• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Chrono Trigger

Kybyrian

Right, there is a Chrono Trigger DS thread, but that's for opinions and whatever on the remake and blah blah blah.

Anyway, how many of you have played it?

I absolutely love it. I went through it in a few hours, so it's sort of short I guess you can say, but it's really a fun game and truly awesome game. I beat it a few times and went on to New Game+.

If you get the Black Rock, White Rock, and Blue Rock(there might be others), then it makes some near the end of the game battles a lot easier, because they invoke a really powerful Triple Tech. Magus is a powerhouse when it comes to magic, so I'm glad I didn't fight him down at the North Cape.

There are actually 14 different endings, like when you die there's an ending when the world's destroyed and blah blah blah. Lavos is the big bad guy in this game. I actually played through to I guess you can say the true ending, as in I went through the Black Omen and beat Queen Zeal and all that.

You probably don't know what I'm blabbering about, but discuss anyway. :P

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
I've played a bit of it. Can't remember how far I've gotten not very from what I can remember.

I do plan on buying the DS remake. I could go for an RPG.

Kybyrian

Mmm, you'll love it if you play through the whole thing. I still haven't gotten all 14 endings, but I'm aiming too. Plus, I have the ultimate weapons for all the characters except for Marle, the Princess. :P

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
I've been wanting to play it but it is very expensive (and rare) on the used game market but I was hoping that Square would put it on the Virtual Console.

Kybyrian

Rare indeed, considering it is on the SNES also. I only know of one place around here that sells it, plus it's a local store only. I don't think there are any other remakes for it, are there? Just the DS one that's going to come out.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
Square put it on one of it's Playstation Anthologies a few years back and put in cutscenes and horrid load times.

Kybyrian

Probably isn't too good then, eh?

I saw one on eBay earlier with 4 days left and I think 2, 3, or 4 bids, and it was only at $7. If you're not one of those people who don't like to buy off of eBay or stuff like that anyway. SNES Cartridge that is.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
Ebay is too risky. You never quite know what you are going to get.

My local used game store has a copy for 60 bucks. Well at least in one of its other locations of the 5 possible in North dakota and I've got 32 some bucks in store credit. I may be tempted to pay up for the remaining 30 bucks.

Hmm, choices choices.

Kybyrian

Wow, 60 bucks? The only games I see for that much are Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 games. There's probably one in the local store I talked about about an hour away that's about 20 bucks or so. They sell 'em pretty cheap. :P

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Chrono Trigger is my favorite game of all time.
And I wanna own it... >.<
I don't htink you can buy anything to do with anything before gamecube anymore, so I wouldn't be able to get it (if I even had a Snes)....
My favorite ending is the "real" one, but not because it's real, but because I think it has the most feeling.

Kybyrian

They don't even sell Gamecube stuff anymore last time I checked every single store around here. Even the mall. :< And I wanted Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.

If you have some local stores that sell some earlier games, you can get them from there. We have on here that sells Sega stuff and SNES and everything else actually. They just don't sell much newer stuff.

Or eBay if you don't have such a store where you are.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Well, I don't have the money for a Snes and the game... well, I do, but I'm not spending that much.
Plus, I absolutely refuse to buy things over the internet.

Kybyrian

Yeah, a lot of people you meet don't like to buy things over the internet.

I remember a while back I bought my Nintendo 64(first one broke), and it only cost 100 bucks altogether, which really isn't that much if you think about it. It was like 60 or 70, or maybe 80 for the console and the extra for the console.

But I understand, not everybody can just go out and buy something for a hundred bucks.

D

Deleted member 121

I've beaten it quite a few times (20+) thats counting all the newgame +. One of the best games ever made in my opinion. I had the original cart but my brother took it when he moved out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom