• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Brother Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
If Moe were here he'd understand
We had a horrific experience on another site where we were promised that flavor wasn't alignment indicative and that knowing the topic of the game (the Canadian TV Show "Trailer Park Boys") would provide no benefit to any players

it was not the case
I mean I get the past game ptsd but that doesn't mean it'll also be true in this game.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
oh right, funnygurl was there too
fun fact, she was the only player that won that game
everyone else got a draw
truly a detestable experience
Deku, I don't see how me not saying my character stalls the game?
I really don't
If its any consolation, funnier, I'll tell you that I'm town this game
no "town plus third party" this go-round
Deku, to me (and apparently to funnier as well) it seems like you just finished talking about how you don't like the idea of talking about characters, but then immediately agreed with Minish's idea of everyone claiming their characters. You seem aware that this sounds weird, but I still don't understand what your thought process here was.

How are the two things funnier quoted not contradictory?

I fail to see how this couldn't all fit into one post...

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Deku, to me (and apparently to funnier as well) it seems like you just finished talking about how you don't like the idea of talking about characters, but then immediately agreed with Minish's idea of everyone claiming their characters. You seem aware that this sounds weird, but I still don't understand what your thought process here was.

How are the two things funnier quoted not contradictory?

I'd also like to hear Deku's response to this

it could; where I come from this kind of posting style is normal I just
I forget where I am sometimes;
I do try to condense my posts because I try to be courteous

its my bad and I do try not to multipost too often; its something funnier warned me about not doing before my first game here

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
So I went and read the rest as I continued, and a couple things stood out. Of course I'm also not used to half of the players here so I can't form the same reads since I ain't played with y'all.

Funnier's pressure vote on Doc is understandable, especially as someone he can read well. That play has been done by literally everyone in some game or another. What's weird to me was him asking for others to bandwagon the vote. Then this shortly after.
You know, I'll pile on to Doc too because I do want him to be active.

Unvote
Vote: Doc
Ok, I'm hoping Doc keeps his activity up. I'm ok with either starting with Sunfan to see where things go from here.

Unvote
Vote: Sunfan

This kind of same day flipping feels weird. Not necessarily that they're scumbuds, but this feels a little sus to me.

Also, we have some inactives still and I'd like to see some others come in that haven't in a few pages (like me) and give their two cents.

funnier6

Courage~
Because if theres no more dancing around character choices then those conversations won't happen and we can get on with the game.
You say that but its possible to do both at once and I haven't seen you make any attempt to get on with the game.
If its any consolation, funnier, I'll tell you that I'm town this game
no "town plus third party" this go-round
My heart can't really take it but okay.
Oh hi Hero. Is that all you've got to say? Got any idea of who you'll be voting? Anything pop out to you besides Deku?

funnier6

Courage~
it could; where I come from this kind of posting style is normal I just
I forget where I am sometimes;
I do try to condense my posts because I try to be courteous

its my bad and I do try not to multipost too often; its something funnier warned me about not doing before my first game here
Don't worry about it tbh, it's good for everyone to remember that this is not the only way to post.
Funnier's pressure vote on Doc is understandable, especially as someone he can read well. That play has been done by literally everyone in some game or another. What's weird to me was him asking for others to bandwagon the vote. Then this shortly after.
Asking other poeple to take a stance on a wagon is the easiest way to get people into the game and much more important than pressuring Doc. Without other people answering me, there is no game, because everyone else are highly unlikely to find a point of discussion themselves. If everyone posts about why or why not they will vote Doc, then we have something to discuss and the game can move forward. I use it to get things moving in most games. Normally I would have a read on sms based on this and that read would be town, but due to unusual circumstances it doesn't tell me all that much.
You haven't played with me for awhile, it would be suspicious if I restrict myself from voting to try getting people talking. I didn't feel like anyone else was going to pressure Doc further.
This is quite true.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Oh hi Hero. Is that all you've got to say? Got any idea of who you'll be voting? Anything pop out to you besides Deku?

I mean no, not especially, but I'll try.

Like I said, I'd like to see Deku's response to the earlier post. I don't think it's AI, it just seems like he was speaking awkwardly and didn't really know what to say, but I'd still like to hear an answer.
Something about Mezlo is kinda rubbing me the wrong way, but I can't put my finger on it.
A Link in Time and fg have been very quiet so far, but so has everyone and I don't know if this is AI or not yet. I would really like them to post a bit more, but that's kinda me calling the kettle black.
Contrainer has made only one post so far and it was a joke vote. I don't really like that, but we're still only halfway through D1.
@Doc's posts so far have been nothing of substance, I'd like to hear his thoughts on how things are currently progressing.

I like Johnny Sooshi, Minish, SMS, and funnier so far. I'm usually against lynching inactives, but for a D1 vote I would be okay with @Contrainer or @Doc

It feels so weird to play a game without LG and Moe...

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I see no harm in sharing my character. I don't see it providing too much info, even in regards to abilities because I wouldn't have guessed any of my abilities based on that info.

I am everyones favorite long range fighter, Lucas! I never drive people insane shouting each of my moves!

I will kill which ever one of yall stole Piranha Plant gang from me
:eyes:

Wow I think I dodged a bullet there lol.

Or does this mean the bullet is coming for me? :suspicious:

Sorry friend >:

Personally, I was thinking that knowing everyone's characters was going to be really useful for Day 3. I shouldn't need to explain why. No reason not to get it out of the way early with that in mind.

The early pressure votes on Doc are fine to me, he's the kind of player who tends to keep to the shadows a bit as scum so trying to get him talking early is good.

The vote on Sun Fan is interesting. I'm not sure I see SMS's reasoning for it atm, but if I was to place my own vote on him, the reason would be for refraining from joining in the character reveals. Since which player uses their final smash is in our hands, knowing who is which character could, and likely will, believe it or not, be very useful. But, this is The Sun Fan, and I can understand his reasoning for not wanting to join. That being said, however, in Canadians Mafia, where name claims basically revealed absolutely nothing, he did not hesitate to join in. So I am keeping that in mind because it does seem a tad contradictory.

And if that last paragraph is a mess, it's because I'm on my phone, I was on the road all day, and I'm super tired. Apologies if I'm incoherent (:

The vote on Sun Fan is interesting. I'm not sure I see SMS's reasoning for it atm, but if I was to place my own vote on him, the reason would be for refraining from joining in the character reveals. Since which player uses their final smash is in our hands, knowing who is which character could, and likely will, believe it or not, be very useful. But, this is The Sun Fan, and I can understand his reasoning for not wanting to join. That being said, however, in Canadians Mafia, where name claims basically revealed absolutely nothing, he did not hesitate to join in. So I am keeping that in mind because it does seem a tad contradictory.

You can believe me or not when I say that I don't have enough knowledge of Smash to like
try and hide my character because I have logic'd that it would benefit me as scum solely because of their smash or something
its my boyfriend you're looking for in that regard

I think the Canadians game was going on while Trailer Park Boys was going on; either that or it had juuuuuuuuust finished (not too sure)
I have to admit that I don't really remember that too well

I like Johnny Sooshi, Minish, SMS, and funnier so far. I'm usually against lynching inactives, but for a D1 vote I would be okay with @Contrainer or @Doc

It feels so weird to play a game without LG and Moe...
Any particular reason you are ok with lynching inactives this game, despite not normally feeling that way?

And I agree on that last point about the lack of LG and Moe
maybe if we spam "butts" enough GL will join as the 13th player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom