• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How could The Legend of Zelda be oversaturated?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
What a time to be a Zelda fan!! The series made itself a smashing reinvention with 2017's Breath of the Wild. Now, two years later we have the amazing Link's Awakening Switch on our hands, as well as the prospect of Breath of the Wild's sequel. To top it all off - we just had Cadence of Hyrule!

That's not 'more than enough' Zelda, right?

The Super Mario series saw a massive saturation in the years 2009, 10, 11, 12 and 13, where we got 6 fully-fledged Mario games. Some people were sick of Mario by the time 3D World released.
At the same time, a lot of those games were - at least in my opinion - excellent. So why be sick of Mario when it's all good Mario.

Now, imagine 2021. Nintendo releases Breath of the Wild 2. We also have Tri Force Heroes 2, sure, nothing but a side track, that's nice :) ... then alongside that, Grezzo is making their own original 3D Zelda, while remaking the Oracle games, and Nintendo has also teased the next 3D entry beyond BotW2 .. we have a Zelda mobile game and a Zelda Maker coming to Switch.

Is it all fun and games? Sure! I .. hope.

Anyway, could you ever envision yourself being sick of Zelda, or being worried that there are too much Zelda coming out?

I'd probably only be worried if I knew incoming games were likely gonna suck.

Like if they announced 5 Zelda games and one was made by EA, or developers who are known for shoddy products.
Though I don't think Nintendo would ever let that happen.

As a life-long Zelda fan, the idea of a lot of games releasing consistently is still something of a novelty to me given that we've had six and eight year gaps between titles in the past.

I think right now Nintendo are doing well with have a couple of Zelda titles a year releasing from themselves and other devs like Koei Tecmo and Brace Yourself Games. We're also likely to get some more Switch ports and remakes.

In my mind ports and remakes of games I already liked are very welcome. My problem is when we get a new game and it sucks.

Nintendo ways value quality so even if Zelda did have multiple titles release every year I still don't think I'd get sick of it or be worried since they'd likely all be quality products...

Unless Nintendo start giving Zelda to the likes of Bethesda I'm not going to worry or get bored.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
At the same time, a lot of those games were - at least in my opinion - excellent. So why be sick of Mario when it's all good Mario.
b/c while those games weren't technically bad, there was much fatigue over the amount of games using the same/similar style from one another, in both aesthetics and how they play, I could very much say why be sick of the constant call of duties during that time if they also weren't technically bad [well except MW3]
even though 3d World for instance was a really solid game, it's release could just be summed up as "it's just another Mario game", and I wonder to how many people would that be the case for zelda

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It's already a yearly thing, sometimes we get more than 1 Zelda game in a year now. I'm not opposed yet, but if the quality of the games began to drop, then I would want this trend to end.

We also have Tri Force Heroes 2, sure, nothing but a side track, that's nice :) ... then alongside that, Grezzo is making their own original 3D Zelda, while remaking the Oracle games, and Nintendo has also teased the next 3D entry beyond BotW2 .. we have a Zelda mobile game and a Zelda Maker coming to Switch.
That's all hypothetical, right? TFH 2... yeah I'd be mad.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
No, not if Zelda becomes more and more open-worlded. The further I dig into the chronological order the lesser I like Zelda. I actually like the way this series is evolving.
Unlike Mario many new ideas are being inculcate in the service.
It is actually surprising that my fondness for Zelda is exactly as the Chronological order as far as I have played let's hope that continues ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom