• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrulean Lifespans

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
There are many races that inhabit the kingdom of Hyrule each with there own unique traits and before a certain other thread goes off, one such trait we will be discussing is lifespan. Until Breath of the Wild we really had no indication on how long the different races lived, but now we have a clearer picture.

Hylians seem to live no more than an ordinary human of our world as the elderly Hylians all seem to have been born after the calamity as none of them talk as though they were there.

Zoras live well past 100 years as we see a number of elderly zora who still remember Link and Mipha, namely Muzu who like his peers still hold a grudge against Link.

Sheikah seem to be about the same as Hylians though there are a few exceptions such as Impa and Robbie and maybe Purah depending on how old she was before her de-aging rune mishap.

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Let us not forget the Gorons. They appear to have short lifespans. The elderly leader of the Gorons does not appear to ever have known Daruk personally and Yunobo refers to Daruk as his ancestor. Its not typical to refer to your grandad or great grandad as such.

King Dorephan must also be well over 100 to have fathered Mipha. And he looks great for his age.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Let us not forget the Gorons. They appear to have short lifespans. The elderly leader of the Gorons does not appear to ever have known Daruk personally and Yunobo refers to Daruk as his ancestor. Its not typical to refer to your grandad or great grandad as such.

King Dorephan must also be well over 100 to have fathered Mipha. And he looks great for his age.
I don't think Gorons have short lifespans. when Yunobo sees Daruk he waves at him which indicates that he knew him personally
I'm not clear about the lifespans of the Gerudos though.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Just regarding the grandad or great grandad point, it wouldn't need a short lifespan to explain this. Daruk would have already had offspring, and if we assume that they are ready to reproduce at around age 20 that's still a potential 5 generations down before reaching Yunobo depending on how old Daruk's kids already were.

That said, this doesn't disregard the point either. The elder Gordon is certainly an aspect that needs to be clarified if we're to reach a conclusion.
So yer sayin that the Gorons reproduce faster and live longer, right?
This is possible as Gorons reproduce asexually.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't think Gorons have short lifespans. when Yunobo sees Daruk he waves at him which indicates that he knew him personally
I'm not clear about the lifespans of the Gerudos though.
Everyone knows the face of Daruk as it is carved onto a mountain. The Goron elder however in his old age does still not claim to personally have known Daruk and his speech implies Daruk was before his time which means he is less than 100 years old. He is the oldest Goron and if he is less than 100 I assume that Gorons just don't normally live that long.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Hylians seems to live about 100 years, considering most hylians in BOTW don't recall the day the calamity occured, Shiekah seem to just shrink as they age until a unspecified point then turn into corpsemummies, they certainly live for longer than a 100 years by going off Impa, Robbie and Purah.

Rito seem to have the some of the shortest lives, which kinda makes sense as birds in Real life don't life for much more than 20 years, depending on species though they might live longer (we've yet to see a parrot Rito)

Gorons seem the shortest lived which would make sense as they are living rock and would probably wear down in time, not all of then have Yunobo's Skill after all.

Zoras seem overall the longest lived they certainly live beyond 100 years which again for some species of fish seems to work, though how manta ray or hammerhead shark ones live i'm not sure

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Rito seem to have the some of the shortest lives, which kinda makes sense as birds in Real life don't life for much more than 20 years, depending on species though they might live longer (we've yet to see a parrot Rito)
Kass is a Parrot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom