• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
this is just a random thought, but (forgive me if there already is a badge/medal for this) what if people are given badges for being on zd for 10 yrs? Like they would still have to be active when you give them it. it was just a passing thought.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
this is just a random thought, but (forgive me if there already is a badge/medal for this) what if people are given badges for being on zd for 10 yrs? Like they would still have to be active when you give them it. it was just a passing thought.
Youre funny. Almost as funny as The Chicken

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
The Chicken.
He is a Legendary ZDer. He held every title there was at once. He is God Incarnate. He is known as Kyby or Wyatt. And he is the Holy Ghost to Mases' god and Axelthebeast's Jesus

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Dear Zelda.gov:

I don't really have a specific solution in mind, but I did want to bring attention to an issue we frequently have in the mafia section.

Often, when we invite players from outside the forum to play here, the 5 post minimum causes their posts to get stuck in the filter. I know it's not a huge amount of posts to have to make, but it can be fairly confusing for the guest players and makes it awkward to invite people to play here. I'm aware the filter serves an important purpose, but I'm not sure if there's a cleaner way to be handing this than having to tell people "oh hey, your posts might be getting blocked without you knowing and you have to figure out which sections you can post in 5 times to stop this from happening again".

This isn't a direct request for anyone in the staff to do anything about it, just an attempt to have some dialogue to see if there's anything you can do easily on your end or we can do easily on our end to make it cleaner when bringing new people in.

Thank you,
Love,
Yours truly,
Rubik, King of Lorule Lounge

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I think the five post idea is good cause it let's people contribute to the forum as this is a zelda forum not a mafia forum/Role-play forum. Now those things do have their place but without the posting quota it would take away from the forum a bit.

However I imagine a more thorough explanation would be beneficial for the posting requirements.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
then don't invite people here just to play mafia lol there are entire websites for that
Dear Mr. Flowerface,

The people who come here for mafia sometimes stay to do other things and by making the experience worse for them it does make them less likely to stick around. A lot of the people I really like on this site originally came here for mafia (ExLight, Sun Fan, etc) or mostly use this forum to play mafia (funnier6, Minish, etc) and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

I don't think it's unreasonable to want to consider possible ways to make the process less confusing like warning people about it using the automatic Jimmu welcome message or giving the mafia section mod or a staff member who is engaged in the mafia community either the ability to loan or to request loaning a new mafia player 5 posts until they manage to make them elsewhere in the forum naturally.

There have been multiple occasions where this restriction has hurt the sanctity of mafia games to a degree and I feel like it's a reasonable thing to be concerned about. I know it's easy to dismiss the concerns of a group that you're not a part of and have no interest in being a part of, but I don't see why it's wrong to at least want people to consider how to make things easier for these people.

The way mafia communities often function is by having people from other communities join games on their home site and by travelling to those other sites to play there. It's extremely common behavior and I don't think dismissing it categorically is healthy. The reality is that we have plenty of guest players and we host sanctioned crossover games and occasionally someone slips through the cracks and isn't warned about the post restriction because most forums don't have something like that in their mafia section.

I hope you have a lovely day.

Thanks,
I love you,
Sincerely,
Rubik

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

There isn't any automatic process which would award a medal to users who have been around for x amount of time unfortunately so I think this would be difficult to manage.

Dear Zelda.gov:

I don't really have a specific solution in mind, but I did want to bring attention to an issue we frequently have in the mafia section.

Often, when we invite players from outside the forum to play here, the 5 post minimum causes their posts to get stuck in the filter. I know it's not a huge amount of posts to have to make, but it can be fairly confusing for the guest players and makes it awkward to invite people to play here. I'm aware the filter serves an important purpose, but I'm not sure if there's a cleaner way to be handing this than having to tell people "oh hey, your posts might be getting blocked without you knowing and you have to figure out which sections you can post in 5 times to stop this from happening again".

This isn't a direct request for anyone in the staff to do anything about it, just an attempt to have some dialogue to see if there's anything you can do easily on your end or we can do easily on our end to make it cleaner when bringing new people in.

Thank you,
Love,
Yours truly,
Rubik, King of Lorule Lounge

I have the following notice plastered at the top of the forums for people who have made less than five posts:

Welcome to the forums, please note that your first five posts will include a check to prevent spam. Any posts including hyperlinks or other blacklisted words commonly used by spammers will need to be first approved by a moderator during this time (this may take some time). You will also not be able to create a poll until you have made five posts. Note that posts in certain forums such as Forum Games and Mafia do not contribute to post count and are therefore excluded from the five post requirement.

I just edited it slightly to now mention that posts in Mafia, Forum Games etc aren't included for clarity. I'll also go through and clarify which forums don't have post count enabled later today in each forum description on the index page.

I feel like going into much more detail about all the specific forums that are included and aren't included would be too much information to fit into a notice or welcome message. If you invite someone here to play Mafia I feel like a quick "hey you gotta just quickly make five posts in the General Discussion forum" coming from you would be better than some automatic message that people tend to ignore anyway. Perhaps the Mafia Mods can include a mention of this in the FAQ thread which also needs updating: https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/thre...g-mafia-index-glossary-faqs-discussion.56679/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom