• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Guess Your Role: Poke Ball Z Mafia (BMGf/ZD Crossover Event) Endgame: TBA, Town and Survivor Win! (11/7/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
however that applies to EVERY PLAYER WE HAVE NOT CONFIRMED. every single one. not just your favorite choice.
Hehe, yes it does. But it makes harder for scum to tie votes or create leading wagons.
And yea, I could've done it to literally anyone non-confirmed. I find it kinda funny that everyone assumed I was telling the truth about specifically targeting Moe when picking anyone would have literally the same effect. What I find funnier, however, is that Moe didn't even try to defend himself.

Most jesters wouldn't know their role until this night, probably.

D1: Guess scum (assume town when it fails unless your target is killed).
D2: Guess town (assume survivor when it fails if your actions still aren't killing)
D3: Guess self
N3: Learn exact win condition.
Well, it's unlikely, but if the character reveal turned out to be Mr. Satan (or Hercule, dunno how you call in English) I'd bet on Jester even without a confirmation of my role.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Hehe, yes it does. But it makes harder for scum to tie votes or create leading wagons.
And yea, I could've done it to literally anyone non-confirmed. I find it kinda funny that everyone assumed I was telling the truth about specifically targeting Moe when picking anyone would have literally the same effect. What I find funnier, however, is that Moe didn't even try to defend himself.

Well, it's unlikely, but if the character reveal turned out to be Mr. Satan (or Hercule, dunno how you call in English) I'd bet on Jester even without a confirmation of my role.
Moe is really stubborn regardless of alignment and tends to make moves that make literally no sense. He sometimes makes rash last minute decisions that hurt the other players in the game for little to no reason (see the last game we played where he suddenly unvoted on a wagon in the last 30 minutes and nearly caused a no lynch for the second day in a row).

Yeah, I could see that flavor matching up pretty easily. I really couldn't see him as anything else if he's in the game, lol.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
Because you offered yourself up as a policy lynch instead, which is a sneakier, townier way of guaranteeing your victory.
Yes, because acting Townie always works out well for Jesters, who are looking to get themselves lynched. :rolleyes:

What do you think of the game so far? Who is scum?
Funny that you, of all people, should be asking that.
Much as you claim to have found my playstyle to be off this whole game, I've been suspicious of you for a while now.
Why are you pressuring Max to claim literally 5 minutes before EoD? What if he's a power role, claims, and then gets offed by the mafia in the night?
Funny how Max did indeed turn out to be a PR...not entirely surprised that he wasn't killed, mind you. Mafia may yet believe there is protection in the game and/or decided that the pretty much outed Role Cop was a better target both because he was less likely to be targeted and because Role Cop is ridiculously powerful in this setup, and they'd learn their role instantly on usage.

I do also find it odd how you've really not committed much to anything except for the Kerest lynch, when that was already pretty much guaranteed to occur anyway. Despite your obvious disconcertion with my playstyle and, not believing me when I say I don't know my own alignment or role, you've yet to actually come after me. If I had to guess, it's because the only ones certain that I am not scum are scum themselves, which makes starting a bandwagon on me to be a risky maneuver.

I'll admit that I'm not sure what to make of Moe or The Sun Fan. Both have expressed frustration at the situation, lashed out, or whathaveyou. Both of them seem to be pro-policy lynching me, and yet neither has actually initiated the wagon. I don't think both of them are scum, but at least one of them is likely scum.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The only ones who would want me dead are scum. They already know whether or not I'm scum at this point, since they logically would have tried recruiting me either N1 or N2 by this point, but they want to capitalize on the fact that I might be scum since town has no way of knowing my alignment short of a Cop check. Scum wants me dead because my default assumption is that I'm Town, so I will act with town.

Rubik has seemed reasonable and townie lately.

I'll need to ISO HeroOfTime again, but I recall getting town feelings from him.

Gumball and Zinn are fairly neutral reads, with Zinn being a slight scum lean, because something about their play feels off, and confirming SMS's role is completely NAI.

Minish is also null, with a possible minor town lean, but this was based on something funnier had said earlier about Minish being more self conscious as scum.

The Town reads are fairly standard:

Max: Un-CC'd Cop is un-CC'd.

funnier: trusted/declared non-threatening by dead Town Role Cop.

ExLight: well intentioned, cop checked Gladiator, and I doubt that Godfather/Gladiator is a thing.

SMS: Neighborizer is a tricky thing as scum. It is possible he's the Godfather, and Zinn and Moe are both scum with him, but I don't think any of them would have known about the Neighborizer role, so...

DekuNut: Has a town Cop check. Not worth bothering with ATM unless absolute evidence of his scumminess is discovered, since there are at least three scum out there whom the Cop can detect.

ME, myself, and I: Imagine the fact that I am town reading myself. This usually never happens, but, if scum was going to recruit me, they'd have already done so. Since they've failed, I'm not scum.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Moe is really stubborn regardless of alignment and tends to make moves that make literally no sense. He sometimes makes rash last minute decisions that hurt the other players in the game for little to no reason (see the last game we played where he suddenly unvoted on a wagon in the last 30 minutes and nearly caused a no lynch for the second day in a row).
That's... Ugh... Why?

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
That's... Ugh... Why?
That following night Moe successfully vigged scum and I cleared him with a cop check and I had already been sitting on a red result for the sun fan from n1 that I hadn't explicitly claimed (but was breadcrumbing by tunneling him) so we were able to win it pretty cleanly.

I don't think Moe doesn't think, I just can't always understand his thought process.

Yes, because acting Townie always works out well for Jesters, who are looking to get themselves lynched.
that's WIFOM.

Funny how Max did indeed turn out to be a PR...not entirely surprised that he wasn't killed, mind you.

Why is it suspicious for me to say that? I'm clearly not the Rolecop, so how am I supposed to know that he's a PR?

They already know whether or not I'm scum at this point, since they logically would have tried recruiting me either N1 or N2 by this point, but they want to capitalize on the fact that I might be scum since town has no way of knowing my alignment short of a Cop check.

What is your logic that they would have tried to recruit you either N1 or N2?

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
that's WIFOM.
The ‘W’ stands for whiskey. :D

Why is it suspicious for me to say that? I'm clearly not the Rolecop, so how am I supposed to know that he's a PR?
Well, certainly not the Town Rolecop, anyway...

What is your logic that they would have tried to recruit you either N1 or N2?
As I’ve explained a billion times already. If my starting assumption is that I am Town, because the numbers are better for it, and I play as Town, the only faction that hurts is scum. If I was scum, they’d want me to know as quickly as possible, so that I don’t become self-defeating scum. It isn’t in mafia’s best interests to let one of their faction members unwittingly play against them.

Well, certainly not the Town Rolecop, anyway...

Do you really think Lone would do that? Put two of the same role in a game on different factions?

As I’ve explained a billion times already. If my starting assumption is that I am Town, because the numbers are better for it, and I play as Town, the only faction that hurts is scum. If I was scum, they’d want me to know as quickly as possible, so that I don’t become self-defeating scum. It isn’t in mafia’s best interests to let one of their faction members unwittingly play against them.

Scum don't want you dead. They want you alive. Scum benefits from chaos and you're causing it regardless of what your alignment actually is, because you're refusing to play the game properly.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Scum don't want you dead. They want you alive. Scum benefits from chaos and you're causing it regardless of what your alignment actually is, because you're refusing to play the game properly.
He's not saying scums want him dead tho.
He's saying that, if he's scum, by playing as town until getting added in a mafia chat (since he's refusing to find out his alignment) scum would need to check him to make him stop being anti-scum asap.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
Do you really think Lone would do that? Put two of the same role in a game on different factions?
Caps, he put a ****ing Town Silencer in this game, and a 3x night action submitting Gladiator.
Compared to that, having two Rolecops of different factions in a game where we all start off not knowing our roles is not only possible, but probable.
Stop trying to play the WIFOM game. You’re failing.

Speaking of failing...
Wrong on two counts.
1. What Ex said: this statement doesn’t go against the logic of scum wanting to recruit me as quickly as possible to avoid me accidentally stepping on my own toes, which was your question.
2. I’m not really causing chaos. I’ve been helping to resolve the chaos by assuming I’m Town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom