• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Oops, I meant post #4. Got it confused with another one. Sorry if it seems like I'm leading you on a wild goose chase; basically I was breadcrumbing a couple of times about my role. If anyone picked up on it, then they haven't brought it to the forefront, but that's the gist of it.

How is you breadcrumbing a role supposed to be a defense against my case on you?

funnier6

Courage~
Funnier has been playing aggressively but hasn't really been digging into people's skin. It feels kind of like fake aggressiveness.
I don't even know how I'm already being called aggressive. You haven't seen aggressive yet, I tend to be very blunt in mafia and I use an aggressive attitude to get reactions but I've mainly just been catching up the past day so I haven't been trying to be particularly aggressive. If youre talking about the Ex thing I was questioning him repeatedly to see if this was going to go the same way it did last time. The conclusion was yes, he's been just as difficult and aggravating as he was in the crossover but I let it go and didnt vote him because for all that he was town in the crossover and I'm not going to waste my time on him magikarping about.
I feel like as town his behaviour would be more productive if he actively tried to build a case on exlight and put pressure on him to get him lynched. Instead he's just criticising his behaviour to no obvious end, not even backing it up with a vote
Answered some of this above. Why do you think you know what my productivity levels would be as town when you have very little idea of my personality and motivation? What are you comparing to? Cause it seems like youre just comparing me to the ideal town player in your head and basing your read on that, which would explain why youre scum reading half the game lol. What do you think about having so many scum reads? You evidently dont value town reads as much but its clear that half the game isnt all scum so how does this help you?
Exlight: Exlight as a player reminds me of me when i first started mafia.
He's been playing for months.
Rag might have pitched a conspiracy theory as an homage to the thing funnier doesn't want me to talk about because I linked rag to it at the time because it was so funny,
Rubik how could you ;_;

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
It's legitimately the most insane thing I've ever seen someone do in a game of mafia, how could I not tell my friend Ragnarokio about it? (:

funnier6

Courage~
@funnier6 I'm trying harder than normal, funnier.

I've posted my thoughts on a couple players and have been trying to get reactions out of each player I've voted for so far, with what I believe to be a decent amount of success.
Its a little difficult to keep track of when like all your posts are memes. Even when youre serious there's memes. It would be a lot more helpful if you could ditch the jokes so I can see what youre really saying instead of being Hyena!
Seems like the kind of thing Rag would do, yeah.

Currently have Rag in my town pool from that post, although I'm not sure how much I agree with Rag giving fg555 and sunsun townreads without rereading both of them myself. They both felt like good people to vote for, at the time, so I don't like writing them off like that without any deeper analysis.
What do you mean kind of thing Rag would do. Like it isnt normal but doesn't seem scummy? What do you think about Rag lurking for the entirety of Inception and dropping a reads wall here? Is it really that easy?
And all the while, you're conveniently ignoring the joke posts I made around the same time.

Or were they joke posts?

DUN DUN DUUUUUN
What are you doing?
Honestly don't remember playing much with him, I host more than I play and in my most recent game he just played a somewhat questionable performance of an indep. Sorry Ex.
Can you answer the questions anyway? You have no read on Ex at all?

Pen

The game is on!
Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
Rubik - 1 (Doc)
The Sun Fan - 1 (Rubik)
ExLight - 1 (DekuNut)
Johnny Sooshi - 2 (LittleGumball, The Sun Fan)
Doc - 1 (funnier6)
Laurentus - 1 (Spiritual Mask Salesman)
All Might - 2 (Ragnarokio, Funnygurl555)
DekuNut - 1 (Morbid Minish)

Not voting - Laurentus, Silverfish, Calvin ツ, ExLight, HeroOfTime, Johnny Sooshi, All Might, Mellow Ezlo

With 18 players alive it takes 10 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Friday, August 30th 2019 at 7:00 PM EST. Countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20190830T19&p0=179&msg=End+of+Day+1&font=slab&csz=1

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Its a little difficult to keep track of when like all your posts are memes. Even when youre serious there's memes. It would be a lot more helpful if you could ditch the jokes so I can see what youre really saying instead of being Hyena!

What do you mean kind of thing Rag would do. Like it isnt normal but doesn't seem scummy? What do you think about Rag lurking for the entirety of Inception and dropping a reads wall here? Is it really that easy?

What are you doing?

Can you answer the questions anyway? You have no read on Ex at all?
I'm always going to tell jokes even when I'm serious because it's part of what makes the game fun for me and it makes it easier to read people when I can use humor to connect with them and see how they respond to it.

Rag's scum game is not very strong and usually involves dropping off the face of the Earth mid-game, sometimes bussing an ally d1 beforehand to distance themselves. Rag will sometimes also drop off the face of the Earth as town too, but they almost always struggle to maintain interest as scum. Rag's town game is generally pretty decent and has an above-average chance to catch my scum game, but not by much. So sustained activity is a towntell for rag.

I really like rag so far aside from giving weird BS town leans for my top 2 scumspects (sun sun and fg5). Sun sun I could see a case for town—even though he feels intentionally scummy to me—but fg5 being given a town lean raises some serious flags for me.

funnier6

Courage~
@Ragnarokio have you thought about just using the multi quote button instead of linking everything?
@Funnier: I've probably had an above average number of substantial posts this game, it's all just tangled in a web of semi-substantial banter to try to get people talking and engaged. Are you worried because I was similarly talkative in the crossover, in which I was scum?
I'm not worried, but before the crossover game I thought frequent chatty posts was more how your town self operated and the crossover made me realize this wasnt true. So knowing that I cant read you at all I have to stick you firmly in null and try to solve everyone else and try to win the game that way. And when the inevitable happens and youre the last scum, we just kill you like always.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
@Spirit: So you don't think asking for meta is a scumtell? What was the "golden rule of mafia" alluding to?
No, I was joking along with everyone else who was responding to everything with "this is a scumtell". The golden rule of Mafia was referring to an ongoing joke where we vote for funnier, it's like a meme vote.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
@Ragnarokio have you thought about just using the multi quote button instead of linking everything?

I'm not worried, but before the crossover game I thought frequent chatty posts was more how your town self operated and the crossover made me realize this wasnt true. So knowing that I cant read you at all I have to stick you firmly in null and try to solve everyone else and try to win the game that way. And when the inevitable happens and youre the last scum, we just kill you like always.
That's the best way to treat my playstyle, probably. As town, I'm usually not left alive long enough to be a concern anyways.

Playing in a game that is a lot faster than i am used to with this many players and filled entirely with players i'm unfamiliar with (except rubik) means when i read through the thread most of what is happening goes over my head. I reread the thrread and took some notes and here are my opinions:

@Sloth: My vote on allmight was serious.
@Funnier: My playing mafia is not ironic.

1: Funnier/Rubik Conspiracy: Funnier and Rubik have been breadcrumbing being some non-town faction together I think.
- https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/anime-mafia-2.65942/post-1184123 In this post rubik says he and funnier have never been town together. (which examined in retrospect of them both being non-town is a breadcrumb)
- https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/anime-mafia-2.65942/post-1184243 in this post funnier breadcrumbs being non-town.
- https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/anime-mafia-2.65942/post-1184249 in this post rubik responds to funnier's breadcrumb with a vote, but also calls him his kouhai, which might be an in-joke or might be a game-mechanic.
- https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/anime-mafia-2.65942/post-1184251 Funnier responds to rubik's vote with a reference i don't understand, but it also seems to imply funnier is still breadcrumbing non-town.

This whole sequence could easily be a joke that went over my head but it still strikes me as strange. I was hesitant to bring it up because non-town doesn't necessarily mean anti-town and the breadcrumbs could have been made to the benefit of the town, but as they could have also been made to the benefit of a different isolated group, I thought it was worth exposing.

2: Individual Reads:

All Might: All Might is the first player to make what appears to be completely serious analysis on the game. He comments specifically on the antagonism between rubik and funnier which is pretty clearly just back and forth jokes, but i feel like there are probably other more serious things to analyze if you want to, like voting patterns or calvin's deflection. His read also amounts to town-reading two players, which isn't really helpful on D1 compared to scumreads. I would expect a town player breaking RVS to say something more consequential. A scum player breaking RVS in this way just makes it seem like contributing without contributing. The fact that they decided to read funnier and rubik of all things is also strange to me, and if All Might flipped scum I'd be suspicious of one or both of those two. Later in the game they put a pressure vote on doc for not having a read on Rubik's behaviour, which is again strange to me since most players at this point have not expressed a read on rubik's behaviour, and i couldn't find a reason why they'd have singled out doc, although i may have just missed it. All Might is one of my top scumspects for today.

Spiritual Mask Salesman:
- https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/anime-mafia-2.65942/post-1184028
- https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/anime-mafia-2.65942/post-118403

SMS makes two attacks early in the game which seem like they could be attempts to break RVS, but they make no attempt to follow up on them. As a town player, if you have even a slight reason to believe someone is scum early in the game, i think its beneficial to properly attack them for it, for the purposes of building an actual conversation which could then generate more reads. Spiritual Mask Salesman seems to have a genuine reason to scumread people early, but instead of using it as a basis to launch an attack, keeps it on the level of a joke.

- https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/anime-mafia-2.65942/post-1184235

This post of SMS' also bothers me. At this point in the game SMS has contributed nothing of substance, and is criticising ExLight of essentially not contributing anything of substance despite RVS being over. Since then they've been occasionally half-heartedly attacking ExLight, the easiest target in the game for people to jump on. If they were town they should be doing it harder. SMS has consistently been active but has said little of substance. SMS is one of my top scumspects for today.

Johnny Sooshi: Johnny expresses that he finds ExLight's behaviour scummy but then also says that he doesn't have a read on ExLight. Once again, if a town player has even a slight reason to find someone scummy early in the game, i think its in their interest to attack them. This kind of wishy washy attack is both not helpful and indicates hesitation in putting yourself into the spotlight combined with a desire to put reads out, which I think is a scum mentality. I have a scum read on Johnny.

Calvin: Rubik attacks calvin near the start of the game for self-voting and calvin dismisses it as a joke. It would have been more productive to seriously defend against it in the hopes of starting a productive dialogue. A few pages later rubik attacks Calvin again and calvin dismisses it as a joke again. Calvin has remained routinely active throughout the game but has not really posted anything of substance. I have a scum read on Calvin.

Funnier: Funnier has been playing aggressively but hasn't really been digging into people's skin. It feels kind of like fake aggressiveness. Exlight has been his main victim. I feel like as town his behaviour would be more productive if he actively tried to build a case on exlight and put pressure on him to get him lynched. Instead he's just criticising his behaviour to no obvious end, not even backing it up with a vote. In addition to breadcrumbing being non-town, I have a scum read on Funnier.

Exlight: Exlight as a player reminds me of me when i first started mafia. I can relate to being frustrated at being lynched for expressing beliefs that you have. His conduct is probably anti-town but it doesn't strike me as being scummy despite that, since I think its more reflective of his personality than of an intentional strategy. Rather, playing as blatantly anti-town as he is would probably just hurt himself if he were scum, since its bound to attract the attention of the town. I have a town-leaning read on Exlight because i think if he were scum his buddies would have gotten him to stop posting like he was by now, or else possibly bussed him harder.

Rubik: I liked his attack on Calvin at the beginning of the game, and his approach in general has been very pro-town. Rubik is the only player here I know though, and ime his scum meta and his town meta are pretty identical, both with very pro-town playstyles. At one point rubik says he and funnier have never been town together, and this seems like something rubik might say if he was feeling cheeky and excited if he knew that one of he and funnier weren't town this game, so that he could laugh about it after the game ended. In lieu of later posts, it might also be an intentional breadcrumb, but I'm treating it as a scumtell either way.

Morbid Minish:

- https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/anime-mafia-2.65942/page-15#post-1184287

The only consequential post I've seen from this player is this post, where they barn funnygurl. Not having any original opinions is a scumtell [/rubik]

- https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/anime-mafia-2.65942/page-19#post-1184361

they also express some self-consciousness at their inactivity/lack of content in this post, which i think is indictive of a scum-mentality. I have a scumread on Morbid Minish.

Hero of Time:
Hero of Time has been active, but hasn't been posting anything of consequence, which is scummy to me.

Sun Fan: Sun fan has said a few things of consequence today, I think, and so I have a slight town read on them.

FunnyGurl: Funnygurl has said a few things of consequence today, I think, and so I have a slight town read on them.

DekuNut: Not active enough to have a read on.

Doc: Not active enough to have a read on.

Mellow Ezlo: Not active enough to have a read on.

Silverfish: Silverfish has been actively posting but not posting anything of content. They say this is because they're new, and I'm willing to believe that. No read.

3: Lynching Lurkers: I think lynching lurkers is an alright play. It helps town more than an average lynch on D1 does probably and It gives more information than not lynching. You can still analyze the lurker wagon vs competing wagons along with the alignment and reasoning of people involved in all of those wagons, which is more than you can do with a no-lynch wagon, probably. Scum players might either bus or defend a scum lurker, or might prefer one lurker lynch over another. Players who believe lynching lurkers is anti-town might be more receptive towards doing so as scum, and vice-versa.

I generally still prefer trying to lynch scum on day 1 though, because its more fun and because i think the additional information it yields is more useful overall.

tldr: vote all might

wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom