• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenforo 2 Upgrade Suggestions & Feedback

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
When someone mentions us in a SB chat message, we get an alert and can see the message in question; however, we are unable to see other messages posted around the same time, for the sake of context, without digging through the SB history. Would it be possible, when someone mentions us in the SB, for the alert to take us to that point in the SB history rather than just showing the one message?

Is it possible to change the ./me command into italics, and bring back the old eek emote?

Also, I believe some people are having trouble reading the chat messages when someone uses the .@ command. It's not a problem for me, but it might be a problem for other people and just changing the contrast of the .@message might help.

Last edited:
This has been a topic on and off in the shoutbox, but since the blog sections are now managed as forums due to not having another alternative, they're easier to overlook as far as how a user can interact with them and find new blog posts. Blogs are also not included in the forum tree so they're not something that can be searched manually.

My suggestion would be since that blogs do not show up under new posts as they're separate from the rest of the board activity, to add a a tab or section under the What's New? query to feature blogs and new comments on blogs in that way. The sidebar widget is a start, but clicking it takes you to new forum-wide activity that excludes blogs.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
This has been a topic on and off in the shoutbox, but since the blog sections are now managed as forums due to not having another alternative, they're easier to overlook as far as how a user can interact with them and find new blog posts. Blogs are also not included in the forum tree so they're not something that can be searched manually.

My suggestion would be since that blogs do not show up under new posts as they're separate from the rest of the board activity, to add a a tab or section under the What's New? query to feature blogs and new comments on blogs in that way. The sidebar widget is a start, but clicking it takes you to new forum-wide activity that excludes blogs.
I still don't see anything like this, but I think it'd be a really good idea. The SB isn't very reliable to keep track of new blog comments, and the displayed blogs on the main index only show the newest posted blogs, not the ones with the newest replies.

I concur with @Satan and @Spiritual Mask Salesman that something needs to be done about blogs to get them into the spotlight a bit more.

Now more than ever we have talented members putting a lot of time and effort into their blogs, and it is a shame to see so many fly under the radar.

Blogs during 2019 and now in 2020 have (for me) become a very rich element of ZD. Blogs are more personal than threads and more than a few members are bringing well written, honest, unique and fun content to enrich our forum.

So something should definitely be done.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I’m not sure exactly what I’ll be able to do but I’ll have a look into it over the weekend. At the least I should be able to make them appear in the new posts with everything else so they’re not so easy to miss.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Is there any reason we can't just structure it similarly to the current social groups section and move all blog content to a subforum in the subscription section, or would that break things?

It would make it easier to see what blogs are new even when not thinking about them.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Is there any reason we can't just structure it similarly to the current social groups section and move all blog content to a subforum in the subscription section, or would that break things?

It would make it easier to see what blogs are new even when not thinking about them.
At that point they would just be threads. Even though they are threads now, but they at least feel like Blogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom