• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will you be buying the Sword and Shield expansion pass?

@Spirit from the sounds of it, you don't have to have purchased the expansion in order to transfer the pokemon being added, so I guess indirectly they're not charging for that, but Pokemon Bank or Home or whatever costs money I'm sure. I haven't really been following it because its like A MAGICAL PHONE APP that isn't going to be compatible with my phone so I don't care.

It is true that you yourself won't have to buy the expansion to be able to trade the newly added Pokemon but someone will have to. So even if you could get away with just trading for them, someone will have had to buy the expansion so, to get them to be able to trade at all, money will still have to be exchanged for them.

Plus, I wonder how well trading with someone who didn't buy the DLC would go because the person without the DLC will have nothing that the other person doesn't already have... So i wonder what the point would be.

So yeah, you can get them without paying, but someone somewhere still has to, so still not going to wholly excuse it.

Last edited:

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
So they're charging the price of two full 3DS games for one sub-par Switch game?

hahahahahahhahaha

Oh wait they're serious let me laugh even harder

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

At least they have the wherewithal to partly reverse the Dexit issue, but there are still 100s missing.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Probably eventually, just like the game itself, which I didn't get for a month. I do like that it's DLC instead of a "new" game, even if it's a tad pricey compared to other DLC off the top of my head. I never ended up getting Ultra Sun/Moon simply because it definitely wasn't worth playing through basically the same game again for a small amount of new content.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
It is true that you yourself won't have to buy the expansion to be able to trade the newly added Pokemon but someone will have to. So even if you could get away with just trading for them, someone will have had to buy the expansion so, to get them to be able to trade at all, money will still have to be exchanged for them.

Plus, I wonder how well trading with someone who didn't buy the DLC would go because the person without the DLC will have nothing that the other person doesn't already have... So i wonder what the point would be.

So yeah, you can get them without paying, but someone somewhere still has to, so still not going to wholly excuse it.

I doubt unless they have good shinies to trade people would willingly trade over their DLC mon either shinies or perfect IV mon, it's bad now with stuff like Shiny Gigantamax or IV perfect Raids, i've seen a fair few peeps try n charge cash for it, so i'd imagine DLC mon would be in similar vein especially the legendaries n the like. Though Pokemon Home/Bank would allow people to snag alolan gen pokemon or any other bank compatible and bring em forth, that kinda leaves a big hole for cheaters as in each of those gens it's possible to create "legitimate" pokemon i think unless they bring an update out to scan for it they are gonna be unleashing hell.

They're actually charging more, at least in the UK.

If I were to buy two 3DS games it'd come to £70 (£35 each)

But with Sword or Shield (£55) and an expansion pass (£26.99), it's £81.99.

That's bloody ridiculous, i'm really glad i got my shield copy for £37 back when it released it was only £5 more than the 3DS ones in the end ^^

I honestly don't mind that they are bringing out an expansion pass, it's better to get that than a shoddily built version that'd "connect" the two games or worse something similar to USUM where a lil content gets added then sold on as a new game.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
The content looks enticing, and worth $30 most likely, but...
Do I have to buy both of them? I would like to buy just one that contains the legendaries I want most (Kyogre and Yveltal, mostly.) Otherwise, I'm glad they started doing DLC packs rather than rereleasing game reskins. I just think a singular payment of $30 is too much, I prefer being able to break it down and pick and choose, especially since I can get any pokemon I need for VGC from other players, so I don't need to be able to access them myself.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I usually don't buy the "second version" of any gen, so for me this is better and I'll probably get it. It doesn't fix all the problems however...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom