• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games you suck more at now

I remember being much better at certain games when I was younger compared to now.

I don't know what it is but there are some games I remember being great at and would be able to coast through without a care that just give me hassle now.

Is this just me or are there any games that you suck more at now than you used to?

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Platformers, definitely. There was a time where I could reliably beat Champion's Road in Super Mario 3D World, for example, but I really doubt I could even handle some of the harder stages without trying dozens of times and most likely giving up in frustration.

I just don't have the twitchy reflexes necessary to play more challenging platformers anymore. Part of that is probably due to me almost exclusively playing slower-paced games like RPGs or adventure games as I've gotten older as well.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Tony Hawk's Underground, I swear I could pull off combos like mad when I was younger but now age has gotten the better of me

I say this as if I'm talking about actual skateboarding, but no, I just didn't have access to the game for a long while until the past few years, and I just never took the time to relearn everything from back then, still love it either way

Tony Hawk's Underground, I swear I could pull off combos like mad when I was younger but now age has gotten the better of me

I say this as if I'm talking about actual skateboarding, but no, I just didn't have access to the game for a long while until the past few years, and I just never took the time to relearn everything from back then, still love it either way

Best Tony Hawk game. I poured so many hours into that. Would love a remake.

Age sucks
This is literally what your title means and I agree age sucks.

For me games I suck at more now are:
Smash Bros - Back in the Melee days I was really good at the game. Not pro level, I'd say one step below that. I was really really good. Now with Ultimate, I'm good but anyone with any really good skill just whoops me.

Past that it's not any specific game. It's just every so often my brain will tell my fingers to do the correct inputs. My fingers respond much too late and failure. It's not all the time, it's rare but It's in reality only like half a second difference but I can feel the difference and I know within that half second it's not happening. Just "NOPE".
I just don't have the twitchy reflexes necessary
Am I describing this here? Maybe?

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
For me it's the opposite, I sucked at games more when I was a kid, and now those games I sucked at are easier.
I feel the same way. Like, I really can't think of any game I've played where I've gotten worse at it over time. For pretty much all the games I own, if I was to play them now, I might be rusty but I'd still be able to play it at the same level or better than the level I was at when I had last played it.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
A lot of older stuff, most notably the Mega Man games. It's easy to forget how much older games relied on arbitrary levels of difficulty that forced you to replay segments over and over while relying on memorization to carry you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom