• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Why did Revali tell Link not to ask Zelda about him?

Revali tells Link not to go asking Princess Zelda about him, basically saying that her "royal memory" probably wasn't what it used to be anyway. Skip to 2:25.

I find this odd, because Revali likes talking about himself, and likes others talking about him, writing in his diary that he wanted to prove himself to everyone and lamenting that there was no one left in Rito Village who would know him. He certainly cared about Zelda's well-being, telling Link his job wasn't finished until he saved her. So why wouldn't he want Zelda talking to Link about him? Did she know something about him that he didn't want Link to know? Did Revali honestly think she would spout "rubbish" about him? Or was he vaguely referring to some reference in the game?
Your thoughts???

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Just off the top of my head, he’s probably trying to protect his image because she’s seen him fail at using Revali’s Gale and that’s something he probably doesn’t want being spread around. The same way Mipha yells that Link should not read her diary. That’s my guess.

Just off the top of my head, he’s probably trying to protect his image because she’s seen him fail at using Revali’s Gale and that’s something he probably doesn’t want being spread around. The same way Mipha yells that Link should not read her diary. That’s my guess.

That was one of the only things I could come up with. Still find it odd that Revali wouldn't want Zelda discussing him AT ALL with Link just for that one moment though. Dying against a phantom Ganon should've been the pinnacle of embarrassment for him. And it's not like Revali training to improve his skills was any big secret; he asked for the Flight Range to be built, even saying he should allow other Rito to train there, and told Link that he had "mastered" an art allowing him to soar, which means he didn't mind Link knowing that he trained.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yeah but training is something different. Revali might have had many reasons. Him failing is one thing but also his downright nasty attitude towards Link and Zelda. Maybe he was afraid of the gossip flue

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom