• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Cryptid Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
So I read the Rules, and it doesnt say no posting at night

so talk
Please see this.

Remember that during the night period no posting or talking inside or outside of the game thread (unless otherwise stated in a PM) is allowed. If your role allows you to take an action, please let me know your choice through PM by 5:00 PM on Thursday, November 12th!

You are no stranger to the rules of Mafia as a whole, and have played multiple times over the last 4 or more years. If you, or any other player acts out of the spirit of this game again, that player will be removed from the game. Consider this the only warning anyone will get.

To avoid any further possible confusion, this thread will be locked upon entering a night phase and unlocked when entering a day phase.

Last edited:

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
As day broke, the creatures gathered once again, eyeing each other with suspicion. It didn't take long to realize that one amongst them was missing. Searching high and low, they eventually found the broken body of Mido, an empty bag of beef jerky in hand. The monsters turned to one another, trying to figure out who among them did this, but there was no tell tale sign of who could have done this. Sadly, Sasquatch, a Town Miller, had been messed with, and paid the price!

624d430b77df7e9655cba2942323f139.jpg

The cryptids turn to one another, and resumed their debate from the day before, determination still strong.

Day 2 Begins!

Day 2 will end on Sunday, November 15th, at 5:00 PM EST.

Living Cryptids: 11

Storm
Spiritual Mask Salesman
Morbid Minish
Ragnarokio
Moe the Moblin
Rubik
CynicalSquid
Kirino
Funnygurl555
Zinger2099
The Sun Fan

Dead Cryptids: 2
Giri - Loch Ness Monster - Vanilla Townie
Mido - Sasquatch - Town Miller

Last edited:
sorry giri it wasn't personal. it's just that no-voting is anti-town

so anyways that eod. well. i'm glad both main wagons were resolved i guess. multiple people seemed hesitant about offing rubik there and he seemed like a real possibility. maybe that's a good place to focus on?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Weird, Mido is a strange nightkill, lstely he has been very inactive in games and it seems this game wasn't going to break that streak for him. This is definitely grasping at straws, but my reactionary thought to this is that the scum team might consist of people who aren't very familar with ZD, but I could be wrong.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
sorry giri it wasn't personal. it's just that no-voting is anti-town

so anyways that eod. well. i'm glad both main wagons were resolved i guess. multiple people seemed hesitant about offing rubik there and he seemed like a real possibility. maybe that's a good place to focus on?
No.

Well, would you look at that? It's Day!

I'm not disappointed about a Town Miller being hit. S'far as Town losses goes, if we had to lose someone, losing one that coulda resulted in a Cop misfiring later ain't so bad. I'm not sure why Mido was the target thought. That's confusing.

my reactionary thought to this is that the scum team might consist of people who aren't very familar with ZD, but I could be wrong.
As one of those "not very familiar with ZD" people, I got to say, if I were on the scum team I'd at least have targeted someone with more activity than Mido, regardless of how little I know about the player base here.

Besides, you're arguing that the entire scum team is unfamiliar with the player base. Who all among the players of this game are new blood to ZD? Does the game even have that many new players? Y'all seem to know each other to me.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
rubik is a zd legend
I'm really impressive.

Well, would you look at that? It's Day!

I'm not disappointed about a Town Miller being hit. S'far as Town losses goes, if we had to lose someone, losing one that coulda resulted in a Cop misfiring later ain't so bad. I'm not sure why Mido was the target thought. That's confusing.

As one of those "not very familiar with ZD" people, I got to say, if I were on the scum team I'd at least have targeted someone with more activity than Mido, regardless of how little I know about the player base here.

Besides, you're arguing that the entire scum team is unfamiliar with the player base. Who all among the players of this game are new blood to ZD? Does the game even have that many new players? Y'all seem to know each other to me.
It could be an attempt to make people look bad for voting Mido.

It could be an attempt to jump a protective role.

It could be an attempt to hit a low activity power role.

It could be someone who doesn't know zd mafia that well.

It could be WIFOM.

Heck, it could be a vig.

-

Analyzing his kill today seems kind of like a needless distraction, I don't think it gets us any closer to scum.

Analyzing his kill today seems kind of like a needless distraction, I don't think it gets us any closer to scum.
I agree with you. That's why I was poking holes in the suggestion that our scum team doesn't know what they are doing by hitting Mido. Feels like SMS is deflecting attention onto players that are decidedly not him (ZD fresh blood).

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I -

Ok?

Does anyone have any clue why Mido would have been targeted? He didn’t really do much on day 1 so that just seems like a wasted scum kill to me.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I didn’t consider it could have been a potential Vig or SK either

Would it be possible that scum doesn’t have a nk or did they end up getting blocked

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff

You, and funnygurl are not ZD natives. Sun and Moe are exceptions because they have a history of player many games here. CynicalSquid has also not played Mafia in such a long time that he might not be aware of Mido's new playstyle. This is by no means concrete, certainly not making any of you locked scum, I could be wrong on this, like I said it's grasping. It's just a thought I had though.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Vote: Rubik

putting my vote here until either he or i do something

mido is a strange kill. Sunfan made a post yesterday that implied he felt mido was breadcrumbing a specific role and i'm interested in seeing him follow up on that. A miller claim isn't confirmable so breadcrumbing and later claiming miller isn't really something that would be AI in my mind, and if anything is scum-leaning considering the claim, so even if scum thought he was crumbing miller its an odd hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom