• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Monster Hunter Tri

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
So who bought this game?

After i saw some good reviews of this game, i decided to buy it.
I got it with the Classic controller pro package and so far i like this game.

Its good to have a slow paced game for a change.
Still havn't tried the Online feature, i got a lot of things to do Offline before that.

I bought it too. It's a cool game but isn't as good as Zelda. But a fun game and the online is cool, you'll have to try it.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
I have it, (had enough money for one game and chose it over Red Steel 2) I've only played it for a very short amount of time so far, so I can't really judge it yet. That'll change once summer rolls around.

Although, in the short time I did play, I must say the guys who warned me at Gamestop were right; the fluidity of the controls can be VERY frustrating and a classic controller is really the only way to go... It's a big change from the great movement control I'm used to in Zelda :/ The graphics are, of course, phenomenal, but I can practically see smoke rising from my Wii as the poor thing whirrs and clanks in effort to process them XD

I'm really excited to get going on the game, hopefully I'll get into the thick of the missions before I have to leave home and my Wii for college

Mute

一員
While I haven't bought it myself, I do have the demo. Along with that, I do have Monster Hunter Freedom and Unite, so I've been a fan for a few years. The problem is that from the demo, Tri seems just as awesome as the others, I just lack the money to actually buy the game. Along with that I'd need a classic controller because I hate motion controls in a game like this, so I'd probably have to get that bundle. I do hope to get the money and get it soon, however!

Its good to have a slow paced game for a change.

This is actually something I don't really understand when people say it. I don't really see what anyone means by "slow paced" because I find myself having to act faster than any other game just so I can survive, that's not counting actually acting within the small windows to attack without getting myself hit in the process. Maybe I'm just misinterpreting the term "slow paced", I'm not sure.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I also bought the game because I read it was a good game for newcomers to the series (and most of the reviews said it was a good game). So far I enjoy exploring the world, but I still have to improve my monster hunters skills a lot >.>. I haven't tried the online feature yet.

Oh and for those who want to post their monster hunter IDs, feel free to share them along with your hunter name (and your own username here of course) in the Friendcodes Thread. I'll add them to the list :)

S

Slambofett

I got this game, I enjoy it, I have tried online and it is by far best online game for wii so you should really check it out. It is a slower paced game but compared to an mmo its quite fast. I think they found a good balance of pace for this type of game. Its not a super amazing game but it is one of the best out at the time.

zeldusfanaticus

im the puppet master
i has killed every offline monster, WOOT.
question for you players, Whats your favorite weapon class? i favor the long sword, always have; decent damage, good speed, wide attack range, godly spirit combos.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
I just got it as a gift from my insanely wealthy aunt, and so far my biggest complaint is WHERE IN THE NAME OF KOJI KONDO IS THE MUSIC, CAPCOM? It's just so blatantly missing given the engaging but honestly repetitive gameplay- I'm sitting there, waiting for the fish to bite, or for the Kelbi that only seem to have horns 3 percent of the time to respawn, and I'm thinking: hey, where's the music? Where's the lush orchestral soundtrack to accompany these epic landscapes? It's hard to ignore the silence that dogs you on long treks. Of course, I've only done like four quests, so maybe the other areas of the game will have some sort of soundtrack, but it's still really annoying.

Secondly are the nagging resemblances to MMOs- the grinding for resources, gold and armor, the quests that always fall into some pattern of "kill x enemies" or "kill enemy Y until it drops body part Z". Yahtzee put it best when he summarized it as "all of the worst parts of mummorpuguhs squished into a huge, gelatinous mass". But it's weird to see the developers claims- that it's an integral part of the Monster Hunter experience that really works all together- and then see those claims come totally true. I really really like Tri, despite always hating all of the grind and item management and quest annoyances every step of the way. It's probably the combat system, the monster AI, the slow but noticeable progression. Everything sort of works, in a twisted addicting way.

So yeah, it's sort of a paradox- it's simultaneously incredibly difficult to like, and almost impossible to not love. It's freaking weird and I'm really suspicious about the psychology of it all, but it ends up fun, somehow.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
i has killed every offline monster, WOOT.
question for you players, Whats your favorite weapon class? i favor the long sword, always have; decent damage, good speed, wide attack range, godly spirit combos.

i still havn't finished the offline mode. i'm a little bit stuck with the Urugaan boss battle.

I also like the long sword, same reasons what you said and it deals major damage.
Not to mention the long swords with the fire element. Fire element is strong against most monsters including bosses.

Yes i have done a little bit of research.
Here is a helpfull site (contains spoilers): http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_3

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
hey Oni you beat Urugaan yet, i would expect that you have. truth is i have not yet killed him, i just captured him.

Im having lots of diffuculty with some of the end-game urgent quests, any advice from anyone

Actually, i did beat him today. before that, i wanted to fully upgrade my Lagiacrus armor.
Finally i can fight the endboss. But before that, i'm busy gathering items to upgrade my weapons.

But tell me...
How in the world did you finished the last boss before the urgents without defeating the urugaan quest?
You HAVE to complete that quest first before you get the first urgent of the endboss.

Sasuke Uchiha

The Crimson Alchemist
Hey all; just got the new Monster Hunter Tri game last Friday and so far its pretty wicked. So I was wondering if any of you guys have got the game yet and if so, how far along the game are you?
Myself: Just finished killing a Great Jaggi and wonders how the H I'm gonna catch one for my next Mission.

S

Stilt-Man

I got it a week ago Friday, and am enjoying it immensely. The material farming gets a little tired, but the actual hunting is amazing -- learning their attack patterns, dealing with adds, and the real challenge of capturing the beasts, all while staying alive. There is definitely a sense of accomplishment when I see "Quest Complete" for the boss quests.

As far as progress goes, I was just given the Barroth quest, but didn't accept it yet (have to make some consumables and bombs first).

Good luck with the Great Jaggi. Believe it or not, they become VERY easy to deal with after awhile.

Sasuke Uchiha

The Crimson Alchemist
Okay, I just beat the Qucupelos or whatever he's called and now am trying to capture him. And congratulations on facing the Barroth! I've already killed him in the Arena, but haven't unlocked his Quest yet.
BTW, I've only played the game four times, so I haven't gotten that far yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom