• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Heights of LoZ characters?

Link from botw and SS are not the same height!
In SS Link is way shorter .you could notice that when he talks to Groose ,Owlan,Stritch etc.

In Skyward Sword, I'd say he's the same height as OoT Link. Like 5'7. Maybe 5'8. Twlight Princess Link seems taller though. Maybe it's because of his slender physique.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
There's not much of a way to tell unless we got some kind of measuring stick or something we absolutely know the height of.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Coincidence or not, if we consider Link to be 160 cm, the Gerudo gal will be 230 cm. While if we consider Link to be 170 cm in the screenshots I've taken, Ganondorf will be 244 cm.
Perhaps the Gerudo just highball to 8 feet for the sake of joke. It wouldn't be that fun if she was specific (7'5 feet). Or "Ganondorf 230 cm" is just a concept thing, and he had his height enhanced at the final product.

Indeed, I just considered the literal statement. The "refuting" argument is perfect. It would be great if we had someone to translate the japanese version, to see if she actually says her height, and if the value matches.

Riju guard is even crazier... High tier!

View attachment 40124

Link: 603 pixels = 170 cm
Buliara: 1040 pixels = 293 cm or 9'1

Even considering scenario A, the lowest available, she's almost 3 meters tall. In C she would easilly tower Demise.
Well there is one thing I am pretty sure of but if you could work it out for reals that would be great. It's that the character model for Ganondorf before the 7 year time jump and also Phantom Ganon (who uses the same model) are smaller than the Ganondorf we see in the final battle.

That Buliara is huge, the height difference between her and Link seems to be similar to that of the difference between TP link and TP Ganondorf.

Sesshowmall

Height Scaler
Link from botw and SS are not the same height!
In SS Link is way shorter .you could notice that when he talks to Groose ,Owlan,Stritch etc.
SS Link may be shorter, we don't know for sure, but this is not exactly an argument, since we also don't know Groose or Owlan official heights.

This also bugs me:

"Adult" Link compares to Child Link near average Gorons and Zoras. Perhaps in the thousands of years between OoT and TP hylians evolved to be more HOBBIT-like and TP Link is indeed supposed to be around 4'5 tall. Different from dwarves, hobbits have body proportions similar to a regular human, just in a smaller scale.

Sesshowmall

Height Scaler
Well there is one thing I am pretty sure of but if you could work it out for reals that would be great. It's that the character model for Ganondorf before the 7 year time jump and also Phantom Ganon (who uses the same model) are smaller than the Ganondorf we see in the final battle.

That Buliara is huge, the height difference between her and Link seems to be similar to that of the difference between TP link and TP Ganondorf.

They seem pretty much the same to me here.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
View attachment 40202

They seem pretty much the same to me here.
Hmm, that's interesting. Phantom Ganon looks very small compared to Ganondorf
ocarina-of-time-3d-phantom-ganon.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

So I’ve read this whole thread and was wondering what is the best estimate of Links’s height in OoT and TP? And what do you use to determine this? I’d appreciate an answer!

So I’ve read this whole thread and was wondering what is the best estimate of Links’s height in OoT and TP? And what do you use to determine this? I’d appreciate an answer!

OoT Link's height can be defined using the diving scale at the Lakeside Laboratory at Lake Hylia. With iron boots and the Zora Tunic equipped, we can measure Link's stature at the 1.7m mark which corresponds to 5'7. As for TP Link, I'm not sure to be honest but I would expect his height to be similar to OoT Link, maybe an inch taller.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
SS Link may be shorter, we don't know for sure, but this is not exactly an argument, since we also don't know Groose or Owlan official heights.

This also bugs me:
View attachment 40201

"Adult" Link compares to Child Link near average Gorons and Zoras. Perhaps in the thousands of years between OoT and TP hylians evolved to be more HOBBIT-like and TP Link is indeed supposed to be around 4'5 tall. Different from dwarves, hobbits have body proportions similar to a regular human, just in a smaller scale.

I think it’s less that Hylians got smaller and more like gorons/zoras got taller.

Sesshowmall

Height Scaler
It's the exact same ratio as TP Link-Ganondorf. If Ganondorf height was indeed retconned since Twilight Princess (not 7'7 anymore), I think he'll be around Buliara size (9' to 10') in BotW2.

Lm
OoT Link's height can be defined using the diving scale at the Lakeside Laboratory at Lake Hylia. With iron boots and the Zora Tunic equipped, we can measure Link's stature at the 1.7m mark which corresponds to 5'7. As for TP Link, I'm not sure to be honest but I would expect his height to be similar to OoT Link, maybe an inch taller.
so he’s roughly 5’7 and not 5’2-5-3?

Sesshowmall

Height Scaler
There are TWO scenarios that contradict each other:

In the FIRST OoT Link is 5'7 or 1.7 m tall according to the Lakeside Laboratory Scale.

Applying this value to the screenshot, Ganondorf is exactly 8' or 2.44 m tall.

HOWEVER... in the SECOND scenario Hyrule Historia claims Ganondorf to be 7'7 or 2.3 m tall.

Comparing the models above, that would reduce OoT Link size to 1.6 m or 5'3.
It's a PARADOX, both sources are official in their own way but they can't coexist.

TWILIGHT PRINCESS

Scenario 1: Ganondorf is 8'. TP Link is 4'8 or 1.43 m tall.

Scenario 2: Ganondorf is 7'7. TP Link is 4'5 or 1.35 m tall.

If we RETCON Ganondorf and consider TP Link to follow OoT heights, that would change things as well.

Scenario 1: TP Link is 5'7. Ganondorf is 9'6 or 2.9 m tall.

Scenario 2: TP Link is 5'3. Ganondorf is 8'11 or 2.73 m tall.

And that brings another PARADOX: TP Link is shorter than OoT Link or TP Ganondorf is taller than OoT Ganondorf? :shrug:

Last edited:
Thank you for a clear and in depth explanation. I really appreciate it! I ask because I’m a small male and I stand at approximately 5’3, so I’m in some sense as tiny as our hero lol. Also, I never questioned how tall Link was until I revisited my favorites(OOT/TP) and didn’t realize how tiny he seemed.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
TP Link is a shorty

Edit. I remembered I have a Skyward Sword Link figma
Figma figures typically scale 1/12
SS Link is about 13.3cm which when fully scaled becomes 159.6cm or 5' 2.8"
Just shy of 5'3
Makes me wonder if the TP figure works as well?

Last edited:

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
There are TWO scenarios that contradict each other:

In the FIRST OoT Link is 5'7 or 1.7 m tall according to the Lakeside Laboratory Scale.
View attachment 40205

Applying this value to the screenshot, Ganondorf is exactly 8' or 2.44 m tall.

HOWEVER... in the SECOND scenario Hyrule Historia claims Ganondorf to be 7'7 or 2.3 m tall.
View attachment 40206

Comparing the models above, that would reduce OoT Link size to 1.6 m or 5'3.
It's a PARADOX, both sources are official in their own way but they can't coexist.

TWILIGHT PRINCESS
View attachment 40207

Scenario 1: Ganondorf is 8'. TP Link is 4'8 or 1.43 m tall.

Scenario 2: Ganondorf is 7'7. TP Link is 4'5 or 1.35 m tall.

If we RETCON Ganondorf and consider TP Link to follow OoT heights, that would change things as well.

Scenario 1: TP Link is 5'7. Ganondorf is 9'6 or 2.9 m tall.

Scenario 2: TP Link is 5'3. Ganondorf is 8'11 or 2.73 m tall.

And that brings another PARADOX: TP Link is shorter than OoT Link or TP Ganondorf is taller than OoT Ganondorf? :shrug:
Regarding the sources, I follow the canon rule here:

1. Whatever is stated to be, has occurred, or happened in the original source material is canon. In this case, the games are canon.
  2. Whatever the developers or writers say is canon is canon. In this case, whatever the Zelda team care to expand on can be taken as canon
  3. Whatever is in the official sources or guidebooks has canonicity. In this case, Hyrule Historia can be considered canon.
  4. Whatever contradicts the original source material isn't canon.
Therefore, in my view, the games supersede Hyrule Historia in this instance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom