• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Fav Champion to play?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
So who's your fav champion to play so far? I only have played as Revali and I actually like his gameplay. I don't have unlocked the others yet so I can't say who's my fav playable champion. I don't like his attitude but Revali's fighting style is pretty good. so what about yours?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Mipha is my favorite. Instant main. Her spear gameplay is extremely fast and fluid (haha water pun) and so satisfying to watch her twirl and shred through enemies. Her water stuff that has lingering damage zones is really fun to play with, and basically teleporting around through the water is super cool. I've used that to slip through enemy attacks a lot. She was always my favorite Champion, but I think she's easily my favorite playable character right now.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh I really LOVE Mipha! She's not only cute as hell but the girl is dope!! If only Ruto was like her when it comes to gameplay I would have used her more in HW. I like how you can use the waterfountains and surprise the enemies. I also love Urbosa and Revali. When it comes to gameplay Daruk is my least fav for now. But his character and positive attitude makes him very likeable though. Mipha is my fav champion to play

Robbie fan club
So far I'm loving Revali and Urbosa, think I prefer Urbosa just a lil more. Her lightning is sooooo satisfying to use.
Daruk and Mipha haven't quite clicked yet, but they're still loads of fun every now and then

Definitely Mipha, she's extremely fast, has lingering wide water attacks that can pound away at the enemies' weak point gauges, her teleportation's a neat little trick if you get ambushed, her special heals, and it helps she's my favorite of the four Champions to begin with.

Impa's pretty great too.

I feel like I can't answer this yet since I haven't taken the time to get a firm grasp on all of them, so here is my temporary answer. So far I like Urbosa best. Daruk is growing on me after at level 16 I beat the tar out of a bunch of Black Moblins easily, in a mission with a lv. 33 recommendation. Revali is... well let's just say I haven't gotten to him yet. Same with Mipha. But from what little I have used her, I think I may actually think she's good even if I don't like playing as her. But in the story, she gets points from me since she was the only Champion I actively hated in BotW. But here I actually like her.

But Impa beats them all, hands down.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I wanna come back and rank the champions now that I've had lots of time with them. I wanna say that they're all far better than most everyone in HW. They did so good on the playable characters in AoC.

Mipha > Daruk > Urbosa > Revali

Mipha plays like the smoothest butter you've ever seen. She's extremely fun and versatile. Daruk is a really good tank with his Protection and his strong attacks hit hard, plus he doesn't even sacrifice speed for his size because he can roll fast and get great air. Urbosa is really sleek and her combos hit wide and hard, and her twirly dodges are really satisfying. Revali's air game is beyond reproach, but his ground game isn't so good. I always have a hard time doing one-on-one fights with him. I still like him, but he's at the bottom of the four champions for me.

I also wanna rank the four future Champions. I enjoy all of them, too, for the most part.

Yunobo > Sidon > Teba > Riju

Yunobo is almost as much of a tank as Daruk. His Protection power-ups do weak point damage if they connect, which makes him really excel in one-on-one fights, plus they're also excellent at clearing crowds. I love him. Sidon is also a lot of fun, but the timing on his strong attack power-ups is really tight and sometimes it's hard for me to nail it, but man it's so satisfying when I do. Teba I feel like is very close to Revali in terms of excellent air game, but for me he's just way too fast for his own good. I always feel like it's really hard to control the way he flits across the screen. Riju is pretty fun and probably is the fastest moving sweeper, but she pays for it in being bad at one-on-one fights. Her combos have such long wind-ups that weak point gauges vanish on her fast. I always have a hard time doing decent damage to them with her. She's still a lot of fun, though. They all are.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Now that I've had a bit of time with the game, I'd say Urbosa and Mipha are my favorites to use so far.

I really like Mipha's kit though. Quick and fun to play with overall. The range of her spear is really useful as well.

I'm still in the latter part of Ch. 2 though, so that might change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom