• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What’s next?

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
So I’ve beaten the first real Zelda game on switch (Links Awakening) and I’ve been wondering what we’re likely to see next in terms of remakes/ports. Of course there are the obvious contenders - SSHD, a port of WWHD and TPHD - but what else could we see?

Personally I would love to see the first 2 games remade. It’s kinda hard to believe we haven’t had them remade yet, the closest we had was a port to gba. It’s a real shame because the rest of the series seems to forget about them aside from the occasional “it’s a secret to everyone” quote some NPCs in later titles say. Personally I think Zelda 2 would be a better remake. Don’t get me wrong, Zelda 1 is definitely a better game, but I think Zelda 2 has much more remake potential then Zelda 1. I can’t really think of any way to improve Zelda 1 without drastically changing the game to the point where you might as well call it a new game. But there are tons of things you could do to Zelda 2.

The oracle games are also up there, seeing as how they had the exact same art style and engine as LA it would be incredibly easy to do, not to mention that it would make the connectivity between the two so much easier. Unlike the first two games, the oracle games haven’t been ported over yet, so I think we actually have a decent chance at getting them.

Aside from the sequel to BotW, I could definitely see the Oracles being remade in the new Link's Awakening art style as you mentioned. I think there will also be a coop Zelda game of some kind. Nintendo has already done 4 player and 3 player coop before so I expect a 2 player game to make use of the joycons on a single system. Skyward Sword HD will probably happen for the game's 10th anniversary in 2021.

The Oracles don't use the same artstyle as LA remake. Engine, sure. Not art style.

If we're gonna get more remakes of older games then... To be honest I don't care. I haven't truly enjoyed a 2D game since the original Link's Awakening, so whatever 2D game they remake I wouldn't really care.

Oracles were okay, Minish Cap was tacky and annoying, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were just crap. ALttP is awesome but ALBW exists...

An Adventure of Link remake would probably be the one I'd come down on but I'd only really feel it'd work well if they pretty much just reskinned Odinsphere.

So AOL I suppose, in the Odinsphere engine.

I'd rather see a completely new side scrolling Zelda than a AoL remake, it's a good game, but I just don't see the need. Just port it instead.

Now at first, I wasn't on board for an SS remake, but now I'm thinking proper controls could redeem the original, since the Wii controls were the main flaw in the first place.

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
I hope they never redo the first 2 Zelda games.
Let it become a myth, a legend, a hallmark of the series...that they just kept the gold gems as they are.

If I were a betting man, I would probably say that SSHD is the most likely next game to be remade in 2021. Nintendo has put a ton of remakes out there, but typically space them out every 1-2 years before releasing a new one on a particular console. For example think gaps between OoT 3D and MM3D, and then WWHD and TPHD respectively.

That being said, I am hopeful that were they to remake the Oracle games I do hope they use a different style than LA. I recognize what people are saying with the originals looking similar, but I do not think that means that the remakes need to. I love the new look of LA but I think it's a look that really only fits LA. It's a very unique game deserving of it's own style.

Quin

Disaster Master
I'm kinda getting sick of all those remasters and stuff, I don't get why people want them so much. Give me a new 2D zelda.

I also kinda doubt they are touching the Capcom Zelda games, a zelda 2 remaster/remake seems more likely

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
If I were a betting man, I would probably say that SSHD is the most likely next game to be remade in 2021.

I actually thought about it a bit and I really think that they’re gonna wait to remake Skyward Sword until Zeldas next major anniversary, given how the original was a celebration of the 25th anniversary. I wouldn’t be surprised if they waited as late as 2026 for a remake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom