• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
That won't effect new posts in already existing blogs will it? I have a series going on daily right now but my life does not allow me to post it at the same time every day.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've done some looking around for ways to do this and have installed an add-on to make this possible.

Currently, I have set it for now at one blog per 24 hours. You can see the restriction in place at the bottom right of the below image. I am open to discussion as to whether 1 blog per 24 hours is too restrictive or not restrictive enough so anyone can feel free to chime in on that.

ubM2HTg.png

I am also considering adding back a "don't post more than two/three blogs in a row" type thing to ensure the section isn't dominated just by one or two users. Do we think this is still necessary given that I have been able to implement a time restriction?

I think having both the 24 hour rule and the not posting two/three blogs in a row should be active together at least for now.

Other members may be more willing to make blogs if they know it won't be buried.

Is there a way for new blog comments to be visible in the new post thread list? This might help others discover previous blogs that were buried.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
My suggestion is to stop treating the mafia section as if it's some toxic clique. A close-knit side community, sure, but I have seen a lot of assumptions and judgments about the section and its active contributors that are just blatantly untrue. It's a harmless subforum that brings new members to the site and keeps several existing members consistently coming back. Stop *****ing about something that's been an active part of this forum for almost 10 years, longer than the vast majority of the active userbase, and just let it be.

Is a forum being unread honestly even that big of a deal? Like for real, it's a relative non-issue that's not worth making a big deal over.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
The whole point of joining a Zelda forum is to discuss Zelda related things so one would think new members are here for zelda but they're not, they're here for mafia which defeats the purpose of a forum. There are plenty of mafia dedicated places to go for mafia

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
The whole point of joining a Zelda forum is to discuss Zelda related things so one would think new members are here for zelda but they're not, they're here for mafia which defeats the purpose of a forum. There are plenty of mafia dedicated places to go for mafia
Most people here don’t even discuss Zelda they just post songs in a thread or **** post in the things on your mind thread

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I came for the mafia games and stayed for the people.
Honestly, I feel like the purpose of joining a forum is meeting a new community that you can call home.

As someone who never played a Zelda game before, being treated as someone that shouldn't be here by some people kinda depresses me quite a bit.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
That hasnt been ZD for a long time, lets be honest. And besides; we honestly need any new members we can get at this point.

Reactions: Pen

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Most people here don’t even discuss Zelda they just post songs in a thread or **** post in the things on your mind thread
But they originally joined most likely for Zelda not for unrelated game. No one goes to a baseball game hoping "oh boy I hope they also play football here" it's a ridiculous idea to join some place for unrelated activity when there are more dedicated places elsewhere.
I came for the mafia games and stayed for the people.
Honestly, I feel like the purpose of joining a forum is meeting a new community that you can call home.

As someone who never played a Zelda game before, being treated as someone that shouldn't be here by some people kinda depresses me quite a bit.
Refer to the above.
Now sure we have role-play stuff sure but that's not the main focus of a Zelda forum.
Joining ZD for mafia specifically is silly.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Is this meant to be ironic because it's all I see you do.
The point I was trying to make is that with his logic stuff like that shouldn’t exist on this forum then but in hindsight I worded that really badly and was kind of passive aggressive. My bad.

I’m not posting here anymore I don’t want to derail the thread anymore than it hasbeen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom