• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Disappointed American Pokemon fans are asking President Trump to halt sales of Sword and Shield

Because of the controversy that GameFreak and The Pokemon Company have brought upon themselves in recent months regarding Pokemon Sword and Shield, some American fans have created a petition to have the sales of the games halted with the claim that S&S violate their consumer rights.

The full story can be found in the link below.

Though with S&S already available in Australia and less than 24 hours away from release for the rest of the world, the petition probably won't accomplish anything even if it does get enough signatures.

What do you think of this?

Do you think these people are serious and have a point or do you think that their petition is ridiculous?

Last edited:

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I think this is going a bit far...

I mean I hate the new games as much as the next guy but asking the government to restrict the sales of something because you don’t like it is ridiculous. I guarantee you that President Trump doesn’t give a hoot about Pokémon, and even if he did he constitutionally isn’t allowed to do that anyway.

Also your link doesn’t work...

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
These people are authoritarian arseholes. Government shouldn't interfere with the free market. Consumers should be able to decide for themselves what products it is they want and vote with their wallets as to what is good and what isn't.

If many want to spend their money on poor quality games from Pokémon then that is what the Pokémon team will likely produce.

That doesn't mean the entire gaming industry will be ruined. Those of us who like high quality games will put our money into other producers and therefore will be supporting the market for good games and good games will be produced as a result.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
These people are authoritarian arseholes. You shouldn't interfere with the free market. Consumers should be able to decide for themselves what products it is they want and vote with their wallets as to what is good and what isn't.

If many want to spend their money on poor quality games from Pokémon then that is what the Pokémon team will likely produce.

That doesn't mean the entire gaming industry will be ruined. Those of us who like high quality games will put our money into other producers and therefore will be supporting the market for good games and good games will be produced as a result.

You say this but 9/10 of those claiming to boycott it will still go back to buy it at a later date because of either peer pressure (i.e: my friends are all having fun with it so i should join in too) or because they think the pros out weigh the cons.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
You say this but 9/10 of those claiming to boycott it will still go back to buy it at a later date because of either peer pressure (i.e: my friends are all having fun with it so i should join in too) or because they think the pros out weigh the cons.

If a product is truly crap and people care enough they won't buy it. I know full well that most of these moaning people will buy the game. They don't care enough. They're weak willed and they will pay for it by contributing to the ruination of the franchise they claim to love.

But for those who are genuine about not supporting I am sure there are other turn based RPGs out there that are just as good for those people to financially contribute to.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
If a product is truly crap and people care enough they won't buy it. I know full well that most of these moaning people will buy the game. They don't care enough. They're weak willed and they will pay for it by contributing to the ruination of the franchise they claim to love.

But for those who are genuine about not supporting I am sure there are other turn based RPGs out there that are just as good for those people to financially contribute to.

I don't think there are many turn based RPGs that really match pokemon in terms of popularity or notoriety, you say if a product is truly crap no one will buy it, but it will still have a redeeming factor (as it inevitably does) to save it. Even if it didn't, people would still buy it to just say how bad it was.

To be quite honest most devs these days don't care enough themselves about the came hence they can just shift out ****ty games it's not just the consumer at the end of the day who balls it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom