• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Switch Link's Awakening (Swtich) is much better than BotW...

Link's Awakening (Swtich) is much better than BotW...

I agree. LA, along with OoX, I never got around to playing so this is my first time. It is much better, BotW just always felt empty and incomplete with very little feeling of progression. Considering how long it spent in development, it feels lazy as well. LA is very good though in contrast

I understand the preference for 2D Zelda games versus 3D Zelda games and now open world 3D Zelda games since I prefer the 2D Zelda games overall. The nice thing is that Zelda games are going to be good in 2D or 3D.

I'm hoping that the next 2D Zelda game is going to be more like BoTW unless you feel that A Link Across Worlds is that game. I think we are all overdue for a massive 2D Zelda game that dwarfs the size of games like LA and A Link To The Past/Across Worlds.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Releasing this game after BotW was the perfect move. LA is like the complete antithesis to BotW. They complement each other perfectly. I found myself playing a new save file of BotW along with LA and it just fits so perfectly together in terms of offering two different experiences on the Zelda spectrum.

As for me personally I prefer BotW by a country mile, but I can feel happy for everyone who thought BotW was a disappointment that they can get this game instead.

Reactions: Pen

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I see so many narrow-minded individuals in here. What's so wrong with the Zelda series experimenting a bit? So many good things come from it. Try to keep an open mind, fellows. ^^

They have experimented plenty of times while still making a game that actually resembled, played like, and felt like a Zelda game. Majoras Mask is easily the most different game in the series yet it still plays like a traditional Zelda game. BotW was literally just a game that was made to keep up with the current AAA trend of “open world.” I’m surprised it didn’t have a “battle royale” mode as well.

I mean, you still have a ton of... sandwiches left you could still play, and we just got a remake of a classic... sandwich.. released on Friday. I’m not big on this false comparison.

Right, at it’s core, the original Zelda was a dungeon crawler. Screw aLttP for taking the focus away from the dungeons and putting a lot of focus on overworld exploration. aLttP isn’t a true Zelda game, amirite fellas?

But we want a NEW “sandwich” not the same one we’ve “eaten” dozens of times. And LttP still had heavy focus on dungeons. Every Zelda has. While I don’t quite agree that Zelda 1 is a dungeon crawler per se, it definitely had a good mixture between them and overworld exploration.

pls don't call devs lazy

I’m perfectly willing to call whoever was responsible for the fishing in TP lazy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom