• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I have to admit, I didn't expect to end up making it to the end. Let alone ending up on the winning team, don't get me wrong, I'm glad I did. But, I kind of expected to get lynched a whole lot sooner.

Though...
View attachment 44624
...I'm starting to think the Vets went easy on my

:lol:
I'm proud of you Killjoy, I know there were points where you almost gave up, but you stuck it out and not only played very well, you also contributed to our faction's win! From here on out just remember few games will ever be as complex as this, so future games for you will be a piece of cake!

GG everyone!

Goblin MVP: Freddeh (by default)
what-am-i-chopped-liver.jpg

ty whoever ressurrected me
fveTFRL.gif

Brotherhood of Scrier (Passive): [...] As long as you are alive, the Scriers share your alignment and win condition.
Dang it Fred, you knew I was on your side all along! Why didn't you tell me anything?

Hope you stick around PK.
You seem like a cool dude.
Especially to deal with this as your first game here. Lol.
That's the plan! This game was intense, so I might take a short break. And I'll be back in school by the time the next one starts, so I'll probably be a lot less active in my next game.

What a game! I'll need to take some time to read through the other discord chats. Thanks, @Zinger2099! I can't imagine how much work you must have put into this.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
was very impressed by PK as a player. you have an intimidating and powerful soul. Were also very fun to play with.

Once a Spider... (Passive): You count as being Spider Aligned, in addition to your actual alignment. Investigations into your alignment turn up both results.

Shouldn't this mean mafia can't win as long as the mafia-spiders are alive?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
but they count as being spider aligned

So we could have had 9x Silverfish's role at once?

And why did the motivation say we have to be sure without a doubt? There can only be one original so how could the others ever honestly be sure without a doubt? You want lying heros? :P
If absolutely all of them flipped Town there'd be 10x "True Spideys" with copies of silver's role yeah.

But that was incredibly unlikely.

The motivation was worded the way it was so that nobody accidentally stumbled into an alignment shift they weren't prepared for. I wanted you to be sure you were ready to go all-in on your "belief".

There were several things in the game which would give mechanical false-positives. Beyond the mechanical stuff I expected more people would use words to confuse the masses into believing the wrong conclusions. Seriously, there were several players who were invested in the real Spidey not figuring out who he was, yet not one of them sent a letter to the Bugle saying "I have irrefutable proof that [anybody but silver] is the real spider-man!" I'm truly shocked nobody ever did that.

but they count as being spider aligned
Yeah, I could have worded that better. I designed this game 3 years ago. I've grown as a designer since then. lol

Basically it meant they count as being spider-aligned for certain in-game effects but the win condition checks see through that deception.

Each time someone rolled one at random I deleted it from my master list so I didn't end up repeating any. Stupidly, I didn't make a copy before we started, and I don't have the patience to go dig them all up through individual PMs.
Anyone want to help recreate the rumor list?

Here's my rumors:
Rumor Mill [100%]: This game has far too many twists and turns to rely heavily on any source of information as being the whole truth. Anybody who thinks they've got their win "in the bag" is likely missing key information, and in fact could be closer to a loss than ever for relying on intel that's undoubtedly set up to look too good to be true. The game is not over till its over, and until that final curtain, nothing is certain...

Rumour Mill [Design]: The central question—"Who is the real Spider-Man"—can be assertively answered by up to 4 characters in this game, under the right conditions. But only one of them is in a position to potentially fake the results of the test...

Rumour Mill [100%]: I heard a rumour that if the true Spider-Man achieves his Motivation, he will become Town Aligned (hint: the Town Aligned win condition is public, and in the game rules).

Rumor Mill [Design]: All of the Spider Aligned players are basically Schroedinger's Cat. Until they open the box, they are both clones and not clones.

Rumor Mill [Character]: Detective Jacob Raven has the power to come back from exile if he's first received the Mark of Kaine.

Rumor Mill [Design]: You don't need to unvote in order to move your vote to a new player. Thus, it's not far fetched to assume that players who bother to unvote before placing a new vote are probably hiding multiple votes and/or some visible voting interaction.

Rumor Mill [Character]: I saw Moon Knight running around town last Night, getting up to no good. I wonder what he's up to?

Rumor Mill [Whack]: I heard a rumor that Zinger ran out of rumors a while ago and have been just making them up since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom