• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Damn, I honestly didn't expect this game to be so active. I feel exactly as lost as when I started out in the MU game, and it seems I'm going to have to devote exactly as much attention to it, which I simply cannot give right now, as I'm traveling to China tomorrow.

It might be the honourable thing to do to simply let someone sub in for me, but at the same time, I really do want to play this game, because it looks absolutely insane.

So I'm going to propose a deal: I should be settled after the weekend ends, as even though I'm still going to be hella busy at work during the day, my nights will be a lot freer and I can contribute much more meaningfully. So if you could see fit to bear with my relative inactivity and lack of attention until then, I would highly appreciate it. Of course, based on what I just said, I would also be totally fine with it if you deem it necessary to either lynch me or request a sub (as I'm leaving that up to you guys).

I'm very sorry for wasting your guys' time like this, especially you, Funnier and Silverfish.

But yeah, I will address your question, Funnier. I could've sworn that I saw you posting something about there not really being much to go on at that particular point, but now when I ISO'd you, I couldn't find it. Did I honestly just mistake another player for you?
I'd say this takes significantly less attention than those games, but more than the average one, maybe. Wanted to show pen pen and art of anime the respect they deserve by giving them high activity levels, but I get how that can be overwhelming. Feel free to just pick and choose a few posts if you want. I think Rag's d1 reads list and some of the reactions to it are pretty good places to look for potential places to start.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
No, I was joking along with everyone else who was responding to everything with "this is a scumtell". The golden rule of Mafia was referring to an ongoing joke where we vote for funnier, it's like a meme vote.

Alright, I'm willing to believe you were just joking in both instances although I still don't like your attack on Ex or your lack of contribution at that stage in the game.

Allmight said:
Because breadcrumbing can be AI in cases such as this? Duuuuh.

Thats news to me. Where I'm from scum often crumb power roles to setup for a fake claim later in the game, to draw docs, or to dissuade people from pressuring them. That said, breadcrumbing flavour is also not a thing where I'm from (except for fun) since flavour is generally not indicitive of role. Maybe its considered differently here though?

You know, the term "question everything" is exceptionally applicable to your meta. How does revealing this to you not alleviate the case at all, like not even in the slightest? Seems like you've been tunneling on me for "tryharding" since that post, but again, I could say the same for you. I might be your top scumspect, but there are other players at work here also who could use your undivided attention; surely there's someone else on the reads list that caught your attention.

Because, as I just said, breadcrumbing isn't indictive of alignment where i come from. There are several other players who have my attention and I've been talking to them. You're not the only person I'm interacting with.

Stretch of logic #1: Being serious during RVS is incriminating and the perp should be hung.

I didn't mean to ever indicate that being serious during RVS is incriminating. I don't believe that is the case, rather, trying to break RVS is pro-town.

No, I said that there was a back-and-forth between them, not that they were being antagonistic. Between Rubik's memeing and funnier's ripostes at the time, there was a whole lot to go on and the general atmosphere felt pretty confusing. Ya know, pretty standard stuff for RVS.

Sorry if i mischaracterized what you said. It was your usage of the word "squabble" that made me think you characterized their interactions as antagonistic. It doesn't ultimately affect my line of reasoning though.

Stretch of logic #2: Making an analysis on two players' discourse and bringing up the possibility that scum could use that later to their advantage down the road is scummy in and of itself.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Are you the one who was analyzing two player's discourse? Are you calling yourself scummy or am I misreading something?

Except 1) I never said that funnier or Rubik were Town, that scenario was purely, blatantly hypothetical and 2)

Here's your original post:

So far there's just been a lot of back-and-forth between funnier and Rubik.

I've been gone a long time from the Mafia scene, but this seems to be the norm for Day 1's RVS phase. For the time being, though, I'm just going to assume for the time being that they're both Town and that Mafia would be more content to sit back and watch them squabble. Doing so would 1) make them an easy target for the following Day or 2) more presently, make it easier to mount a bandwagon on one of them. At least, that was the norm when I'd last played about 15 years ago, so I could be overthinking the outcomes.

Are you saying that in this post you aren't expressing a town read on funnier or rubik?

And here I thought that Town could attempt to contribute during RVS, but I guess that the only way to stay clear is by either going with RVS or laying low with the scum who are lurking now like they did during that phase.

Contributing during RVS is good, as i said in my post on you. The probelm is that you did it ineffectually. appearing to contribute during RVS while not doing so is scum-telling because contributing to RVS is good. Having all your scumreads be lurkers is a scumtell, and also not a defense.

Doc straight-up said that he hadn't read a single Rubik post, which prompted me to ask if he'd read through the thread at all and later place a pressure vote on him. Not hard to understand at all.

Alright, i understand why you voted doc now. thanks for clearing that up.

Overall, I feel like you're coming on a bit too strong and looking at this from the wrong angle; I don't think anyone else perceived my post in this way. I also find it strange that you'd give Sun Fan and FG5 a pass when they've barely done anything of substance (one of them sheeped on your vote) and are hardly even active. Surely you'd consider their actions, at least.

I don't know that I've given them "a pass". They haven't done anything to make me feel they're scum, but neither has over half the game.
I'm considering the actions of every player. I've also since rescinded my town read on funnygurl after being made to re-examine her posts.

funnier6

Courage~
I'm surprised you forgot about the softing. That's the only thing I can really read All Might from. Lol. The MHA point is fair, but this time feels a bit different. Just from how he's softing.
I didnt forget he likes softing, I mean I was thinking pressuring him might be a good idea but I couldn't remember why.
Haven't really said anything about Johnny, because quite frankly he hasn't been on my radar. Large games tend to overwhelm me in the beginning, so if someone isn't doing anything to make me notice them in any way I usually just focus on a smaller pool of people who are (good or bad).
Yeah thats why I was asking, I cant remember anything he's said so I wanted to see what your thoughts on him were.
And I'm just saying I'm not going to make that defense and if I did you could call me out on it. Even jokes tend to have a basis in truth, and trying to play it off would make me look pretty bad.
Its actually been going the opposite direction, you say something and people take it as a joke and you turn around and say it was serious. I'd much rather if it was clear to begin with.
Yea, I'm aware of that.
But it's the truth. You can't exactly clear a person because her behaviour seems like their town games, especially if you don't know their scum game.

If you might be misjudging me because of this logic you might as well misread the real scums too.
Your behavior is on a whole different level to other peoples. Pretty sure its the same old story.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
i'm such a ****ing idiot lmfao i'm so sorry everyone i am deceased
anyway here's my list that everyone is now going to consider even less because clearly i'm a ****ing moron LMFAO

funnier, rubik, minish, doc, sunfan are all town category for now. 0/10 would not lynch today. (funnier is funnier and i love funnier and i always townread funnier because We Are The Same and i love him. i'll townread him until i don't, that goes for minish and sunfan. doc is very hard for me to read, once he posts more i'll know but i don't want to risk lynching a town doc just because he's only got like 3 posts. rubik i've talked about.)

i don't give two ****s about all might's softclaim, from what i heard about last anime mafia and judging by my own role, the role names have been changed and don't necessarily correspond with traditional role names. all that on top of the part where jojo's is literally my only anime, all might's softclaim does nothing for me. he could straight up claim a character and i wouldn't know either jack or ****. however the rest of his posts have been fine, i don't see a problem with him or his defense.

exlight i've talked about. wouldn't lynch.

ragnarokio i wouldn't lynch, mostly because they have a lot of differing opinions and i want to see a lot more of that. i don't particularly read it as towny or scummy but i definitely want someone willing to put in this amount of effort around. i'll let yall know if i see something i actually think is scummy from em

i don't really remember any mezlo posts, but in a good way. nothing about anything he was saying struck me as scummy. i wouldn't vote for him today.

silverfish, calvin, sms, johnny, funnygurl haven't struck me as really anything, i ought to reread them tbh. i'd be okay with lynching any of them. silverfish the most because i do remember one post where they tried to put reads, and they said "player is x, but also they're y" a bunch of times and it looked like noncommital non-reads. funnygurl the least because although none of her reasonings are ever explained she has at least been committing to reads.

i literally forgot hero was in the game, oof. can't tell if good or bad.

laurentus i'm putting to the side, you're busy i get it bud i'm right there with ya. similar for dekunut.

unvote
vote: silverfish

since i want to commit to a real vote

Pen

The game is on!
Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
Rubik - 1 (Doc)
ExLight - 1 (DekuNut)
Johnny Sooshi - 1 (The Sun Fan)
Doc - 1 (funnier6)
All Might - 3 (Ragnarokio, Funnygurl555, ExLight)
DekuNut - 1 (Morbid Minish)
Funnygurl555 - 2 (Spiritual Mask Salesman, Rubik)
Silverfish - 1 (LittleGumball)

Not voting - Laurentus, Silverfish, Calvin ツ, HeroOfTime, Johnny Sooshi, All Might, Mellow Ezlo

With 18 players alive it takes 10 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Friday, August 30th 2019 at 7:00 PM EST. Countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20190830T19&p0=179&msg=End+of+Day+1&font=slab&csz=1

@Laurentus if you are still interested in playing the game you're very welcome to stay. And if it'll get easier for you to post as soon as after this weekend I see no issue. ^^

funnier6

Courage~
I think he's breadcrumbing that he's a magical girl (or that he's from a magical girl anime) but I personally think it's also decently likely that he's Kyubey (the character in my discord avatar) because he's a pretty iconic anime villain. That's my take, at least.

3fb4c1feefcd2383f03e214c700544e31142bfa1_hq.gif
Can we burn flavor/name solving please.
Unvote

Vote: funnygurl555

I like this wagon.
Is it because inactive or because of what she's said? I dont remember anything AI from her.
So, how was the first anime mafia? Were there two or more characters from the same franchise there? Or did each character represent one anime?
There were a coupe from the same anime I think but it was forever ago and I wasnt paying that much attention.
But yeah, I will address your question, Funnier. I could've sworn that I saw you posting something about there not really being much to go on at that particular point, but now when I ISO'd you, I couldn't find it. Did I honestly just mistake another player for you?
Probably lol.

And dont worry so much about keeping up, just post whatever thoughts come to you when you can until you can be more active, theres no ten post minimum. :P

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Actually, nevermind. Flavor discussion might be interesting after all.

Some animes from the last mafia don't really have villains.

And it had one character for each anime, with exception of the Lovers.
If we see two people claiming the same anime it should be safe to assume that they're either related role-wise or that one of them is lying.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
think the ex pressure is opportunistic. not liking it

think it's more of a clash of play styles tbh
@funnier6 this was mostly what I was recalling. Looking back, FG really added nothing else worthwhile imo. But this point is good. The bandwagon started and then slowed, but it did seem to swell very quickly.

Newish players pretty frequently play in a way that can be easily mistaken for scum and exlight played in that sort of a style in the crossover game as well. None of his "scummy plays" are really all that scummy if you look at them through a lens of inexperience.
Gotcha. Didn't realize he's newer to mafia. Thanks for clarifying that.

I think he's breadcrumbing that he's a magical girl (or that he's from a magical girl anime) but I personally think it's also decently likely that he's Kyubey (the character in my discord avatar) because he's a pretty iconic anime villain. That's my take, at least.

3fb4c1feefcd2383f03e214c700544e31142bfa1_hq.gif
Can we burn flavor/name solving please.
i've actually become pretty busy irl over the yearz. i feel bad because it makes me less active (and also less good) but also it's great for my mental health lmfao
i don't give two ****s about all might's softclaim, from what i heard about last anime mafia and judging by my own role, the role names have been changed and don't necessarily correspond with traditional role names. all that on top of the part where jojo's is literally my only anime, all might's softclaim does nothing for me. he could straight up claim a character and i wouldn't know either jack or ****. however the rest of his posts have been fine, i don't see a problem with him or his defense.
Really, this though. Name/flavor solving isn't going to do much when plenty of shows have quirky chars who may or may not be scum in translation. Not to mention acting as a char means **** all. I've never seen people forced to post a certain way unless the game was a bastard game (see THEBESTZDMAFIA). Pen would have to have advertised it as such if it was. Thems the rules. Flavor trends just don't mean a thing, even if it matches the player.

doc is very hard for me to read, once he posts more i'll know but i don't want to risk lynching a town doc just because he's only got like 3 posts.
silverfish, calvin, sms, johnny, funnygurl haven't struck me as really anything, i ought to reread them tbh. i'd be okay with lynching any of them.
I'm not sure I get this. You don't have a read on Doc, but plenty of these others you don't have a specific read on either. I get he's posted less or equal to some on this list, but why put doc in the "for sure town" category?

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Actually, nevermind. Flavor discussion might be interesting after all.

Some animes from the last mafia don't really have villains.

And it had one character for each anime, with exception of the Lovers.
If we see two people claiming the same anime it should be safe to assume that they're either related role-wise or that one of them is lying.

I'm not sure we can definitely say it'll be the same though.

funnier6

Courage~
is anyone actively angry at exlight though?
:whistle:
funnier, rubik, minish, doc, sunfan are all town category for now. 0/10 would not lynch today. (funnier is funnier and i love funnier and i always townread funnier because We Are The Same and i love him. i'll townread him until i don't, that goes for minish and sunfan. doc is very hard for me to read, once he posts more i'll know but i don't want to risk lynching a town doc just because he's only got like 3 posts. rubik i've talked about.)
So youre town reading them just because and not from anything they've done?

My list is something like

Town:
Ex- Already gone in detail about this, at the very least if he was scum I think he'd be blowing up in some different way than usual. He looks like a huge distraction and I dont want the days focus to be on him.
All Might- Its not the softing, which in general looks good cause he's always ready to soft as town, I liked the way he defended himself from Rag. Felt like typical self righteous town all might and not the stone cold feeling I get when he's scum. It has that different wavelength he's on when he's town.
Sms- I'm pretty confident he's town, I really like his unself-conscious fg vote, reminds me of when we were neighbors.
Rag- Without knowing anything about Rag, I'd probably town read that huge reads list just for effort. I feel much better about it knowing that last time we played together Rag was scum and fell off the earth almost immediately. The Ex defense also feels right to me, since defending him was against the grain at the time.

Null:
Minish- Seems pretty much the norm but not quite as engaged as I would expect.
Sunfan- Hasn't posted much, still dont know how to read him.
Rubik- must die
Fish (because fish is funnier than silver)- lots of hedging, would like to hear more from.
Laurentus- hasn't had much chance to comment yet
Johnny- null, preparing for a hurricane

Post more:
LG- I like what she's posted so far but I haven't seen much deep thoughts.
fg- @Funnygurl555 Hasn't really said anything
Tristan- @Mellow Ezlo
Hero- @HeroOfTime
Doc- need more thoughtsss
Calvin- same
Deku-

It took me an abysmally long time to remember who all was in this game.

I really hate the lynch lurkers policy but considering thats almost everybody I think I'll make an exception today, feel like fg silver counter wagons would be a good start.

Unvote

Vote: Silver

Everybody but especially the people I @ed above, who should we lynch today? Theres only about 24. hours left.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Vote: Calvin

Not really a good pressure vote, but I really want to see some more thoughts.

Read wise, I'm pro town on Rag, if only for the in depth reads. That'd be like a 55-60% though. Same with SMS, it fits the same style as last game, which seems to indicate town for now. Everyone else I'm null on. Silverfish and LG I'm on 45%. LG's Doc reasoning just felt kind of weird since he is in the same category as other who don't have a lot to go on, but are town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom