers. Combine that with stasis to freeze the weak point gauge in place and dodge cancel out of her spear stance so you can freely attack during the stasis. You can shred through gauges like that. Also using magic rods liberally is useful for this, too. There’s a lot of water on that map, so luring guardians into it and using ice and lightning rods is the way to go. Try and save special attacks for the harder ones, cuz that’s also a stagger that you can use to stasis a weak point gauge on top of the damage it deals. Eat meals for movement speed and special charge rate and perfect dodge timing window, and you should be well equipped to deal with it.

A
Mipha is one of the best guardian slayers if you use her right. Her character action that teleports her puts her in midair, which is exactly at eye level for guardians, so that’s free eye shots for weak point damage and staggers. Combine that with stasis to freeze the weak point gauge in place and dodge cancel out of her spear stance so you can freely attack during the stasis. You can shred through gauges like that. Also using magic rods liberally is useful for this, too. There’s a lot of water on that map, so luring guardians into it and using ice and lightning rods is the way to go. Try and save special attacks for the harder ones, cuz that’s also a stagger that you can use to stasis a weak point gauge on top of the damage it deals. Eat meals for movement speed and special charge rate and perfect dodge timing window, and you should be well equipped to deal with it.
Awesome, thank you! I guess I need some more practice with Mipha. I need this level to get the last three Terrako components. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom