• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Random theories

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
The goddess Hylia, seen speaking directly to Link (through statues) in BotW, is less of a truly "good" character and more "chaotic neutral" in alignment. Think about it: She has the power to give or take away Zelda's cleansing light, can defeat Ganon in only a few hits (assuming the bow of light scales to her power), and can increase Links vitality whenever she wants - he has to "prove himself", but since Hyrule is CLEARLY in danger, a GOOD goddess would just say "here Link, you proved yourself 100 years ago so pick yourself up, here's the bow of light, slay the beast and save my people".

Instead, she sits back and watches as Link dies again, and again, and again, presumably resurrecting him each time, like a magical fantasy Truman show for her own entertainment. She could save Hyrule any time, and could power up Link to do so as a proxy any time, but CHOOSES to make them wait.

Hylia is the Trickster God of Hyrule confirmed?

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
The goddess Hylia, seen speaking directly to Link (through statues) in BotW, is less of a truly "good" character and more "chaotic neutral" in alignment. Think about it: She has the power to give or take away Zelda's cleansing light, can defeat Ganon in only a few hits (assuming the bow of light scales to her power), and can increase Links vitality whenever she wants - he has to "prove himself", but since Hyrule is CLEARLY in danger, a GOOD goddess would just say "here Link, you proved yourself 100 years ago so pick yourself up, here's the bow of light, slay the beast and save my people".

Instead, she sits back and watches as Link dies again, and again, and again, presumably resurrecting him each time, like a magical fantasy Truman show for her own entertainment. She could save Hyrule any time, and could power up Link to do so as a proxy any time, but CHOOSES to make them wait.

Hylia is the Trickster God of Hyrule confirmed?

I think hylia is a different goddess all together. Remember, in SS she gave up her immortality to become Zelda, and since each Zelda is a descendant of one another I find it much more likely that she’s a separate deity all together from the statues. I think the statues are just angels that serve the goddess, and therefore don’t have the divine power to conjure a heart container for link without materials. Remember the evil statue is actually a transformed demon, so it’s not impossible for the goddess statues to be transformed or possessed by angels.

Significance of that "This time, we fight together!" is literally cuz the Dorf force-pushed her outta the boss room cuz he figured she was the reason link was such a goddamn crack shot. He used Phantom Ganon to (the only boss who operates like him) to probe links abilities and he learned that Navi was the source of links magic aiming.........cuz c'mon how the balls did link only just pick up a bow and suddenly become Annie Oakley?

Though honestly i do feel like OOT was just the point where Time fractured due to the G-man winning, in only one timeline is the Pig Beast entirely, in the the others he's still relatively human and in the CT he does go beast mode. So yah i reckon Ganondorf drew on the full triforce itself, because all 3 pieces had started to resonate at that point, to become Pig Ganon and doing so fracture time completely, Zelda attemptes to fix it and just instead drops the ball in time and space.
I wasn't going as far as saying Navi was the source of Link's marksmanship, but I do like the idea, unless you were speaking in jest...

What I was getting at was something like Navi's light causing a distraction; like, imagine having an led light circling around your head while you're fighting a guy.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I think hylia is a different goddess all together. Remember, in SS she gave up her immortality to become Zelda, and since each Zelda is a descendant of one another I find it much more likely that she’s a separate deity all together from the statues. I think the statues are just angels that serve the goddess, and therefore don’t have the divine power to conjure a heart container for link without materials. Remember the evil statue is actually a transformed demon, so it’s not impossible for the goddess statues to be transformed or possessed by angels.
I always thought of it like a portion of Hylia's disembodied conscious still lived on and that was the voice guiding Link in Skyward Sword.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
The Spirit of the Hero isn’t in itself a consciousness that is reincarnated, it is instead a courage down that all heroes have, which did originate from the original Link. As Faron in Twilight Princess states,
His power is yours. His is the true power that slept within you.
Notice how she says “His power is yours.” She is clearly differentiating between the two characters. Also, The Hero of Time’s spirit is able to speak with the current Link, which wouldn’t make much sense if they were the same being.

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
The Hero of Time’s spirit is able to speak with the current Link, which wouldn’t make much sense if they were the same being.

Ahh, yeah, there have been a handful of times throughout the games where player character link directly interfaces with past / present / future Links, mostly in Twilight Princess as I recall?

However, I don't think that that necessarily rules out that Link is a cyclically reincarnated hero. I mean, EVERY TIME HE'S BORN (that we know of) he's:

A master swordsman

Able to use most magic

Insanely strong and durable

Wields the master sword

Is mute

So I think to a certain extent there's more literal reincarnation than figurative courage reincarnation. The courage of your heart doesn't itself make you a master swordsman, after all!

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
EVERY TIME HE'S BORN (that we know of) he's:
I'm gonna be the ACTUALLY guy for a moment

Wields the master sword

Not EVERY Link has wielded the Master Sword actually. Of the 12 canon playable Links, 7 have used the sword. Only the hero of the Minish, Four Sword, Light, and Spirits and Hyrule have gone without, instead using the four sword or the Lokomo sword

Is mute

May as well be but there are some clear moments.
"What?!? You want to come with us on our ship?" — Tetra (The Wind Waker)

"Hey, there you go! Over here! Yeah! Your voice carries well, as usual!" — Jaggle (Twilight Princess)

It's just more often we purposefully never hear him.

Personally I think the "Spirit of the hero" is just a list of traits that each Link has embodied. Courage being a big one, having a great skill for learning new items on the fly, and a strong will.

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
Not EVERY Link has wielded the Master Sword actually. Of the 12 canon playable Links, 7 have used the sword. Only the hero of the Minish, Four Sword, Light, and Spirits and Hyrule have gone without, instead using the four sword or the Lokomo sword

Well, to be faaaaiiirrrrr... there's no way for us to tell if those Links COULD wield the Master Sword, if given the chance! For one thing, the Spirit Tracks Link exists in a world where a previous nearly-identical-looking version of himself wielded the Master Sword 100 years ago.

So, I guess this theory is gonna have to remain just a theory..

The Happy Mask Salesman is the reincarnation of Rupin from SS. They do favor each other quite a bit in both appearance and mannerisms. That, and they're both creepy salesmen.
SS_Rupin_Model.png
latest
Not even reincarnation, maybe they're just the same person. Some immortal creature wandering forever in search of something.

-Link was sealed away in OoT when he picked up the Master Sword to prevent his life force being sucked away(like in BotW).

-Link used sharpened rupees as arrowheads in Zelda 1, due to Hyrule being in bad shape because of Ganon's attack.

-The Hero of Winds is the descendant of the Hero in Four Swords.

Last edited:

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
The reason Link was able to wield the Master Sword in the Wind Waker was because it had lost its power. By the time it was restored, he had certainly proved himself mature enough. Also, he’s probably a few years older than OoT Link was; if you consider the tradition where they dress boys in the Hero’s garb the day they “come of age,” it leaves a fairly wide range for him to sit in.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Bokoblins, moblins, and the other civilized monster races have been systematically repressed by the Hylians for centuries, to the point where monster races have been pushed into such a corner that they'll attack Hylians on sight out of fear for their own lives. They fought alongside Ganon only for the hope at a better life.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
The reason Link was able to wield the Master Sword in the Wind Waker was because it had lost its power. By the time it was restored, he had certainly proved himself mature enough. Also, he’s probably a few years older than OoT Link was; if you consider the tradition where they dress boys in the Hero’s garb the day they “come of age,” it leaves a fairly wide range for him to sit in.

WW Link had absolutely no connection to the Hero of Time, which we find out via Jabun and KORL's chat behind Outset, however as you say the Master Sword had lost it's power and so couldn't distinguish the true wielder anymore once restored it accepted WW Link as the guy for the job simply due to "right place right time" issue, in the Adult Timeline there is no lineage of OOT Links to carry through the Bloodline.

OOT Link is somewhere in his 10th year we don't know how far through though, WW seems to start on WW Link's 10th birthday, and presumably the adventure is under a year long cuz we don't see anything about his 11th birthday.

-Link was sealed away in OoT when he picked up the Master Sword to prevent his life force being sucked away(like in BotW).

-Link used sharpened rupees as arrowheads in Zelda 1, due to Hyrule being in bad shape because of Ganon's attack.

-The Hero of Winds is the descendant of the Hero in Four Swords.

As far as we know he got sealed away because he simply didn't have the strength of spirit to wield the sword, we know he was worthy to use the sword as he was able to pull it, so his life wouldn't have been sucked away (ahhh yee old heart drain mechanic) this doesn't preclude using it properly. He was a child after all and Ganondorf was in his prime so makes sense it to seal the kid for 7 years.

Master sword is definately connected to the White Sword from Zelda 1 with that life leech.

YES FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT, what better thing to use than ruppees as arrow heads, they seem to be easily shaped and can hold an edge well, just like flint really. Though they are likely more durable.

I'd be more inclined to believe the wind frog gods are descendants of Vaati's than Hero of Winds coming from the FS Hero, does raise the question would WW Split if he had the FS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom