• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Want Zelda Wii To Be More "Hardcore" Than TP? Vote!

Do You Think Zelda Wii Should Be More "Hardcore" Than TP

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

• Don't Know

• Don't Care

• Total voters

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
In retrospect I thought TP was a little too casual. They still did a wonderful job and It's still in my top 3 Zelda games but it felt as if they were trying to train someone new to the series rather than create a brutal adventure game, which was probably the right thing to do since it was the first Zelda game on the Wii system. Now I want a Zelda that really tests what I know about the series. They don't have to make the puzzles near impossible to figure out, just don't skimp out on us, give us hundreds of little puzzles. Make the world HUGE and give us tons to do. TP felt casual in that it had a very linear story and the sidequests open up in a similar linear fashion. MM's sidequest selection seemed much greater than TP's and alot of them were available right off the bat (ex Clocktown Bank).

I want Zelda Wii to be huge and original, and less casual than the last game. and while that could mean a lot of different things, I think a lot of other fans agree. Doesn't have to be the darkest game yet or the hardest game yet just step up the game where TP did not.

I've heard complaints about
- Castle Town and how it could have been so much better
- the Twilight Realm and how people felt it should have been more than a dungeon
- and the Magic Armor, which wasn't very useful although it looked so dang cool!

if Zelda Wii could greatly Improve on all those aspects plus scrap a lot of the linearity outside of the main storyline than it would wreck TP in terms of being a more "hardcore" Zelda game.

So, do you think Zelda Wii should be less casual than TP or more casual, and why?
or maybe you don't know yet... anyway let ZD know what you think!

B

BGuffey

TP is for wiping crap.
Nintendo already said that the next Zelda for Wii will be more simplistic? Obviously they don't care what you want/think.

TP is for wiping crap.
Nintendo already said that the next Zelda for Wii will be more simplistic? Obviously they don't care what you want/think.

Adding on to what BGuffey said Midna was just holding your head the whole time. I want to see the dungeon's harder! Dont care if there is a lot of them or not. But just the game in general needs to be hard. Nintendo doesnt care about all the hard core gamers out there they just want to make money on the market!

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
TP is for wiping crap.

Is that a statement or a question? you should try and edit that so you don't sound so confused. and just because they said it would be more simplistic doesn't mean it can't have hardcore aspects, while some things may be easier this time around that doesnt mean they can't create a massive Zelda game that outdoes the last one. Also you are completely wrong in your last statement, Nintendo does care they just never show it, cause they don't have to, we buy their games anyway. If they didn't care they wouldn't make games at all, they would all just retire cause they are so freakin rich!

B

BGuffey

cause they don't have to, we buy their games anyway. If they didn't care they wouldn't make games at all

That's circular logic.
I think what you meant to say was.
They don't care because, regardless, you'll buy it anyway.

Nintendo does care. They've been trying to make games appeal to both audiences but they never knew how to, now with mario galaxy 2 out, there are a lot of hard places for the hardcore fan while adding help systems. Maybe they'll have a main story for the casual gamers and hardcore dungeons on the side for completionists. Well thats how I felt. I know galaxy 1 was a lot easier and a lot smaller of a game then the new one.

Nintendo is slowly learning how to please both audiences and its through trial and error. And just because its more simplistic, it could mean they are getting rid of confusing unneeded things so casual gamers can understand it better, thus allowing them to amp up difficulty because simple and difficult is great for both audiences. Complex and difficult is great for hardcore fans. Making it more simplistic might not be a bad thing.

But maybe im hopeful. IF zelda wii is as casual as TP then I will have given up hope...
Well, nintendo, show me your best.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The dungeons were indeed easy but to me the game wasn't less fun. Yes I also thought Clock Town was a bit boring. The only sidequests over there were Agitha, Thelma's bar and Jovani and the Talo Shop were you could buy things and the Goron with hot springwater. They should have added more things to it. The Dungeons weren't bad at all but like I said easy.

So yes I would like the new game to be more harder but also as enjoyable as TP was because to me it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom