• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Anime Are You Currently Watching?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Finished watching Rising of the Shield Hero and, as burnt out as I am by the isekai genre, this one exceeded my expectations in a lot of ways. Filled with interesting characters, an engaging plot, some decent action sections, and luckily minimal fanservice (I almost dropped it due to a certain Chocobo-ripoff-turned-loli), fans of fantasy will find this a worthwhile watch. Quick recap: Naofumi gets transported to a different world, undergoes a biting betrayal, and over the course of his journey softens into a tactical leader as he slowly builds up a party to fight off invading monsters. While it certainly doesn't bring anything new to the table, there are several resonating moments that bring about relatable character development, which I'd say is the strongest aspect.

Overall, Shield Hero stands head and shoulders above its fellow isekais such as ReZero, Konosuba, DanMachi, and especially Sword Art Online. Now, please let this fad end on a high note before it stagnates into a something worse than an outsider getting turned into a sentient slime (seriously, why is this trash rated so high?).

Ninja

Well well well
We just started watching Death Note on Netflix. Only 12 episodes in but it’s super interesting so far. The potato chip scene is amazing.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I just finished Neon Genesis Evangelion. The ending was weird but I kinda liked it. I feel like this show did a solid job of handling surreal moments, such as leaving the screen still and silent for a long amount of time or repeating the same shot. I feel like I’d otherwise hate that editing if it were a different show

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
It's kinda funny to see people praising SAO back in 2012 rofl

I just finished Zaregoto (I need more seasons of mystery shows where are my next seasons of Perfect Insider, Sakurako, and Zaregoto pls).

I want to start watching Kino no Tabi and NHK ni Youkoso next

I just finished Neon Genesis Evangelion. The ending was weird but I kinda liked it. I feel like this show did a solid job of handling surreal moments, such as leaving the screen still and silent for a long amount of time or repeating the same shot. I feel like I’d otherwise hate that editing if it were a different show

Oh my god please tell me you didnt watch the netflix version.

Also if you watch 'The End of Evangelion' it replaces the last two episodes with something that kind of makes more sense.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Oh my god please tell me you didnt watch the netflix version.

Also if you watch 'The End of Evangelion' it replaces the last two episodes with something that kind of makes more sense.
I watched Netflix, please don’t yell at me :kawaii:

And yeah, I watched that one afterwards

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
I'm gonna start watching Gunbuster! Alternatively, I was contemplating rewatching Gundam 0080: War in The Pocket, but I'll probably save that for when the new RE100 Zaku II Kai model kit comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom