• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I think he's breadcrumbing that he's a magical girl (or that he's from a magical girl anime) but I personally think it's also decently likely that he's Kyubey (the character in my discord avatar) because he's a pretty iconic anime villain. That's my take, at least.

3fb4c1feefcd2383f03e214c700544e31142bfa1_hq.gif
Sound risky to soft something like that.

So, how was the first anime mafia? Were there two or more characters from the same franchise there? Or did each character represent one anime?

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Also, I don't think All Might is a great cop check necessarily because if he's town he's town and if he's scum he might be babyface because kyubey is too cute to be evil. c:

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Sound risky to soft something like that.

So, how was the first anime mafia? Were there two or more characters from the same franchise there? Or did each character represent one anime?
They might not have thought it was risky because magical girls are often thought to be righteous so maybe they were hoping it'd make people think they're town. I'm not the kind of person who would let the flavor of "magical girl" conclude someone is town, though. (:

Didn't play in it, but I didn't see any overlap in franchises based on my cursory lookover. I think it's more fun to have as much diversity as possible.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
He might be someone from Sailor Moon as well, not necessairly Madoka.
or Cardcaptor Sakura, or PreCure, or PPGZ

They might not have thought it was risky because magical girls are often thought to be righteous so maybe they were hoping it'd make people think they're town. I'm not the kind of person who would let the flavor of "magical girl" conclude someone is town, though. (:
@All Might Did you watch Madoka?

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
or Cardcaptor Sakura, or PreCure, or PPGZ
They're all plausible, though Madoka is probably one of the more likely options given that I imagine Pendio probably mostly chose shows that he liked and I imagine Madoka is more in his wheelhouse based on my impression of Pendio's anime tastes. Even if it's not Kyubey, there a lot of good choices for characters in PMMM to build roles around.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Well, I have a gut feeling that Pendio hasn't watched Madoka, and I think All Might is lying if he's breadcrumbing a magical girl.
I'll reread his posts later, but if he's trying to use a magical girl as an Town clear then this is surprisingly odd, especially this early.

Vote: All Might

Damn, I honestly didn't expect this game to be so active. I feel exactly as lost as when I started out in the MU game, and it seems I'm going to have to devote exactly as much attention to it, which I simply cannot give right now, as I'm traveling to China tomorrow.

It might be the honourable thing to do to simply let someone sub in for me, but at the same time, I really do want to play this game, because it looks absolutely insane.

So I'm going to propose a deal: I should be settled after the weekend ends, as even though I'm still going to be hella busy at work during the day, my nights will be a lot freer and I can contribute much more meaningfully. So if you could see fit to bear with my relative inactivity and lack of attention until then, I would highly appreciate it. Of course, based on what I just said, I would also be totally fine with it if you deem it necessary to either lynch me or request a sub (as I'm leaving that up to you guys).

I'm very sorry for wasting your guys' time like this, especially you, Funnier and Silverfish.

But yeah, I will address your question, Funnier. I could've sworn that I saw you posting something about there not really being much to go on at that particular point, but now when I ISO'd you, I couldn't find it. Did I honestly just mistake another player for you?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Damn, I honestly didn't expect this game to be so active. I feel exactly as lost as when I started out in the MU game, and it seems I'm going to have to devote exactly as much attention to it, which I simply cannot give right now, as I'm traveling to China tomorrow.

It might be the honourable thing to do to simply let someone sub in for me, but at the same time, I really do want to play this game, because it looks absolutely insane.

So I'm going to propose a deal: I should be settled after the weekend ends, as even though I'm still going to be hella busy at work during the day, my nights will be a lot freer and I can contribute much more meaningfully. So if you could see fit to bear with my relative inactivity and lack of attention until then, I would highly appreciate it. Of course, based on what I just said, I would also be totally fine with it if you deem it necessary to either lynch me or request a sub (as I'm leaving that up to you guys).

I'm very sorry for wasting your guys' time like this, especially you, Funnier and Silverfish.

But yeah, I will address your question, Funnier. I could've sworn that I saw you posting something about there not really being much to go on at that particular point, but now when I ISO'd you, I couldn't find it. Did I honestly just mistake another player for you?
Aw, I'd like to see you stick around bro. I think as the game goes on it might calm down. I don't think even our most active games are as active as a MU game will get.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I feel like he's getting under fire for changing his previous flaws and doesn't know why people are getting angry at him.
is anyone actively angry at exlight though?
I hate the idea of breaking the game up into a bunch of hypothetical groups of scum unless it has some sort of mechanical basis, especially this early.

I'll stop this discussion of the world even if I have to use JoJo references to do so...

i see and accept this attempt to pocket me.
Same for LG. She's not pushing to go through a bit more and find info she seems probably relevant.
i've actually become pretty busy irl over the yearz. i feel bad because it makes me less active (and also less good) but also it's great for my mental health lmfao
[Lil' G]: [not Johnny] expresses that he finds ExLight's behaviour scummy but then also says that he doesn't have a read on ExLight. Once again, if a town player has even a slight reason to find someone scummy early in the game, i think its in their interest to attack them. This kind of wishy washy attack is both not helpful and indicates hesitation in putting yourself into the spotlight combined with a desire to put reads out, which I think is a scum mentality. I have a scum read on [LITTLEGUMBALL NOT JOHNNY].
i think a lot of people have said this, but exlight appears to be chaotic and kind of hasty, which leads to him saying/doing things that are scummy. he's been like this in the other two games that i've played with him where he was town. so although the things he's doing are scummy, that doesn't necessarily mean that i'm scumreading him. hope that clears that up 4 ya bud
Is that including that 90% of them are memes?
yes
(for context this is about rubik)
Honestly my problem with fast moving games like this is that I move so fast in order to catch up that I don't think very deeply about those posts.
feeling this V hard rn
Also @LittleGumball idk if this thread is just huge but I feel like you haven't posted in agess. Thoughts?
**thots
gimme a minute, i'll post this and then i'll make a list
considering hoe
glad to know yall are still considering me uwu

EDIT: (i swear all i did was edit the strikethrough out so yall can read it easier i even left the other one to preserve my idiocy I'M SORRY pen gave me permission okay)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom