• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pineapples on Pizza: Yes or No

Pineapple on pizza

• Of course! Pineapple on pizza’s amazing!!

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • No. That’s disgusting!

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • I don’t eat pizza. Duh.

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

Quin

Disaster Master
I like it, its not my favorite pizza, that will always be ansjovis, but its a good combination.
Now pineapple on a good burger, thats heaven.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Fruit is not a topping (also pineapple is ****ing disgusting)

If you reply with "oh well tomato is a fruit and it's in the sauce," flour goes in the dough but flour is not a topping either.

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
I dig pineapple on pizza, but it's gotta be prepared right. I will NOT tolerate that soggy half-cooked nasty you end up with on a store-brought frozen hawaiian. But, I will gladly devour some lightly scorched grilled pineapple on a pie with richer-than-usual sauce and a smoky meat. The devil is in the details here, pretty much anything can go well with cheese, sauce, and meat (the holy trifecta) but it's gotta pair up!

I might also be persuaded to have a sweeter, non-grilled pineapple but it would need to complement the cheese selection.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I dig pineapple on pizza, but it's gotta be prepared right. I will NOT tolerate that soggy half-cooked nasty you end up with on a store-brought frozen hawaiian. But, I will gladly devour some lightly scorched grilled pineapple on a pie with richer-than-usual sauce and a smoky meat. The devil is in the details here, pretty much anything can go well with cheese, sauce, and meat (the holy trifecta) but it's gotta pair up!

I might also be persuaded to have a sweeter, non-grilled pineapple but it would need to complement the cheese selection.

100% agreed. Every food needs to be made right to be good. You’ve made me hungry just reading that lol

Wait. What if the people who don’t like pineapple on pizza just haven’t eaten the good kind? *mindblown*

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Fruit is not a topping (also pineapple is ****ing disgusting)

If you reply with "oh well tomato is a fruit and it's in the sauce," flour goes in the dough but flour is not a topping either.
Well, tomatoes are fruit, that's just a matter of science.

And there's plenty of combinations with food that have a sweet and savory flavor profile.

Pineapple represents an interesting case, as pineapple contains the enzyme bromelain, which breaks down proteins, making meat more tender.

Ezlo

The Minish Craftsman
No, pineapples on pizza is disgusting imo, same goes for bananas, although I can not say for sure since I've never tried it, but i assume it tastes like fish on cake. (Tho I haven't tried that either :P)

Last edited:

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
No, pinapples on pizza is disgusting imo, same goes for bananas, although I can not say for sure since I've never tried it, but i assume it tastes like fish on cake. (Tho I haven't tried that either :P)
Hell yea! We are Samosa and Paratha fandom who prefer to eat fruits as desserts. :lemmy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom