• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

All twenty Zelda games on Switch?

I'm sure all of us would like every Canon Zelda title on Switch, and while it is a gamble of long odds that it will ever happen, I have noticed a couple of things recently that may point to the Switch being our best chance to have all twenty games on the system at once.

Firstly, BotW2 is coming to Switch and it'll be the 20th canon game in the series, we have BotW1 too, even though it began as a Wii U port.

Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword HD ports are also a very likely possibility.

Now, this is the odd thing I've noticed, there's a coincidence going on...

If we take the Nintendo Online Service into account then we have the first four Zelda games made in the series; The Legend of Zelda, Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past and the recently released remake of Link's Awakening.

If we were to get N64 games on NSO next year then we'd get Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask...

With Grezzo being Nintendo's remake donkeys and the NSO biding up a library, do you think it is possible we could get every Zelda game on Switch or a number very close to it?

Bonus question; will we get them in order, as we have been with the first four games?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I really hope we don't get all Zelda games on Switch for 2 reasons.

They'll have to remake some of the older ones and while they'll do a good job i don't really want to see another claydough link like we have in LA
Most of them if brought forward would undoubtedly be put on Ninty Online and to be quite honest i think it sucks high balls to have to pay for online service for a 2nd time

I'd be all for that, especially in cases like SS which can be redeemed by the Switch's control system. That said, some games will have to revamped in order to work, but a little effort is definitely worth the long term security.

The flow of time is cruel, things break and get lost over the years. Old school games and consoles will become more and more rare, which leaves many titles in danger of being forgotten.

Unless, of course, you argue that some of them are best left in the past...

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I'm trying to wrap my head around how PH and ST would work. it fit well on Wii U with the double screens but .. would they have to make it so it only works in ...no, wait a minute .. hmm?

I'm trying to wrap my head around how PH and ST would work. it fit well on Wii U with the double screens but .. would they have to make it so it only works in ...no, wait a minute .. hmm?

I'm good with just 18 Zelda games on Switch ;)

Actually TFH, FS and FSA can **** off too.

15 games on Switch :)

Though I didn't enjoy Minish Cap much either.......

Once I get my hands on the DS Zelda games, I would have 14 Zelda games for the New 2DS XL that I have...pretty much the ultimate Zelda console to have at this point. At this point if you have not gotten Zelda Four Swords Anniversary on the 3DS family, you would be out of luck and stuck at 13 possible Zelda games on the 3DS family of devices. I have played PH on the DS and I'm not so sure how PH would work on the Switch without a second screen and I can't speak for ST since I haven't played it yet...something I'm hoping to solve very soon.

The N64 classic games should be on Switch Online next year followed by the GBA classic games in 2021.

The BoTW sequel should be ready to go next year during the holiday launch window of the PS5 and XB2 unless it's spring 2021.

That means 2020 is going to have to see a Zelda game of some type. It would be WW, TP, or SS. The Switch is said to have a seven year shelf life at stores so that means 2022 and 2023 should see one of those three with a new Zelda game after the BoTW sequel coming out for the successor to the Switch in 2023 or 2024.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I'm good with just 18 Zelda games on Switch ;)

Actually TFH, FS and FSA can **** off too.

15 games on Switch :)

Though I didn't enjoy Minish Cap much either.......
I’m surprised you want SS on switch

But my problem with having all 20 games is that some games just aren’t made for the switch. Most notably the DS games and the multiplayer games. You would need a major overhaul of the DS games in order to make them work on switch (or any console other than DS or Wii U). I really don’t see Nintendo completely reworking those games when there are so many games more deserving of a remake. The multiplayer games are a little more likely because all they’d have to do is make them splitscreen and have the joycons be the separate controllers.

Chaosdrako

Open creative idealistic writer
If Nintendo were to release any or all Zelda games on Switch, it would be either of the following; NSO, remake, or separate collections. By separate collections, I mean Game bundles to their respective timelines. Power (Downfall), Wisdom (Adult), Courage (Child), and an origin collection.

I’m surprised you want SS on switch

But my problem with having all 20 games is that some games just aren’t made for the switch. Most notably the DS games and the multiplayer games. You would need a major overhaul of the DS games in order to make them work on switch (or any console other than DS or Wii U). I really don’t see Nintendo completely reworking those games when there are so many games more deserving of a remake. The multiplayer games are a little more likely because all they’d have to do is make them splitscreen and have the joycons be the separate controllers.

To be fair the DS games need reworked anyway because they sucked and are in desperate need of a massive retooling.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
To be fair the DS games need reworked anyway because they sucked and are in desperate need of a massive retooling.

PH and ST definately need a remake, i'd still enjoy seeing OOX come to switch but aside from that i think we'd be fine, i don't really see how SS would be a Switchable, not unless they released a motion con sensor or some such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom