• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Smash Bros Ultimate

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't know if I'm gonna like using Terry. He's very combo and command input heavy to get the most out of him and stuff like that is why I don't play other fighting games. I ain't about all that fluff, just give me dedicated buttons. I'll try him out but I definitely don't see myself liking him as much as Hero, or even Joker.

I was hoping Terry was gonna have his Fatal Cutie skin. Oh well.

GIVE ME WHAT I WANT SAKURAI!!
tumblr_or4kp8P5x61si5nv3o1_500.gif

That stream was worth being up to see, honestly. Watching Sakurai fanboy about 90s fighting games is so pure.

I really like the stage and I'm curious to see how that edge wall mechanic feels in action. I am glad Terry was added as one of our DLC fighters. I wasn't really against him or anything, but there's been a lot of ambivalence about him floating around and I think Sakurai did a great job this morning on selling him for that fourth spot. I'm very intrigued by the introduction of the back special--which I sort of saw coming the moment Sakurai specified his first side B as "when he is facing the opponent." It'll probably stay as something exclusive to Terry like how Ryu/Ken have the two final smashes, but it's still an interesting concept to see in Smash. I'm not sure if he'll be someone that will be easy for me to pick up and I likely won't play as him much due to my playstyle preferences, though. Good presentation; I enjoyed it.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Now that I've gotten some hands-on time with Terry, I can say for certain that I'm not a fan of how he plays. You really can't get the most out of him without all the command inputs, and I am not dexterous enough to pull them off on the fly. He is reminding me of why I don't play other fighting games. I like him better than, say, Ryu or Ken (who I don't like using at all), but he might be tied with Banjo for my disinterest.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I gotta say, that 45 minute presentation was kinda lame.... He spent 20 minutes on Terry which is understandable, but then another 10 minutes just playing his classic mode. Was that really necessary? Isn’t the whole point of classic mode to have each individual person discover each characters mode themselves?

Other than that there was very little for anyone who wasn’t an SNK fan. I mean, 50 entire songs is impressive, but I’ve never heard these songs in my life. I thought the mii costumes could’ve had something, but no, just more SNK.

Don't really enjoy Byleth. S/he doesn't suit the way i play, but s/he isn't awful, I prefer him/her to Ike and Robin for sure.

I guess I should rank the FE characters.

8. Ike
7. Robin
6. Chrom
5. Byleth
4. Marth
3. Lucina
2. Roy
1. Corrin

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I am REALLY loving Byleth. They are so much fun to use. Their reach more than makes up for their low mobility; so much so that I barely even notice. I've really clicked with them, more so than any of the other DLC fighters. Not surprising, tbh.

1. Byleth
2. Hero
3. Joker
4/5. Banjo/Terry

I haven't bought the pass yet, I'm trying to make a decision still... so I have no actual impressions of her apart from what I've seen. So that gives me the patch notes to sift theough. Looking through those, I am actually incredibly surprised that Byleth has received no adjustments in 8.0.0 after having five months of play behind him. A lot of characters got some really nice buffs though, and that's always welcome.

Both my mains got buffed, Marth specifically. I rely on aerials a lot so that made me happy that they got a similar treatment that Ridley's got in 4.0.0 I think it was? Ridley however, the damage buff actually broke his down B for some reason. It doesn't work properly in certain instances, and I hope it gets fixed soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom