• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smart Home Technologies

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Do you have any smart home related technologies set up in your home? Do you find them to be good value for money or not worth the investment? If you don’t have any, which would you like to have?

I don’t have any smart home tech currently. Smart lighting is something which seems convenient and like something I’d enjoy having but the cost is too high still for me to justify the value of implementing it. Surveillance equipment is also something that think could be handy on the exterior of home but I don’t know if I’d feel comfortable having it inside given the potential for hackers to compromise the feed.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I don't trust that kind of Tech after all the movies I have seen where something goes wrong. Google Home and Alexa bother me the most.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Controlling washing machines with an app, smart view from tablet to TV screen, is that what you're asking about?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'd have stuff like automated washing and heating but not surveillance with microphones or cameras in the home. I don't trust them not to be hacked. If someone wants to mess around with the heating in my home then ok but I don't like being spied on.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I'd have stuff like automated washing and heating but not surveillance with microphones or cameras in the home. I don't trust them not to be hacked. If someone wants to mess around with the heating in my home then ok but I don't like being spied on.
They might make it reallllly hot and youll melt and butler wont be able to save you??

Ninja

Well well well
We have one of those Google Home Mini's but I honestly only use it to play some background noise while we sleep, light thunderstorms or sounds of the forest.

Smart lighting is probably my most desired, however, it's way too expensive right now, even the starter kits are outrageously priced for only two bulbs, where my living room alone has 6 flood lights on the ceiling.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I don't have or desire any, it's just all too easy. My outlook is that we've all made it this far without smart home, why do we need it now? What we have now works, no reason to replace it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom