• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Switch Do you like the create a dungeon feature on LA for Switch?

It's a neat addition, but I think it's a bit lackluster. From what I understand, you build unique layouts using pre-made rooms from dungeons you've already done. You don't actually design your own rooms, which is what I would expect from a dungeon-designer feature. It's a bit disappointing if I'm being honest and I don't think it'll really add a ton in the long run.
I think that, depending on just how customizable it is, you can still get a lot of mileage out of something like this. If there's a vast pool of available rooms, and if you can switch things up like where keys and locked doors are placed, the sheer number of possible recombinant dungeons is pretty staggering. I'm really hoping they do this well... but you know... it would be even better if the features is well enough received to warrant a true Maker game...

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I've heard you can't share them online? If true, then the feature sounds completely and utterly pointless.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
I will now buy the game and make dungeons... I'll also play any that people make... provided it's not a boring kill everything in every room.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It's pretty cool in my opinion, but I feel like it's pretty limited and could get old quick. I think there needs to be a way to share the dungeons you made online, but nothing like that was mentioned. That's probably it's biggest flaw if it doesn't have a way to share them besides hsnding your Switch or controller over like they did at the Treehouse Live event.

Turns out you cant share created dungeons online. So if I want to share one I have to save it to an amiibo and post it to them with snail mail. LAME Nintendo. Would not even be hard to implement even a simple feature to send dungeons to friends on your friend list that have the game running, considering such creations would be minuscule in size compared to smm levels and smash stages I'd say this is extremely lazy of Nintendo.

Turns out you cant share created dungeons online. So if I want to share one I have to save it to an amiibo and post it to them with snail mail. LAME Nintendo. Would not even be hard to implement even a simple feature to send dungeons to friends on your friend list that have the game running, considering such creations would be minuscule in size compared to smm levels and smash stages I'd say this is extremely lazy of Nintendo.
Very disappointing that you can't share dungeons with friends on your friends list. I would loved to try some of the dungeons that were created by my friends. I agree with everything you are saying. Hopefully in the future this changes but for now for the choice you made...Boo Nintendo!

It's a neat addition, but I think it's a bit lackluster. From what I understand, you build unique layouts using pre-made rooms from dungeons you've already done. You don't actually design your own rooms, which is what I would expect from a dungeon-designer feature. It's a bit disappointing if I'm being honest and I don't think it'll really add a ton in the long run.

To each their own though. I personally feel like it's not enough of a unique feature and think it's dumb that you can't actually create original dungeon room designs, but I know many people are happy with it and I can get behind them at least adding something new to the game even if that thing isn't technically new at all.

It looks a little half baked unfortunately, If they expand on it to make it more flexible I'll be happy.

I think it’s a good start for something, but not much else. I’d like to see this concept expanded on and reintroduced in a later title (if not maybe a standalone dungeon maker title, which is something a looooot of people here would like and have wanted including myself). But yeah, good introduction to the idea and testing of waters, hope they expand on this later.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
It's kinda enjoyable. I actually have good fun arranging, it's like a puzzle in some ways, and making it all come together feels satisfying. However the act of playing through them is super soggy imo, especially since you have to fight the same bosses over and over, and the rewards feel minuscule

Quin

Disaster Master
good idea, outright terrible execution to the point the game would be better without it. the bull**** amiibo unlocks don't help it either. No online is the biggest deal breaker though
Is it just me, or are you unable to link staircases to eachother yourself and your just at mercy on that the game links them how you want to? for a mode that has a little bit of effort behind it, this is a pretty huge oversight.

Is it just me, or are you unable to link staircases to eachother yourself and your just at mercy on that the game links them how you want to?
I think there is some logic to how the staircases are linked, I just have not figured it out yet lol

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
good idea, outright terrible execution to the point the game would be better without it. the bull**** amiibo unlocks don't help it either. No online is the biggest deal breaker though
Is it just me, or are you unable to link staircases to eachother yourself and your just at mercy on that the game links them how you want to? for a mode that has a little bit of effort behind it, this is a pretty huge oversight.
I think there is some logic to how the staircases are linked, I just have not figured it out yet lol
Staircases are linked together by proximity. Two that are close together will automatically be linked together. It's unfortunate that you can't designate this yourself.

I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. No online sharing is a bummer, but I am having a blast putting them together and exploring them. It gives me something to look forward to each time I complete a dungeon rather than just backtracking for heart pieces and treasure I already know about and just couldn't get without an item.

I actually REALLY think it's a great addition for the game and I'm hopeful that Nintendo hears the positive feedback. It hasn't been perfect, but it's an awesome start and it is definitely something I hope to see expanded upon in the future. It's the first ittiration and therefore in my mind didn't need to be perfect or even great. It just needed to get the ball rolling.

I am very hopeful for what this will mean for Zelda Dungeon makers in the future. I think it's a concept that should be revisited and expanded upon. Especially if we could do it in 3D games haha!

This dungeon maker is something that is growing on me. This might be somewhat a preview of what to expect in BoTW 2 but I'm thinking the next 2D Zelda game will be the Zelda maker...preferably the remake of both Oracle games packed in one game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom