• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
Oh yeah, the extension. I've been playing so much 48 that 72 hours feels super slow but if everyone still hasn't checked in by eod I'm down for extending it.

Silverfish: Called out original All Might, then took it back and town read him before he flipped 3rd? (I think that's what he was?) Seems to hold Laurentus very highly and has left him as Null, possibly assisting with a scummy stall tactic until he returns, but that's a stretch. Seems very nervous and made a point of how many games he's played, not liking this as it feels like a mercy play. Town read All Might, then voted for him afterwards with little to no reasoning. You are my top scum read.
That's fair. I do hold Lau highly because he was the first one I watched play Mafia, and was in the first game I ever played. He has helped me a decent amount, whether he knows it or not.
I townread original All Might because I thought I had found his breadcrumbing. I was wrong. I voted for him because I wanted to make sure that the wagon couldn't last minute flip. Idiot insurance more than anything.
I'm glad I was wrong and it has lead me to question several of my other reads.

Funnygurl is the biggest change in my books. After almost dying D1, she made a few posts that I found concerning. Namely this one:
i've been mindmelding with minish so i think they're fine for now
Granted, this could just be that she agrees with Minish on stuff, but I'm reading this as they talked somehow. Could be taking this very wrong though. I'd like to hear from her today before voting her.

dead players subbing back in is frustrating as mafia because sometimes you want to kill a player because they're a strong town player and then when you kill them they just come back anyways so its like you made a mistake in killing them. As town i don't particularly care about dead players subbing back in, but it does make it a little harder to read them and can make things confusing if i mix up when they posted certain things.

I'm against it on principle because its annoying when i'm scum, but i don't know whether or not i prefer modkilling to it. depends on the setup, probably.
Ragnarokio still reads scum, and this post backs it up a bit in my mind. He keeps coming back to scum, and then seems to have an "oh shoot, gotta keep up the act" moment and throws town in there. I could be seeing what isn't really there, who knows.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Like Rubik, I'm pressed for time and have some family activities planned so don't expect my posting to pick up until Tuesday at the earliest. That said:

Vote: Extension
hello yes it is I, Sunfan
pls stop subbing in dead people into games tyty
How about no? Gotta keep the larger games active so that they don't go stale.

I think subbing lynched/NKed players in twice should be the limit though. As one of the section mods, I wouldn't mind enforcing this as a guideline. Depends on the setup, though.

Also, let's kill All Might again. Wouldn't that be funny? (This is a half joke based purely on my suspicion of Hero d1).
Looks like you're pretty set on doing that anyway.

Because he replaced Hero and I think Hero is scum. Gave my reasoning d1, I'll find the quote in a bit.
Can't speak for Hero's D1 activity as I'd have to look back on his posts, but you're going down the wrong rabbit hole. Besides, my right hand wouldn't be so forgiving; it can be temperamental.

Hello all, give me a little bit to catch up and I'll throw in my two cents.
Welcome back, friend!

can you please see me as a real man
View attachment 40246
EXOSPLOSION!

---

Vote: Silverfish

Silver strikes me as the type of mafioso who lays low and plays it safe. Out of everyone Yesterday, he changed his stances numerous times and sheeped on both the FG lynch and mine. He claims it was "idiot insurance" in the above post, but I believe Minish had already sealed the deal beforehand so his vote was overkill. Overall, I find his flip-flopping to make him a worthy candidate.

Note: This isn't OMGUS, he just sticks out the most to me.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
DekuNut: He's been catching up for two game days now and has yet to give his thoughts outside of openly being okay with offing funnier and asking for an extension. Post a reads list or something please.
Well now that you asked i'm not going to
*crosses arms defiantly*

Besides, a current reads list would require me acrually having caught up, which, as most people will tell you, takes forever for me. Especially when I'm spending a weekend with family.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Besides, my right hand wouldn't be so forgiving; it can be temperamental.
o///o
Btw, well, now that's a better soft.
All Might looks fine for me atm. The character he's hinting isn't the definition of Towny but I don't think he's scum.

EXOSPLOSION!
:`v`:

I had something to reply to. I don't like posting for the sake of posting. I tried that D1 for whatever reason. It backfired spectacularly.
Tried what? Posting for the sake of posting? Shouldn't you be glad it 'backfired'? :suspicious:
Discussion can always bring scum to the surface. Why do you feel like it backfired? Who do you feel like it's trying to corner you?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
do we even have any reasons to lynch her tbh
or is it just continuing what we started during D1?

I agree with Minish, I'm getting town vibes from FG
although I wish she were here to defend herself
@Funnygurl555
I feel like lynching funnier now is a waste of time tbh, there's no real reason to suspect his claim.
If anyone else is a third party, please claim alignment now.

While we wait for that, which might never happen, I feel like we should focus on pinpoint another scum. I think we have enough info D1 to filter a few people. For now I'm fine with applying some pressure on FG.

Vote: funnygurl555

These two posts seem like pretty big contradictions. You're pressuring someone you feel is town? After she was already pressured yesterday so you could see how she reacted then.

Do you have any scum leans of your own?

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I'll change my subvote since this Day Phase seems to be going really slowly.
Vote: Extension

These two posts seem like pretty big contradictions. You're pressuring someone you feel is town? After she was already pressured yesterday so you could see how she reacted then.
They aren't. I can see someone as Towny and still want them to talk to see if my impression is correct.

Not sure if I understood that last bit tho. :suspicious:
I felt like putting another could encourage her to talk.

Do you have any scum leans of your own?
Nothing really pinging me.
Rag and Silver come off as null-scummy but I don't think I have anything specific on them.
Funnier could be lying about his alignment, but I already asked for another third parties to claim to verify that, so not sure what else can be done.
Most of other players are somewhat null-towny.

What about you? Any scum leans?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Not sure if I understood that last bit tho. :suspicious:
I felt like putting another could encourage her to talk.

The last bit was saying that she got a lot of pressure votes d1 (so much to make her a leading wagon for a while). So I was wondering what makes you think she would react any different to pressure than she did d1.

Nothing really pinging me.
Rag and Silver come off as null-scummy but I don't think I have anything specific on them.
Funnier could be lying about his alignment, but I already asked for another third parties to claim to verify that, so not sure what else can be done.
Most of other players are somewhat null-towny.

What about you? Any scum leans?

What about Rag feels scummy to you? I know you said you don't have anything specific, but something must be causing those scummy vibes.

All Might (Hero) is my main. Silver I can see scummy things from but it's also hard to read in the context that he's fairly new and this is a large game with people he doesn't know well.

Other than that, most everyone who has posted today I feel okay about so I don't really have any new suspicions from d1.

Actually, I haven't really looked into the votes at eod to see if they might tell anything.

All Might - 7 (Ragnarokio, Funnygurl555, ExLight, Morbid Minish, The Sun Fan, Rubik, Silverfish)

So the All Might wagon I'm going to treat as if he were town (because he might as well have been to scum). Rag, FG, Ex, and Rubik I feel good about. Previous version of me flipped town. That leaves Sunfan and Silver. I haven't felt anything too odd from Sunfan, but he's not super towny to me. If I had to look into the 4 I feel good about I'd say I'm least sure on Rubik and FG. Sunfan broke the tie so that looks fairly good. Unless he and FG are scum together. Which is a possibility, but not one I'd feel great on betting on. Rubik made it harder to make FG a tie again.

Hmm, FG's flip could actually reveal quite a bit of info. But it's hard for me because I think she's town.

Rubik I need to look into his eod a little more. I doubt that whole wagon is all townies, so I need to reevaluate somewhere.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I switched from FG to All Might in like the last 20 minutes of day to prevent a tie before driving home from work.

I wasn't about to let someone tie the wagon at the last minute.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I'm townreading silverfish because i don't think mafia would feel like last-minute voting someone they thought was town who was going to be lynched anyways and because i believe that they're scumreading me since if they wanted to just have a scumread on someone they'd probably pick someone easier to build a viable seeming case on.

Rubik's vote felt sort of forced to me so i was sus of him at the time but i guess it was because he wanted to prevent a tie so i'll treat that as null. He looks kind of bad if FG is scum.

Sun Fan is a strong candidate if FG ends up being scum. His vote was decisive so i'll want to read more into it.

Minish flipped town so idrc about her

I feel like exlight's reasons for voting allmight were vague but i haven't reread the day yet.

@ExLight: Why did you vote allmight yesterday?

idk about funnygurl

@SMS: why did you keep your vote on FG ultimately?

I have limited time today but will be free for a decent period tomorrow and all of the following two days. This is more or less a first impression reads list.

Doc/Minish: Doc's absence until provoked by pressure votes is somewhat common for him, but I've previously played a scum game alongside him and he did the same thing. We can't go tossing him town cred just yet. Not to mention he claimed he would give us his thoughts and he seemed to stall until he was eventually replaced by the new Minish. I personally don't like that, but Minish seems to be playing as she did previously and has not contradicted her previous thoughts. Town lean for now.

Hero of Time/All Might: Hero kept the game flowing by @ing quite often, and left a reads list before his departure from the game. However in his list he wasn't very decisive on anyone by claiming nearly everyone as Null or a slight -ish read. All Might is more than capable of manipulating an Anime game as he did before in MHA. In fact I believe he did so recently as his former self on D1. Obviously I cant hold this against him under a new role, so I'll be keeping an eye on him. Null at the moment.

DekuNut: He's been catching up for two game days now and has yet to give his thoughts outside of openly being okay with offing funnier and asking for an extension. Post a reads list or something please.

Calvin: He's more or less been uttering casual chatter about the game but nothing very definitive. I'd like more from you, this "rainbow" post for example.

LG: They made a reads post very early on and mostly town cleared a handful of people stating that they would not lynch them that day, not very clear why they think so. I always have a tough time reading them so I'll put them on the backburner for now.

Silverfish: Called out original All Might, then took it back and town read him before he flipped 3rd? (I think that's what he was?) Seems to hold Laurentus very highly and has left him as Null, possibly assisting with a scummy stall tactic until he returns, but that's a stretch. Seems very nervous and made a point of how many games he's played, not liking this as it feels like a mercy play. Town read All Might, then voted for him afterwards with little to no reasoning. You are my top scum read.

Laurentus: Too early to say due to their temporary departure.

Ragnarokio: Seems to share the same thoughts as me in terms of scum reads, applies pressure often and stays active. Town read for now.

FG: Never played with her before and her posts have me confused on various points. Seems to be defending formerly foreign players, perhaps people she knows better, rather than new faces? Unsure. I find Silverfish scummy and she defends them. I suppose I wont have a decent feel for her until one of them flips.

Ran out of time before I could finish the rest, those that aren't listed are not safe or town read whatsoever, they're just too complicated for me to get results for atm. Will continue this once I get time. For the time being however, I will throw a knife at the most likely scum.

Vote: Silverfish

Continuing on...

funnier: The most frustrating to read on the entire forum, which is a compliment. Seems to be spending most of his time bickering with Rubik which is nothing new. Appears to have randomly picked Ex as his first pressure target while saying that they're a good start, why is that? I genuinely hope it wasn't just because they pondered the ratio of town to scum. Seems to constantly be hinting that he does not possess a killing role, though through past experience I know scum funny is very skilled at escaping a situation after the tiniest slip of information is leaked, such as the BOTW game. Switched focus to Doc, but then back to Ex without much reason asides the very early ratio post, was he always this aggressively focused on one person? Attacked/Pressured Ex non stop to almost tunneling levels, then just Town's him suddenly assuming he is a distraction. I also feel his reads list is way off the mark as he had former All Might town read (and claimed he was the "towniest" before he flipped far from, and didn't question anyone else at all but just threw names randomly into Town/Null/Scum reads. Claims that he targeted Rubik in a non violent way last night. Reacted to his own name as a scum lean before anything else in a reads list which is a scum tell to me. Still too early to tell, but scum lean.

SMS: Seems to be rather focused on FG, I feel I have a specific way of noticing whether or not SMS is scum, but I'll need at least one more day to put that into a report (no that isn't a soft).

Sun Fan: I've only played one game with him and it didn't turn out well, I think it was his ZD debut? I think a fair few people remember the outcome of that game and where this is going as it was my last game, so I'll leave it there as to not drag up the past any further. As for this game he seems focused on funnier for now. I'll need more time to get anything close to a read on this one.

Exlight: Everyone's favorite target. I personally don't see anything wrong with them other than being unsure of this games town to scum ratio which isn't a scum tell, I could be horribly wrong though as I've never played with them before. Is very active and I agree with most of their thoughts. @ExLight I'll leave the answers unanswered and my meta for others to tell or for you to fill in as you go.

Rubik: STOP POSTING! You are so hard to keep up with. Bickering with funnier which is normal, however he is usually very serious and analytical vs his goofy comical side this time. Perhaps a soft, maybe overreading this. I'm not getting a solid read on him as it's currently all over the place. He listed a character he thinks funnier is, and said character is supposedly part of a mafia in their anime. I don't think funnier would throw himself out in the open like that, and it's odd that Rubik protected him by warning him not to claim it when he obviously wouldn't.

As a final note, I am strongly against asking someone what their anime is as the scum team definitely already have fake names set for that purpose. That does not mean that I will not reveal if asked, but I don't see it helping.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
@SMS: why did you keep your vote on FG ultimately?
The All Might wagon got so deep that joining it made no sense anyway. I still don't know what to think about FG today, and I would prefer that she speak up more. I was a bit suspicious of Hero yesterday. I think All Might's soft is convenient for him, like I mentioned earlier, so I'm not opposed to his lynch today.

I should look back at the original Anime Mafia, but wasn't it pointed out earlier that aside from there being lovers, there weren't two characters from the same anime in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom