• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Looks.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Do you think much about how you look?

Let me disclaim that there's nothing shallow or vain about wanting to think about how you look. It's about - among many things - how to feel comfortable with yourself. For some people, it's quite important, for others it's not - and not put much importance in how you look is fine as well. But where do you stand? I personally care a lot. I have a hard time leaving my house without makeup. I can't quite explain it, but I just feel more comfortable when I dress myself up a bit.

Nope, I really, really don't care. I used to a little bit when I was younger but now, not at all.

I have some scars that aren't very sightly but that doesn't stop me from wearing whatever.

I don't make myself up much, either, but a lot of this is to do with having given up on people as a whole and only caring about a select few and those people are mature and pure of heart enough not to care how I present myself.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I think about my looks quite a bit, usually about my face and how there’s acne all over it, man, I hate acne. So annoying and looks gross. Once it goes away when I’m an adult, I’ll be very happy

The rest of myself I don’t really fuss over, especially now when I hardly leave and meet anyone lol

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Nah i fine with my looks sometimes i do wonder why some people are like omg i look so bad and im like??

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
the only thing I get concerned about is my hair, it just can never look right to me and I have no clue how to handle it, I'm barley ever satisfied w/ the haircuts I get either
ah well, I just handle it however I can

Never used to when I was younger. Would just leave the house with full bedhead & a complete mess.

Now I take pride in how I look. Never go to great lengths unless there's an occasion but generally tidy myself up.

Ninja

Well well well
Do you think much about how you look?

Over the years I've cared more and more about my looks, not only is it for me personally, but professionally as well since I am on a career path to the executive branch one day. I used to be really overweight and was bullied constantly for it, so even though I went from 305lbs down to 195lbs, I still see an overweight person in the mirror. I see loose skin, stretch marks, loose arm skin flapping sometimes, and I make extra effort to sit straight in public, because the thought of any "rolls" protruding from my waist is disgusting for me.

As time passed, I've learned to love myself more each year, and am still working on it and overcoming my insecurities. I mess up from time to time, but I never stop getting up after falling down.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I don't really think about my looks too much. And after being in a relationship for a while, I don't know how my looks come across to people, and I don't care about it too much.

Here's how I look.

20191203_163933.jpg

One thing I do for my looks, which is a necessity, is brush my hair and teeth (obviously) and take care of my beard. Otherwise, I don't think about it.

Last edited:

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I think I spend a little too much time concerned about my looks. Like a lot of people do, whenever I look in the mirror my brain points out every flaw and thing I don't like about myself and I get down on myself. A lot of times its weight (even though I am by no stretch overweight).

Regardless, I still like to put some amount of effort into how I look to look my best. Not only because I think it is more professional to be well kept, but its also sometimes a source of confidence (when I'm not negatively seeing my features).

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I used to be really overweight and was bullied constantly for it, so even though I went from 305lbs down to 195lbs, I still see an overweight person in the mirror. I see loose skin, stretch marks, loose arm skin flapping sometimes, and I make extra effort to sit straight in public, because the thought of any "rolls" protruding from my waist is disgusting for me.

This is the same for me. I lost quite a bit of weight over the years but am still not where I'd like to be. So I tend to still wear baggy clothes and do what I can to make things less noticeable. I also don't wear certain clothes because of stretch marks or loose/saggy skin.

To answer the question though, I'd say both yes and no. I probably don't care as much as I used to. I used to have to straighten my hair when I'd go out and stuff. But now I don't really mind and just put it up somehow. I also just tend to wear whatever's comfiest to me. Which is generally sweatpants, a tshirt, and a light jacket.

I don't really bother with makeup at all either. For a short while I would at least use foundation but not anymore.

There are still times I like to look nice though. And I've gone out of my comfort zone with clothes to look a little nicer for occasions.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Not that much. Since I'm in relationship with my fiance for more than a year I don't really care how I look. That doesn't mean I don't pay attention to myself but it's not my main priority. The only thing I do care about it my weight. I don't like being overweight and I like to walk and exercise as much as I can. But now the gym is closed till sept the first....
I never cared for makeup and the last thing I worry about is leaving the house without makeup.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
In terms of making sure I look presentable for work I always make sure I look professional when need be.

In terms of me spending time worried about my looks in general though, I hardly think about it. I wish I was a bit less underweight and I wouldn't leave the house without a clean shave but other than those things I don't tend to dwell over my appearance.

I'm actually super self-conscious.

I spend a lot of time thinking about how others view me, and how I view myself. Usually it's very negative, so I try my best to look presentable.
I usually just end up wearing a loose jacket/hoodie to hide myself.

I think about it a lot, especially when my skin looks gross, or if I have an outbreak of acne.

I think my OCD has a hand in how much I think about it too, because no matter how decent I look, if it's not perfect, I'll always grimace when I see myself in the mirror.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I hate how I look but I never really cared about what other people thought
I've been trying to change a bit and I plan on renewing my clothing something this/next year, specially since I've been trying to look for a job and gotta look more professional for some other academic related stuff
and just to be more socially accepted ig

rn and since the last few years my looks have been medium/long hair down, round-ovalish glasses, unshaved face unless I'm in the mood
sloppy clothing with ragged sweatspants, basic patternless t-shirts (usually oversized), and some kind of jacket or hoodie
no rings, no necklaces, no earrings, and no tattoos; although I kinda like the idea of those
refuse to tie my hair, wear hats, or shorts, though

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I do and I don't.

At times like this, when I'm not doing any professional work or really anything that demands a clean appearance, I don't really care. My hair is really messy, my clothes are unironed, my facial hear looks bad, etc. I still go out and just don't think about how people view me.

In more professional settings though, like when I have a presentation or a performance, the way I present myself matters a lot, to the extent that sometimes I won't leave the house without checking the mirror five or six times to make sure everything looks fine. I used to have huge insecurity issues, and while I still do to a small extent, I try to just ignore them and be myself. Bad hair day? Just wear a hat. Didn't shower that day? Wear an extra layer of clothing and hope you don't smell (ik this doesn't work in actuality lol).

As for how I look, meh I guess. I tend to feel like my appearance is fairly generic - ie, not ugly, not overly attractive, just normal I guess. And I'm ok with that. I wish I had better skin and maybe slightly better muscle definition, although the latter is due to me not having gone to the gym in years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom